Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[SRP] ROUND ONE: Buffalo! (Dysi, Viper & Noapte)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm
User Image

This is going to end badly, he thought worriedly as he watched from a safe distance as Noapte stalked towards a herd of buffalo.

That's right.

Not a single buffalo.

A herd.

"Is he going to die?" Dysi whispered to Viper, who laid unconcerned next to him to watch the carnage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 pm
User Image

Viper was not as concerned about the other lion as Dysi was, her eyes were disinterested as she stared at the scenery around them. She would be interested when the male attempted to attack the herd on his own. That would be entertaining.

"He might, if he is still stupid," Viper remarked casually. "If he's clever he might survive though." Her voice implied that it was rather doubtful.

She was quick to past judgment on people, she knew, but he was rude to her and it didn't seem to be because he was having a bad day. It just seemed to be him and Viper didn't appreciate people being cruel to her. She had no time for cruel people.

"Oh! Did you want your necklace?" She asked, pulling the fabric from around her neck and holding it out on her paw to him.

"But I haven't paid for it yet," Dysi protested.

Viper shrugged.
"Yeah but you're nice, he is a jerk. Therefore you get it at a discount. Take it," she insisted, dropping it near his paws and stretching. "It's my jewelry, I can do what I want with it."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of thundering hooves, and Viper looked up eagerly.

"NO WAY!" She gasped, eyes wide.

Velveteen Angel

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:26 pm
User Image

Noapte was looking smug; and as he should be, as he stood, blooded and messy, over the top of a deceased buffalo. He was rather glad that it seemed like the others had no seen him take it down (because it was all rather embaressing and it was only because the buffalo tripped on it's own that he was able to get his jaws around the neck of it and put it out of it's misery quickly and with only minor scratches to himself).

"Too easy!" He bellowed out to his audience, ignoring the throbbing his back leg from his takedown maneuver. Those horns, even on a downed buffalo, still hurt.

He made deliberate steps towards the watching duo, careful not the limp at all because that would just be shameful.

"I will take my necklace now," he said stiffly, withholding the urge to wince.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Wow, Jerk, you’re a lot tougher than you look,” Viper said with grudging respect as she rose to her paws, slipping off the fancy necklace (which she had always found gaudy and a bit too much personally), chucking it to him with little concern. “I had expected you to get your butt handed to you, but looks like you came out of it unscathed. You should be a professional hunter; but y’know, you’d have to be nice to people to do that.”

Viper was nothing if not blunt. She hated beating around the bush and this guy really had rubbed her the wrong way. It wasn’t even that she thought he was a bad person, she just thought he was selfish and a bit a jerk. She wasn’t far from the truth anyway.

That was seriously impressive, well done!” Dysi praised, a lot more nicely than Viper. “I would never have dared that without another person or two backing me up!” He rose to his paws, glancing at the fair sized buffalo that he had taken down. Dysi wasn’t lying, he wouldn’t have dared to do that alone. He liked living too much to try that.

That’s because you don’t have my skills,” Noapte retorted to Dysi slightly cocky now that he knew they hadn’t seen how it actually went down. He ignored Viper’s cruel words and picked the necklace off the ground near his paws. He had failed to catch it when Viper threw it, but he played it off cooly, slipping it around his neck to keep it safe.
Such a shame you didn’t set a higher asking price on your best gem,” Noapte mused silkily.

Viper’s smile was almost toxic. “Oh don’t worry. You and that gem truly deserve each other.” Both gaudy and obnoxious, she finished internally.

Velveteen Angel

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:09 pm
Dysi was not one who disliked people easily but this male didn’t seem to have many redeeming qualities in the present moment. He frowned, and shook his head, grateful that this male was not someone he would be around often.

Well I suppose I should head back to my mate, show her my beautiful new necklace for her,” he remarked cheerfully. “Say, Miss What is your name? I realise we had forgone the pleasantries but it would be nice to have a name for the face,” he said with a broad grin at her.

My name is Dysini’mbus.”

Viper grinned at Dysi, pleased that he liked the necklace. “I hope she loves it!” she said cheerfully. “Ah, my name is Ukuwi, or Viper, but I usually go by Viper; it is my second name.” Her grin was toothy and full of teeth, which seemed to suit the vicious snake name.

It is a pleasure to meet you, Dysi!”

Noapte, now that he had his necklace, had appeared to lose interest in those before him. Making sure his necklace was securely in place, he began to move back the way he had come, without another word to those he had been conversing with.
He would take it back to Parv and woo her further; making her swoon at the sight and securing her as his mate. She was, after all, the most beautiful female he had seen and that was only fair for him to take her as his mate. They would make the most beautiful babies together.
He grinned to himself as he walked away.

Viper huffed in annoyance as Noapte simply stalked off, without a word. “YOU’RE WELCOME!” she bellowed after him but received no reply. “Ugh, I hate that guy.”

She didn’t mind him leaving; she didn’t really want him around, but he could have at least said thank you, or goodbye or told her his name. Actually, no, it was probably best he didn’t say his name or else she might use someone to try and curse him. She smirked. That would be entertaining; curse him to have all his fur fall out or something. Wouldn’t that put a dent in his ego?

She chuckled to herself, entertained by the idea.

He was afraid to ask why she was laughing. He had a feeling he would not want to know. He smiled in bemusement and nodded to her.

Well I best be off. It was a pleasure to meet you, Miss Viper.”

She grinned. “You too, Dysini’mbus! Farewell!

The two parted ways on much better terms than the two lions parted, and Viper was pleased with that. She headed to her buffalo, preparing to skin it for pelt and gorge herself on the food. It didn’t bother her that some would go to waste, as she knew scavengers would finish whatever she left.
For now, she would take her fill and all that she wanted, and be on her way once again.

-fin-  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff