Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Nerdy Pets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are your pets nerds, too?
  Better believe it!
  Forcibly....
  They're animals. What do you expect?
View Results

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 pm
If you have pets, do you incorporate them into your nerdy ways? How do they like it? Personally, I own a tarantula, bearded dragon, and betta fish.

I've kept fish most of my life, and they are always named by some nerdy aspect. My betta fish' names have all been inspired by Star Wars. I have had Darth Betta, Betta Fett, and Emperor Betta-tine, to name a few.

I take a naming approach with my spiders, too, so I have Strider (from Lord of the Rings) and Espiga (from Godzilla).

My Beardie, Doc, takes a more active role. He loves when I cosplay, as there's little he loves more than wigs. My cosplays give him excellent places to perch, so he gets excited when I pull my stuff out for photoshoots. He also enjoys watching video games and anime, provided that they aren't too lovey-dovey. He much prefers the action sequences.

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm
xinitia
If you have pets, do you incorporate them into your nerdy ways? How do they like it? Personally, I own a tarantula, bearded dragon, and betta fish.

I've kept fish most of my life, and they are always named by some nerdy aspect. My betta fish' names have all been inspired by Star Wars. I have had Darth Betta, Betta Fett, and Emperor Betta-tine, to name a few.

I take a naming approach with my spiders, too, so I have Strider (from Lord of the Rings) and Espiga (from Godzilla).

My Beardie, Doc, takes a more active role. He loves when I cosplay, as there's little he loves more than wigs. My cosplays give him excellent places to perch, so he gets excited when I pull my stuff out for photoshoots. He also enjoys watching video games and anime, provided that they aren't too lovey-dovey. He much prefers the action sequences.

User Image

User Image

User Image

Hi xinitia,

I have a nerdy pet too. My cat Smokey likes to problem solve (especially when he's trying to get into an area that he is not suppose to get into). He will try one thing after another to solve the problem. Also he will study people. He will sit their with his eyes open wide and stare you down for as much as an hour. My niece once said, "what is he doing?", I laughed and said he is trying to figure you out. LOL  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers