Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Poutin' We Will Go (Aspros x Kari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:52 pm
Aspros pulled a fur over her head and tried to ignore the world. She did not like being alone in this big den anymore, she was unhappy about Kari not staying with her, and while she had agreed to carry cubs for him so that he and her father could have "children of their own," she was all the more sad that she could not have company in the big den she had taken. Why had she had to keep Kari when he showed up? She should have let her sisters and mother deal with him so that she didn't get attached.

Aspros knew she was badluck, and while she knew Kari would say otherwise, she was CERTAIN that his not staying anymore was because he had realized this as well. Why would one want to live with a badluck lioness? She was sure that had she not been the only one in the litter to look like her father, they would have been much more worried about her badluck passing to any potential cubs. They were taking a big risk by having HER be the chosen mother for Kari's cubs, but that was little comfort right now.

Right now, Aspros was willing the sun to go back down so she could hide in the dark peaceful bliss of night. She had been having a wonderful dream of being snuggled up to someone. She didn't know who, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was how nice it had felt, and how realistic. There was nothing in the world as nice as that feeling, so she wished to go back to sleep and recapture it. It never occurred to the lioness that Kari was likely coming to visit today. She was too busy burrowing under a fur to really think about much.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:33 pm
A throat cleared itself close by her ear, Kari having entered the den as Aspros was shifting about under her fur. The tall male folded himself down carefully, curling up against the lump that was Aspros.

"Evening Aspros... How are you feeling tonight?" His soft voice was gentle, as it had been since they had agreed to produce this litter. Now Kari was spending more and more time with her, bringing her fresh kills and changing the bedding on the dens floor more often than was probably required

Completely oblivious to the fact that she was thinking about her proposed bad luck again, he nuzzled the fur-covered mound. "Are you hungry?"

Kathryn Dragonna

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:12 pm
Aspros had not heard the male enter, and having forgotten that he was going to be visiting, she was not expecting it either. The lioness jumped a little and poked her head out from under the fur. Her nose ended up going up against Kari's own as he attempted to nuzzle her. She blinked into his eyes. "Hello, Kari. Have you come to chance bad luck again? One might think you have it in for yourself, you know." She gave him a cheeky grin to try to hide the fact that she had just woken up and forgotten his visit. He wouldn't notice, right? Okay so she knew otherwise, but she was trying not to be a complete embarrassment.

"I'll try not to share my luck... I am sure Fuu would not appreciate it if I did." Aspros sat up a bit and pulled the fur around herself a bit more. She normally was not cold, but right now she did not want to expose herself to the air outside her fur. It was toasty warm under here and she liked it. It rather reminded her of the feeling the dream had given her. Warm, safe, and loved was such a nice combination. She might not be able to get all of those, but she had the warm from the fur, and she was safe with Kari around.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:30 pm
Her reaction pulled a soft chuckle from him. Once she emerged from the mound of furs, he resettled, curled round her so she was settled in the lee of his body protectively.

"I will never have bad luck while knowing you, Aspros. Fuu turned up after we met, and that is very very good luck in my opinion." Lipping her ear he nuzzled her ruff, making it stand up on end in wayward spikes. One day he would break her of her conviction about all this bad luck.. And until then he would simply refuse to agree with her. Eventually she had to give it up.

"Anyway, you didn't answer me. How are you feeling? Fuuen killed a gazelle earlier, I brought some along if you are hungry. "

Kathryn Dragonna

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:14 pm
"You must be protected from the bad luck by knowing Fuu. He turned up hurt, though, so perhaps if I were not around, he would have turned up unharmed." Aspros licked the male's cheek and half closed her eyes again. She really did not care that he mussed up her ruff. It was what it was and she could fix it later. She snuggled closer to him, settling down beside him and trying to steal his warmth as well as having the fur over herself.

Aspros wondered if her father would be as stubborn about her bad luck as Kari was. She had yet to bring it up to the lion for the same reason she did not speak of it around her mother. It was no use getting them upset over it and she was sure they heard it around the pride anyway. "I am feeling cold... I am not hungry." Perhaps she was, but she was more concerned with pouting over that lovely lost dream. She really would have liked to recapture that feeling of being surrounded by someone else. She knew she' wouldn't get THAT in the real world.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:47 pm
Huffing into her ear in retaliation he shook his head. "Fuuen was hurt long before he set foot anywhere near this pride. And before that I hadn't seem him for a very long time... You couldn't possibly have influenced him or his luck in any way shape or form..." He really wished Fuuen were there, just so his mate could cure her of this obsession once and for all. Fuu was far more adept at explaining things to others than Kari himself, and he felt sure Fuu would fix this without much trouble...

But in the mean time...

Leaning over he tugged the furs high up over Aspros, worried about her chill. His own cape was caught in strong teeth and tugs so it covered both of them, even as Kari tucked himself closer about her, his body between her and the opens en mouth, blocking any wind.

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked softly, worried for her.

Kathryn Dragonna

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:18 pm
Tanakako

Normally Aspros would have protested being covered so heavily, since she was accustomed to the cold. But it felt nice to be snuggled up to someone and extra warm today. "He is related to me, I am sure that affects his luck even when he is nowhere near me." She licked Kari's ear and nuzzled his cheek. "I am fine, really... I am warm now. I am sure the chill was just because of my dream." This, she was certain, would be the only way she got anywhere close to the feeling she had in the dream, and it was nice.

Aspros wondered how long it would be until she had cubs for Kari and her father to raise. They would do wonderfully with the litter, she was sure, and with two wonderful parents like them, the cubs certainly would not have to worry about having Aspros as a mother. She still doubted her own ability to be a good mother, and did not understand how her mother had done it alone with her and her siblings. It was a miracle Aspros' mother was still sane. "The warmth is nice, thank you."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:40 am
He let a rumbling purr free at her licks, glad that she seemed to be alright but still secretly worried. Though he didn't repeat his query, not wanting to upset her and instead shifted closer, curling his tail about her body protectively. He wouldn't have minded Fuuen joining them, since the secure male had always helped Kri feel grounded and secure, and honestly he simply missed the bigger Tom when Fuu was away. But he had thought his mate had talked about hunting, especially since Aspros was now eating for several of them.

Instead he checked the blankets over her were secure and settled down, chin resting across his paws, gaze on the female beside him. She was still a miricle to him, and soon she would birth his and Fuu's cubs.

"Why don't you rest, Assi?" He murmured softly, using the nickname he had fondly dubbed her with.

Kathryn Dragonna

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:22 pm
Aspros should stay awake while she had company. She knew she should, and yet Kari's suggestion sounded wonderful. To go back to sleep snuggled against him would be a delightful arrangement. She did not dare do so, though. It would be rude. The lioness reached out a paw and stretched lazily. That sleep was getting more tempting by the moment. "I should not sleep. You are visiting and I should have been up before this." Not that she was. She had slept most of the day, laying down for a nap and sleeping until Kari's visit.

Aspros felt her eyes drift closed even as she finished stretching and shook her head to keep herself awake. She blamed the warm snugglyness of having Kari and the furs over her to make her so sleepy. That on top of having just woken, did not bode well for her fight to stay awake. "I should visit Fuu and you more often... I have been slacking." She yawned and tried to give herself another shake to get rid of the tired. It was not working, but she was trying.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:56 pm
Her constant fidgeting made him chuckle softly. "You do realise that it is perfectly normal to need to rest more, especially as the time of the birth draws nearer. Now stop worrying and rest a while. I am perfectly content to nap right here with you."

Leaning over her he rested his head atop her own, nosing behind one slender ear in a comforting manner. "Now let yourself rest, Assi. Fuu will come visit with us later." Lipping her mane tuft he started to purr, a deep rumble that was felt more as a vibration against her side than an actually audible sound.

Kathryn Dragonna

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas