Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]
[JRP] See through your eyes (Ta'Deheb & Taharka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:51 am
User Image

Taharka stayed near the entrance of the pride, though staying in the shadows. The light was blinding, so he avoided looking toward it. His siblings had all gone out of the caves to see what the pride looked like from above. Two of his siblings had left the pride all together. He stayed in the tunnels though. There were somedays, like today, where he wanted to see what it was like outside the pride. There must be a reason why his siblings left, why others enjoyed seeing the surface.

Part of him did not want to go up because he felt a sense of duty to stay in the tunnels. But another, more larger reason was that he was terrified of what could be above ground. He had nightmares about monsters that lived on the surface, who attacked and killed just for fun. Every night he would wake up from the nightmares, feeling sick to his stomach.

He was told that he had nothing to fear, but the young prince still could not bare the thought of going up there. Instead, he waited, watching the entrance, wishing that he was brave enough to explore the surface.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:39 am
User Image
He remembered the caves....From his childhood, Ta'deheb remembered the caves. The young Leopard had left to find his brother, when the other had disappeared well into his adolescence. Now....Now he wanted to go home. Home where the fireflies still danced in his memory, something to hold dear and tight to his heart. The young male had grown, now a being of lean muscle, slight scarring, and a more serious eye....far different from the simple, wide-eyed young male that had left in search of something he could not have. His own twin had been his soulmate in a sense. The other half of himself. He would have been lost alone. When he came to the entrance, however, he noted a scent, a male he was not familiar with standing there. Jemmnu's son paused, nose scenting as he finally worked up the nerve to speak, "Hullo there. Sorry t' intrude but...I used to live here...as a cub. I was wondering if..." What had he been wondering?

If his home would accept him back with open paws? If he would even be welcome, "Is this still the home of the Mazunguko...?"

R4gn0r0k IV

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:13 pm
The prince did not hear the footsteps of the leopard. When he spoke, Taharka looked at him. He looked familiar. One of Thamani's siblings maybe? If he lived here as a cub, then Taharka probably did not get to meet him. He was a bit younger than Thamani was.

“This is Mazunguko.” Taharka responded. He took a couple steps closer to the entrance to get a better look at the leopard. “I am Taharka.” He did not add his title. Despite being the king's son, he did not ever feel like it was a title he deserved, at least not yet.

“You haven't been out in the rogue lands this whole time have you?” He asked. Taharka could not imagine leaving the pride at such a young age and then being able to find his way back. It was truly a miracle that he made it back safely.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:22 pm
Ta'deheb offered a small smile, "Since my late juvenile years, yes...I went looking for my twin brother...but..." Sadness clung to the edges of his voice, loss a deep pang that still tore at his heart. Without the other here, things were still difficult, strange and new. "My name is Ta'deheb, son of Jemmnu and Auri'chana." At the very least, he hoped someone might remember his parents, as he doubted remembered him. Such a long time, but being HOME...god there was something about it.

R4gn0r0k IV

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:54 pm
Since he was a juvenile. He could not imagine that. Taharka wondered what happened to his brother, but decided against asking. He knew Jemmnu, though mostly because of his father. “I am friends with one of your brothers, Thamani. My father and your father used to be best friends when they were younger.”

He knew the pride would be excited for his return. “Why don't we get you some food. Is there anything you need after your travel?” Taharka asked with a worried tone. After traveling he was certain Ta'deheb would be hungry or tired. Or hurt.

“If you need to, I can take you to a medic if you're in anyway injured, or bring a medic here if you don't feel like walking that far.” He could feel himself panicking, so he took a couple deep breathes. Everything would be fine, he thought to himself.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:41 pm
"Thamani..." He repeated his other brother's name with quiet reverence. It had been so long since last he'd seen any of the rest of his family. Taking a soft breath in, he shifted, paws pressing into the earth as he was offered something in return for his travel. Laughing softly at the sense that the other was fretting far too much, the young male pulled himself to his paws, shaking his head, "I am well. A little tired...and it would be nice to eat. I'm not as good at catching prey as I might like otherwise." His tail flicked behind him, paws carrying him towards Taharka, "And what do I call you?" He hadn't gotten the other's name, and a part of him was idly curious. Who on earth was this? Gods knew that Ta'deheb's inherent curiousity had not gone away.

As they began into the caves, there was an audible sigh of relief and contentment. Thank the gods above that he was finally in the caves...How he'd missed them.

R4gn0r0k IV

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:11 pm
“The den where we keep the days food isn't too far.” Taharka said. “We have plenty of food in there.” He would tell someone later that they grabbed some food, that way no one would think it was being stolen.

“Oh, my name is Taharka. It's nice to meet you.” He said politely. “After we get you some food, you can rest up at my den while I try and locate your family.” He would also tell his father. This was something his father would want to know about. With any luck he would be able to have Jemmnu tracked down and brought back so he could see his son.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:54 pm
As Taharka led him about, he studied the caves, the new twists and turns that he'd not yet picked up, the differences. In his smaller years, things had looked so much different...Huh. Well, he would have time to learn. He would also have to find a place for himself amongst the Pride somehow. Catcher wasn't quite the right rank any more...Perhaps a medic? He'd learned so much about the way those sorts of things worked. He'd had to on his wanderings. His paws had cracked and bled so often that they were tougher than they once were, "Thank you, Taharka! I would like that very much." A rest in a den, and then getting to see his father! His heart nearly lept in joy. Gods above, it had been so long...would they even recognize him? He'd grown so much....

R4gn0r0k IV

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:03 pm
Taharka looked at Ta'deheb and smiled. “Anytime. It's my duty to make sure other feel comfortable and at home.” He said, stopping at the food storage. They were in luck! Some hunters were dropping off freshly caught prey. He thanked them before grabbing a large gazelle and bringing it back to Ta'deheb.

Carefully he set it down. “My den is this way if you want to follow me and eat in privacy.” He said before picking up the meat and leading the way though the maze like tunnels. His den was near his father's and the rest of the royal family.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 pm
The scent of the gazelle brought his stomach to grumble slightly. Ah...it had been a while since he'd last had a moment to eat. He may as well rest in Taharka's den until his family could be found. Once they were there, and settled in, he allowed himself to lay down, a small noise of discomfort coming from him as one of his scars stretched in a rather unpleasant manner, "Thank you, Taharka. You have been incredibly kind. I look forwards to seeing my family again."

R4gn0r0k IV
We can call it fin if you like :3

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
[IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash