[PRP] Friendly Advise (A'lan/Drox)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:10 pm
Usually when a Jedi Knight is ready, they get the chance to train a padawan. They spend sometime with the younglings and find one that they feel they can work with. If the council agrees to the partnership, the two of them are allowed to form their bond of teacher and student. There were times where he thought he was ready to have his own padawan, to pass his knowledge to the next generation. Whenever he spent time with the younglings, he imagined what he could teach them and how he could help them grow.

And grow closer toward the dark side.

His past should not affect him now. He had proven himself to be loyal follower of the jedi, to use the force for just. But the truth was the dark side had shaped him and helped him become the lion he was today. He buried his fear of falling to the dark side deep inside of himself, hidden under a mask of a laid back jedi.

Even when he reached master hood, he felt he was not ready to have a padawan. Eventually he was requested to help with a youngling. Atino and her mate Ahaztutako had come to him to talk about their daughter Tsiana. They were seeking a Jedi Master who would take her as their padawan. Atino was a friend of his, but he wasn't sure if he would be the right choice.

He had watched Tsiana and her fellow younglings just to get an idea about what he would be getting himself into. It didn't take him long to feel like she would be a handful to deal with. At the same time, he felt like they might be able to make a good team.

He stopped outside the doors to the temple. Soon the council meeting should end and A'lan would be around. He wanted to talk to him before making a decision. A'lan was much more level headed and could make rational decision. Too often Drox found that his own feelings clouded his judgment. He waited quietly outside.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:49 pm
It was a good day. The weather was proving to remain pleasant, the air clear, and the times of peace lent them Council meetings about resupplying the healers wards and which Younglings were showing progress and which ones looked like they could use some extra help. It also helped that earlier he'd been given a clean bill of health. Yes, it was days like these that A'lan loved the most.

Though that did not mean that the Peacekeeper did not enjoy his duties. His Master taught him well and his skills had earned himself a position on the Jedi Council, despite his sometimes flagging health. It didn't help that he's seer abilities seemed to exacerbate his bouts of illness. The more vivid and precise the vision, the worse the backlash seemed to be. A situation made all the more worse by sometimes having unexpected visions. The healing wards were quite used to him by now to say the least.

Well, and one other who practically lived in his rooms there when he was confined to the wards. A'lan smiled at the thought as he left the Council chambers with the others, the session over for the day, only for it to widen as he saw the lion of his thoughts waiting outside.

"Drox," He greeted warmly. "My friend, how are you today?"  

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 am
Drox looked at his friend and smiled. “Troubled, but other than that I am doing fine.” He said. His time spent with A'lan was always important. A'lan was his first friend, the first jedi he had ever met. There was no one in the world he trusted more than A'lan. And yet he felt it difficult to explain his problem. A'lan had also not had a padawan, but for different reasons.

“How about you? You seem to be in good health.” If A'lan had been sick, he was sure he would have been one of the first to know. He hated seeing his best friend ill and felt he needed to be by his side until he felt better. There was a time where he even tried to study under master healers in hopes of learning more. He lacked any natural healing techniques and had a habit of making things worse.

“I was wondering if you would be interested in going on a walk with me? I'll try not to take up too much of your time or get us lost in the jungle.” He added with a grin. Not that he could get lost in the jungle even if he tried. He knew his way around the jungle forward and back.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:36 am
"Troubled?" A'lan tilted his head in surprise "Well, I do hope it might be something that I might be able to help with." Drox. Where to start with Drox. The lion was one of the most loyal, kindest and self-sacrificing person that A'lan had the privilege to call his best friend.

A'lam smiled again "Yes, very good health actually, confirmed by the Healers even. A bit surprised to tell you the truth, I haven't felt this well in a while." He was glad as well, that last bought of sick hadn't been very pleasant. His fur had only recently finally got it's healthy sheen back to it.

"Drox, time spent with you is time never wasted, no matter how much you 'get us lost.'" A'lan laughed and made a show of bowing "My afternoon is yours to do as you wish good Master."  

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:40 pm
He hoped that A'lan could help him. The decision was overwhelming for him. He just needed to talk it out and figure out the best course of action.

Drox's ears perked up when A'lan talked about his health. “That is wonderful! We will have to spend more time together than while you are feeling good. Maybe we can go to the rogue lands and help out there?” He enjoyed going outside the pridal lands, but never staying too long. It was fun to help out strangers with any problems they had then return home and focus on his duties there.

“Thank you A'lan.” His cheeks suddenly felt warm. Could he be embarrassed by asking A'lan for help? Drox shrugged off the thought.

He started walking toward the jungle, following the main path. “I've been thinking about having a padawan. It's not really a new development. I've wanted to train a padawan for sometime, I've just never felt ready.” Drox explained. “I have had amazing some amazing teachers in the jedi, from when I was a youngling to when Master Er'enda took me in as a padawan. I want to be able to teach a padawan just as well as they taught me.”  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:30 pm
"I can check to see if there are any diplomatic missions available when we get back if you'd like? It'll be good to head back out to the Rougelands, it has been quite a while since I've been out there." The Peacekeeper grind "Though I don't quite know if the world is ready for the two of us to take it by storm again. Verex is still teasing me about how we seem to attract trouble even when we take all precautions!" His Master teased him about all manner of things, not that anyone would ever believe him with the reputation Verex all but encouraged about him being intimidation and stand-offish. A'lan knew better though.

He was pleased to see they were taking the jungle walk. It had some marvelous scenery and it was secluded enough at any given point that Drox would hopefully feel comfortable enough to talk about what was troubling him. And his hopes were rewarded.

"A Padawan!"A'lan said happily. He'd been wondering if his friend had been considering taking one on or not, and was glad to hear that he had been. "I think you've been ready for a while now Drox, to be quite honest. You have all the skills and the patience for teaching, especially if who you chose is considering Guardianship." He playfully whacked the other lion with his tail. "After all, you've been the best bodyguard I've ever had the pleasure of having at my back." He laughed before pausing to think. "Drox, you are a very good Jedi. If you think yourself ready to take a Padawan, I will support your choice when it comes to the Council." His next smile held all the fondness he felt for his closest friend. "Let us add you to that list of amazing teachers."  

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:05 pm
Drox laughed. “Master Verex speaks the truth, but we will have to test fate. Perhaps this next outing with be the one where nothing goes wrong.”

He considered A'lans words. “That means a lot to me.” He said with a soft smile, returning the whack with his own tail. “The youngling that I am looking at is Tsiana, one of Atino's daughters. She's very strong willed.”

The girl was more than just strong willed. She had a rebellious streak in her. He was told that she would skip lectures in order to play with rogues in the jungle, that she wouldn't hesitate to start fights with her fellow younglings.

Despite all that, he felt like she was the right candidate.

“If you think I am ready, then I must be ready. You know my strengths and weakness better than anyone.” Despite A'lan's confidence in him, Drox still felt nervous and anxious. He knew that he needed to be the best teacher that he could possible be for this youngling.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:43 pm
"Is Tsiana the one I hear the Teachers fondly complaining about from time to time?" A'lan laughed. "If half the things I heard were true then you're sure to be in for quite the ride Drox."

"But, you do know you don't have to go at this completely alone right?" A'lan stopped walking and looked at his friend with a fond seriousness. "All of our Masters had help in teaching us. A single one of us can't hold all knowledge but, when we work as a collective, it helps lighten the load. It is your choice in the end Drox. But know then if you choose to accept Tsiana as your Padawan, you can still ask for help. Be it either me, Er'enda, Verex or the Grand Master themselves. We'll all be there to help support the two of you." A'lan then flashed him a smile "Though I have a feeling you'll do fine."  

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:40 pm
“I sure am, but I enjoy having a challenge.” Drox said.

Knowing there were others that could help him teach took a load off his shoulders. He wasn't perfect, no where near in fact and he had to accept that. With as much support A'lan was giving him, he knew it was the right decision. “Alright, I will take her as my padawan. Once I get to know her a little better, I'll introduce you to her.”

He knew that as his padawan, A'lan would be apart of her life.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:19 pm
"I can't wait to meet her Drox." He was truly happy for his friend. This was a good thing for Drox and he was sure it would also be a good thing for Tsiana as well. A'lan started walking again. "Now, I do believe I promised you the rest of my afternoon. What do you say we go make a day of it?"  

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

[IC] Mizani'Ulimwengu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces