Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:59 pm
Insha was getting older. He was not old, by any means, but he knew that he had spent most of his life alone and not doing anything at all of worth. What kind of a lion did that? Why did he have nothing to look forward to, and nothing to come home to?

He had not done anything of note, and that meant he did not deserve anything of note, he supposed.

So what was he to do? How could he change it?

He knew what he wanted. Really, he was a simple lion. He wanted to meet a nice lady and have some cubs, and raised them. He was not sure if he was mate material, but he knew the importance of having a family line, and making sure his blood passed on. Maybe he could make that his goal? Except he could be a little... shy.

Sighing heavily, looking up at the sky, he was sitting in the middle of a small, clear area.

Neon Fly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:56 am
User ImageUser Image
Losing the Jini's original territory had been an all together strange experience for Jomijoke. It had taken her quite a while to figure out where the pride had relocated to and after finding them, she hadn't initially been certain if she'd wanted to stay. After all, a mountainside wasn't really any place for crocodiles. She had left her father and sister to seek out the swamplands that beckoned her, the first place she'd ever really felt comfortable calling home and now that place was but a memory.

Now that the comfort of familiar territory was gone Jomi wondered if separating herself from her kin had been the best idea. In her practical mindset the thought of being influenced by the knot of loss weighing heavily in her chest was ridiculous, but it still lingered. She saw others with their brothers, mothers and children and felt... longing? Even crocodiles weren't entirely solitary, a new family--cubs to whom she could teach the ways of the revered river reptile--might prove beneficial. And hell, possibly fun.

That was how the search started.

Slithering through the open clearing, silent as a shadow Fupa lifted his head once, just high enough to see the backside of the unsuspecting male before dropping below the height of the grass. His movements quickened eagerly. He picked up his head a second time to make sure the lion was still there, still clueless, then quickly flattened to the ground, racing forward. The third time he picked up his head, he was ready to strike, lurching with impossible speed to tighten around the pale male, holding the furred beast in place with a joyful cheer. Fupa found one! Fupa found a good one!

Appearing from just beyond the tree line, the pale crocodile arched a brow at her albino companion. The python had taken her desire to find a suitable mate almost as a challenge, he was always on the alert for a potential mate, though exactly why escaped Jomijoke's immediate understanding of the odd serpent. She was sure he had ulterior motives though. So you have... good work.

Taking in the pale hues of the stranger's coat--sky blues and winter white--her eye remained trained with increasing interest. Normally Jomi would have admonished any male fool enough to be caught by Fupa, but given the extenuating circumstances and the immediate appeal of him, she decided to let it slide. Those blues would certainly assist in her cubs camouflage in the mountain's clear river water. Fupa certainly had done good work this time.

Lithiasaur

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:56 am
Neon Fly

Insha could not say he had woken up that morning expecting to be attacked by a snake and held captive for a female lion to come and look at. He was baffled, in fact, by the sudden disruption to the quiet of his thoughts and he let out a yelp of surprise in response to it. It was not the most manly of sounds, but he had been surprised.

And he didn't like snakes...

Especially not big ones.

"I'm sorry, are you going to eat me or something? Because I'm really not interested in being eaten and uh... I don't want to hurt anyone, but I definitely can, because I am a very strong lion. And I have a lot of friends. And family. That would come and find me. So. It's not a good idea...."

He cleared his throat as he spoke, as nothing he said amounted to anything close to the truth. But maybe they would buy it and let him go?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:26 pm
Whatever Insha wished to add to the conversation, his voice went unheard, or at least one might have thought as much considering the conversation between the pair continued uninterrupted.

Jomi likessss....? Fupa questioned with a ridiculous cant of his head, still coiled despite the lioness' silent command that he release his quarry. She didn't need to say it, he knew her well enough to hear the implications in her tone.

Pink eyes trained on the snake with immediate annoyance which was expressed on her impatient sigh. Yes. Now, get off.

Good! Jomi will trade lion for fissssh then...? Fupa's tone was half demand, half request as he tightened his coils purposefully. Not enough to harm the lion, but enough to get his point across.

Why you blackmailing little worm! Jomijoke hissed between her clenched teeth. Of course, little wasn't an accurate description of the serpent who could have easily used the force of his muscular body to shatter bones and steal the life from his victims. She should have known he was planning to pull such a stunt. No wonder he'd looked so disappointed when she'd turned up her nose at the other males he had "captured" for her. Fine! Take what you want and get out of here, but remember Fupa, that you're a lot slower when you've got a belly full of food.

Conceding to the albino serpent reluctantly, but quickly, so as to prevent an unfortunate accident Jomijoke was pleased to see the hesitation in the python's face. Unfortunately, her threat wasn't enough to keep him from shamelessly stealing her latest meal. His long body quick to uncoil from the lion he'd been securely fastened to in favor of sliding through the grass toward the satchel lashed to her shoulder. The limp tail of a tigerfish flopped out invitingly from beneath the lid, too large to be entirely concealed.

Sorry for that. Jomi began, even while Fupa still worked to free his prize from her bag, her focus now fixated on her target. But I wouldn't have let him eat you, you have my word.

Whatever the word of a crocodile was worth anyhow. At least her concern was real and she had been paying attention to him when he'd spoke up in opposition to being captured. He didn't hurt you though, did he?

Normally the quirky lioness wouldn't have bothered to ask such a question, but it occurred to her that if the male was injured he might not be willing or even able to perform the request she had in mind.

Lithiasaur

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:18 am
Neon Fly

Trade lion for fish?

What had he gotten himself into? Some sort of strange lion/snake alliance that spelled big trouble for anyone caught in their nefarious web? Were they some sort of slave traders, who kidnapped lions and forced them to do their bidding, and the snake was the hunter while the lioness was the mastermind? Or was he letting his rather over active imagination get the better of him, now that he was really starting to worry about things?

He hoped it was the latter most, because the other options did not... sound... all that good to him.

It did seem that there was trouble in paradise, whatever this duo really were up to. The snake wanted more than the lioness seemed inclined to give, and while poor Insha was the bartering tool caught in its coils, he could not help but be interested in what was going on here.

It certainly was the most interesting thing to happen to him in a while.

Once freed, Insha stood there trembling a bit, very awkwardly watching the snake as it slithered to get its ill gotten reward, and then looking at the lioness as she apologized. He very slowly, dumbly, shook his head, watching her and forgetting how to make words for a moment.

When he did remember, though, he managed to add. "Uh. No. I'm okay. What... was all that?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:37 am
Quirking her head at the slight shiver in his stance Jomijoke arched a brow wonderingly. Had Fupa really scared him that much? He wasn't exactly the most substantial lion she had met, but she could be certain any cubs she bore from him were more sturdy. They would have to be to join her in the water where competition for food was fierce, especially in the dry season.

After examining him a while longer, her gaze followed his own to Fupa, now retreating with his meal only half engulfed in his distended jaw. That should keep him busy and quiet for a while at least. A point the albino crocodile admitted she was glad for as her attention once more returned to her prize, smiling blithely at his question. I asked Fupa to help me find a suitable male for having cubs.

Jomi admitted point blank and without a note of embarrassment. She had always been a rather straight to the point sort of girl. I admit for a while I didn't think he was really even trying. The last few were pitifully lacking in anything resembling the proper qualities for crocodile cubs, that is.. until you.

Even in looking him over she felt her smile soften with something close to a swooning desire. You're exactly who I've been looking for.

Fupa had initially taken offense to his partner's insinuation that he hadn't taken her request seriously. The learning curve was steep when she hadn't exactly described what it was she was looking for. It had been a game of hit or miss until he'd come to understand, at least in vague terms, what Jomi was searching for and that made him particularly proud of his newest find. In his eyes, he deserved the fish he was so greedily gobbling down for a job well done. Of course, conveniently enough for Jomi, his mouth was full and would be for a while longer yet, making any potential protest temporarily impossible.

Lithiasaur

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:02 pm
Neon Fly

Insha could not help but stare at her for a long moment when she told him her plan. The snake was out in the pridal lands, looking for a male lion to catch for her to have cubs with? That was an interesting way to get cubs, he had to admit... but what would that mean for the male?

"I... I am? Crocodile? Wait, what are we talking about, again?" He lost her at the crocodile cubs.

They were both lions, clearly.

"I guess I was out looking for someone to have a family with too, but I don't think my methods quite match up to yours. Uh. I guess I'm just confused. What do you want to do with the cubs? I mean... would the father uh... get to see them?"

Wait, was he entertaining this idea? Why was he not running away from her as fast as he could, because she was so odd? Instead, he was too interested to go anywhere, and really just wanted to hear more about this plan of hers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:00 am
If there was any awkwardness in the silence that passed between the two lions Jomijoke seemed oblivious to it, her smile was wide and toothy as she gazed upon Insha with obvious approval. She did, however, pick up on his confusion, having already stepped into the small distance that separated them in order to slowly circle his frame, getting a closer look at just what she would be investing into her future cubs. Aside from the camouflage of his coat he seemed a bit on the scrawny side, though that worried the water poacher none at all. She would be sure to raise her cubs to be fit and well adapted physically to their environment--a little extra training would supplement whatever necessary muscle they needed that they hadn't been naturally gifted with already.

Yes, it seems the mountain waters are much clearer than the swamps were. There my coloring was a hindrance and a mud coat was required for appropriate hunting, but here.. Her voice hummed with silky pleasure. Here, my albinism is more suitable, combined with your watery blues our cubs will certainly excel in their water training. Their prey won't see them coming until they're already dead.

Pausing to reveal the length of ladder-like markings upon her spine to him, from a top view she did resemble the broad, leather back of a crocodile--or perhaps an armadillo if she were to curl up into a ball. Pale pink eyes regarded Insha with more patience than she was prone to as she tried to explain further, though it was hard to explain her awakening to her true nature to other lions. I am Jomijoke and though my looks may fool you, I'm a crocodile. The cubs we could have, would be of my body so they too would be crocodiles, at least in part.

She conceded that last bit after a moment reluctantly, flicking her tail with interest at the male's admission. So he also wanted cubs? This would make them a perfectly suited pair, though his tone still suggested of reservations about the idea. Many lions have used less kind words for my methods than you, but I will not deny I am... unique.

Do with them? The question caught Jomi off guard and despite her practical personality, she frowned woundedly. Perhaps she was something of a deviant, but she wasn't depraved! Do with them? I want to raise them, of course. They're of my flesh and spirit. They will be loved and nurtured. I intend to teach them my ways so they will be able to care for themselves when they are old enough to leave me. You need not fear, I am an excellent huntress, our cubs would never go hungry.

Another pause filled the air with silence as the crocodile regarded Insha puzzledly. She had always pictured herself raising her cubs alone, but then she'd also never thought that the male she chose would be interested in the outcome of his deeds. I.. well.. honestly, I hadn't expected that the sire would want that. I had planned to raise them alone. But! She added quickly feeling a little flustered, I would not be opposed to help from their father if he wished that! I would welcome their sire as long as he did not hinder or oppose me teaching them my ways.

Seating her muscular frame before him Jomijoke smiled in an uncharacteristically gentle way. If they are also to be part lion then it might be good if they learned the ways of their father as well. The rogue lands are a harsh place for crocodiles, knowing how to hunt as lions do would benefit them on their pilgrimage I think.

Watching the little exchange from a safe distance away while he consumed the tigerfish Fupa wasn't certain if he'd be able to keep his precious prize down if he heard one more sappy word out of his companion. Truthfully he'd never seen Jomijoke so off balance. Normally she had an analytical sort of way about her. All facts, no emotion. Seeing her cuddling up to a male--as well as Jomi could cuddle--was disgusting.

He already knew the cubs would be partially his responsibility as well, as he had a strangely symbiotic sort of relationship with Jomi that way. Nobody was really asking him, but personally Fupa wasn't looking forward to keeping tabs on several rambunctious, amphibious lion cubs. He would have much rather ate them and been done with it.

Lithiasaur

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:58 am
Neon Fly

Water training...?

Insha was concerned about the future of these theoretical cubs. Were they going to be raised to eat lions?! He would not want that, even if he did want cubs, and was not entirely adverse to this very strange happening. He was definitely curious, but not curious enough to risk being part of the birth of little... water logged... lion eating monsters.

"You're... you're not a crocodile. You're a lioness, and I'm a lion. I've never seen a crocodile as pretty as you," he said, though the compliment was actually just an accident, as it was an honest thought. They had never been very pretty, while she was lovely to look at. Even if she did confuse him terribly when she spoke.

He watched her and nodded his head slowly at her words. She seemed to be very sincerely when she said she wanted to love them, and wanted them to grow up happy and healthy. He wanted the same things for his cubs, if he did have any, after all. He smiled a bit, nodding his head slowly.

"Well... if they are going to be lions and crocodiles, then I can take care of the lion part of it. Maybe you can teach me a little about being a crocodile, too, if you wanted. I mean. Maybe. If it works out, or you... want to... uh. Hey they aren't... uhm... going to eat lions, right? I mean crocodiles don't... eat... uh..."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 pm
Jomijoke had expected his incredulous reaction to her announcement, most lions seemed perplexed by it and as a result denied the truth of her words, but if they had ever seen her submerged in the river, waiting for prey to wander by for a drink. If they had ever watched her surge from the water to grab her prey and drag it below the surface to drown the life from its body. They would have known otherwise. Years of perfecting her hunting had given her vice like jaws, a sturdy neck and powerful forelimbs corded with thick muscle for pulling helpless beasts to their death. She was as much a crocodile as the scaly reptiles that patrolled the Nile.

His off the ruff compliment, however, caught her by surprise and though she succeeded in remaining--for all appearances--completely unphased, some small part of the lioness felt flush with delight. Crocodiles are not meant to be pretty. They are efficient predators, being pretty would serve no purpose for them.

While she tried to explain to the amusingly oblivious Insha in a plain way, that nagging bubble of glee somehow forced her to add what felt like a completely irrelevant comment. But, I'm glad to know that my appearance is pleasing to you.

Really. Whether or not he enjoyed looking at her was completely irrelevant in the matter of actually producing cubs. Certainly, it might have helped, but it wasn't necessary. Two horribly unattractive lions could still have a litter together. Even in knowing this in a perfectly logical sense, her tail curled with bliss when he smiled at her. Clearly satisfied in her answer to the rearing of their potential offspring.

I have never seen it, though I suppose they might. I'm certain they could. Again the bizarre lioness answered Isha's questions in a matter-of-fact way, though her expression had turned puzzled. Maybe it was a perfectly linear line of questioning for most when thinking of lions being reared as crocodiles, but for Jomijoke his curiosity might as well have fallen out of the sky. Continuing with a slow shake of her head and a small, detesting wrinkle of her nose, Though every crocodile is different, I see no nutritional benefit of it and personally would never raise cubs on it. Our cubs would grow up on a diet of river fish, turtles to help strengthen their jaws and whatever antelope or gazelle are unfortunate enough to wade across my section of the waterways.

Okay, so that probably wasn't exactly the sort of answer he wanted to hear, but at least she softened the awkward response with a slightly more acceptable one. Perhaps, even almost normal. Besides, the rest of my family are still lions even if I am not and I do not believe in eating my kin.

While she didn't understand exactly why he seemed so concerned abut it, the pale huntress did seem at vaguely aware that it concerned the male. The smile she offered him was gentle and reassuring, lifting herself off haunches to circle him again, though this time she leaned more intimately into his body as her side brushed along his. I would like very much to show you how I hunt, if you would stay with me.. I could teach you many things about a crocodile.

That.. hadn't been part of the plan. She had said she wanted a male to help her produce cubs, but she had never given the impression she had been looking for something permanent. So why did Fupa suddenly get the impression that things were taking a course of action neither one of them had intended, or expected? He considered interrupting. Of pulling Jomijoke back to reality, but she was as stubborn as she was bizarre and he was certain that he would pay for interfering, at least at the moment. Maybe he would be able to talk sense into her later.

Deciding that it might be best to seek her out when she was alone, and more clear headed, the giant serpent finished swallowing the angular tail of his prize and, with a full belly, slithered silently out of sight. Granted, he doubted Jomi was even aware he was still lurking nearby anyway.
Lithiasaur

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:08 pm
Neon Fly

Insha actually smiled at her when she said she was glad for his awkward compliment. He did not think appearance was everything, but he did like to be polite and respectful of others, and give compliments when they were deserved. Maybe he was trying to flirt a little bit, but that was beyond his general experience so far, and he was just making it up as he was going along.

Anyway he was pretty sure this was not how most lions met potential breeding partners, so he had no conventions to rely on.

He did hesitate a bit at her answer, but he felt like it was a strong enough 'no, we won't eat lions' that he could be a little more comfortable in this odd arrangement he had somehow fallen into. And was okay with it. He supposed this was just a new turn in the road and he was venturing down the start of something interesting. An adventure, of some sort!

As she moved closer to him he felt things were well decided, and he would learn about 'crocodiles', and perhaps have a family of cubs that were both efficient on land and water. It was definitely not something he had ever imagined, but he liked it that way. He imagined, if nothing else, she was going to keep him on his toes.

"Well, then, good. I'll do everything I can to help you... and our cubs... uh... yeah. Our cubs."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:45 am
Our cubs. Jomijoke repeated with a winding smile. She liked the ring of it as she nuzzled her cheek against the thick ruff of his mane and settled against Insha's side. Her search had lead her to circle the mountain with Fupa, several times she had found herself met with disappointment but it seemed finally she had found what she'd been looking for.

Actually. She'd found even more then that.

This male wanted to help her raise the cubs and even learn about her crocodilian ways. However tentative he seemed about it, it was better than being scoffed at or given wary glances by those who thought her a lunatic. Maybe they weren't the most ideal match ever made, but they were willing to work through their differences and that meant something.

Insha... I'm glad I found you. Tilting her head back to glance up at him, the pale lioness grinned, inexplicably eager for this new chapter in her life.

Lithiasaur

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas