Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He'd taken his mortal form today. Ekundayo didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of being a god amonst mortals, what with the awe or the fear that he encountered. So he was a larger than average lion with no wings. His mane and tail were the same, the markings were the same. Literally all that changed on him was his size and wings.

Stretching himself out in the afternoon sun, Ekyundayo was on his way to... where? Anywhere. He was learning about these mortals, about what they did, what made them tick. So far the were a happy bunch, if not a few extremists or spastic ones. He padded along a path of yellow grass that seemed well traveled and picked up the smell of prey beasts, causing his stomach to rumble loudly. They were antelope, delicious antelope and the herd was a fairly decent size.

Crouching as low as he could and getting into the grass, he stalked them, stopping every now and then when one would look over at his area curiously. Ekyu knew he wouldn't blend the best, what with his mane and tail color, but as one does, he adapted and knew how to hide himself. "Dinner soon," he whispered to himself.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:19 pm
User Image

Nearby there was another four-footed predator who was absolutely infuriated by the presence of the large antelope herd. Little did they know, but a great battle had once been fought on this plain. Aina'nusu had been following the story of a great rust brown lion and was now having trouble finding his image in the mess of battle while attempting to see through the antelope.

She didn't know if he'd survived the battle or not, and the bloody herbivores were going to ruin her chances of finding out! The cheeton gave a frustrated growl, not even trying to keep her volume down as she stalked towards the stupid prey that was IN HER WAY.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:26 pm
What's this?! A growl? Eku's head poked up to peer above the grass, trying to find the source of this growl. It sounded odd. His head canted to the side and he slowly shuffled towards it, no longer interested in the antelope. Golden eyes glanced this way and that as he attempted to find the animal behind that weird growl. If it was canine or feline, he couldn't tell, but curiosity got the better of him.

"Hello?" He asked, trying not to talk above a whisper. That was his future meal, he didn't really want to scare it off! "Are you alright?" And then he saw it, some feline stalking towards the herd, in a huff and the antelope went flying in different directions, scattering and avoiding her before regrouping to bound away. "....Damn." He was really disappointed! He was so hungry and now he was going to have to chase them and it wasn't fun. Bah! "Well there goes dinner."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:30 pm
At least the antelope weren't as stupid as some creatures and were clearing her field of vision with admirable dispatch. She was also ignoring the random voice as she strolled more casually through the battle, trying to find the lion of interest. Unfortunately, the voice got louder. And closer.

And then there was a lion who clearly did not belong to the battle, given that the ghosts were moving through him with no regard. Aina was about to curse when an unexpected thing happened. The rusty lion she'd been searching for came boldly up to where the present lion stood, almost as if the ghost could see him.

The cheeton stopped, breath caught in anticipation as she waited to see what happened next.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 pm
He didn't see these ghosts, or know anything about them in the slightest bit. So he just watched this odd mix of a feline with a little sigh. "...Are you alright?" Eku asked, ears flattening a little bit. She looked preoccupied at first and now she looked down right irritated. He didn't move, just stood there and watched her, trying to place what she was. Hybrids weren't at all common to him. He knew they existed, but meeting them was something he hadn't done. Slowly Eku's tail flicked from side to side and he cleared his throat. Maybe an introduction.

"I'm Ekundayo... I'm sorry if I interrupted something but.. Are you alright?" He knew he was asking again, but he was just trying to come across as 'not going to hurt you' as possible.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 pm
The rusty lion had gestured, clearly giving voice to a great roar to lead his pride into a charge. She could see how it had given great hope and strengthened the hearts of his followers as they crashed into their enemies' lines. She'd already known he was well liked and respected, and now she saw that his people would follow him even to their doom.

But it wasn't their doom Aina'nusu saw, but the rusty lion's own as a smaller black lion - whom she knew was related to him from what she'd previously seen - struck the leader from behind and killed him. Now that was a twist she hadn't expected. But since the battle still raged and the black lion, sinister purpose accomplished, fought like the rest, she supposed she could take a break to watch this live lion in front of her.

To be honest, he didn't look nearly as interesting as a ghost.

"I'm Aina'nusu and I'm fine," she reassured the brown and green lion with a smile. "I'm just watching the ghosts. Did you know you're standing where a great king died?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm
"I imagine, given how old the earth is that many great kings died in many different spots. It'd be difficult to find an area without death...?" He gave a little unsure chuckle as he shifted a little bit more. So she saw ghosts? Looking around, he wondered where they were. Eku didn't mean to come across as snotty or a know it all, but he thought it was an appropriate answer. Clearing his throat, the green and blue maned lion just kicked at the dirt under his paw before sitting down.

"...Tell me of this great king? ...Was it a just death or did he die of old age?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:47 pm
"Well of course!" Aina replied, pleased that the lion understood right away. Every step they took was on someone's last stand. Which was made watching the events unfold was so wonderful.

She'd been going to watch more of the battle when Ekundayo asked her another question. It would be sort of rude to just ignore him, and it was a story that currently interested her. Maybe he'd like it as well!

"Well, as you can guess, he was one of those lions who's practically too good to live. Everyone loved him and all that. Well, in his own pride. There was another group that didn't like him and his pride so much, so they fought. Right here. The king had to defend his people and lead them into battle, so he did, but someone in his pride didn't like him as much as he thought. I think it was his nephew - but a black lion came up to him and killed him. From behind. I wonder if he took over the pride after the battle, but I don't yet know if he survived."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm
She seemed content with his answer. Eku relaxed at that and just gave a happy noise as he continued to look around. Honestly, maybe he should stop second guessing himself. Shifting from paw to paw, the bigger lion got comfortable as he listened to her explanation.

Ah. "Well that's... not good." He sighed and frowned a little more. "That's actually very common when it comes to kings and power. A lot of people are really greedy and want good things for themselves. Often time when this happens, the good thing dissolves into something not good and well.. The one who did the deed is wondering just why it happened. Corrupt individuals and all. ...Do you know their names?"

She seemed interested in this, a great deal so. Asking questions about it could only lead to good hings, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:01 pm
Amber eyes blinked at the unexpected and yet completely logical question. It wasn't one she'd ever been asked before, not even by the lion whom she'd found after following his ghost.

"Why would I know their names? They're ghosts. They may talk, but you can't hear them." The unspoken subtext of Duh wasn't quite a shout.

"Anyway, I should find the black lion - the killer - before the battle ended so that I can follow him if he survived and find out what happened next," she explained, taking a step to the right where she'd last seen him go.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:05 pm
He was going to ask another question, or mention maybe lip reading, but she seemed insistent on going to find the killer lion and continue this story. So he just let his lips tilt up in a smile and a nod. "Alright. Until... next time." If there was a next time. He had to go find new food anyway. His stomach grumbled loudly as he walked towards where the antelope fled to. Interesting. He was definitely going to have to ask about that; if more mortals than her could see ghosts or if she was just losing her mind. He believed her though, if that was anything.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games