Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Happy New Year!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy 2015!!!
  Woot!
View Results

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:23 pm
Happy New Year!!!

It's hard to believe that it's 2015!!! Where did the time go? Do you have any New Year's resolutions? Any specific conventions you're looking forward to?

As for me, I haven't quite set up any New Year's resolutions, but I'm looking forward to hopefully attending Fanime and more SacCon's. I'll probably be moving in the next few months, so that means that I'll be exploring new conventions!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:54 pm
I am staffing at a local one here next week, Anime Los Angeles, tickets have been sold out for a while (reached cap of 4000 guest)
I love the scenery at this particular con, pool in the middle of the hotel, looks great at night.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:38 pm
Extreme Cuddler
I am staffing at a local one here next week, Anime Los Angeles, tickets have been sold out for a while (reached cap of 4000 guest)
I love the scenery at this particular con, pool in the middle of the hotel, looks great at night.

That sounds great! Take pictures! I'd love to see it!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:43 am
It definitely doesn't feel like 2015 to me >u<

As for me I'm hoping to lose some weight this year, get better at art and the likes, and attempt to be more social with others! As for conventions I'm looking forward to, the one I really can't wait to go to isn't until December fifth (Snowfest in Rochester, NY) :c
I'm hoping to go as Santa Claus Finland from the anime Hetalia !  

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 am
Happy New Year, everyone! cat_blaugh I hope 2015 is treating you all well, so far!

Hmm, I have a few resolutions this year. I plan on getting back into my healthy lifestyle routine in eating clean, working out more, and overall thinking more positive. For myself, I want to get back into drawing/painting, and going on more adventures. This past year, I really neglected those little things that make me happy. For my career in esthetics and makeup, I plan to really advertise my freelance work. I want to take this year to travel as much as I can, if I can afford it. In 2015, I need to remember to live every moment to the fullest (cheesy, I know, but it's true). Also, something new, is that I want to take up voice acting- it's been a long time dream of mine, and I really hope to pursue it.

This year, not only do I want to attend FanExpo Toronto like I do every year, but Anime North as well!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:26 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to begin another New Year. I don't make resolutions like I use to due to breaking them during the first week of the year. LOL I hope that everyone's New Year is bright and I can't wait to see what this wonderful Guild will do in the coming year.

Ron  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:28 am
All i care about this year, is finally standing out as a cosplayer, getting some sort of fan base going, and fulling achriving my complicated crossover cosplays and successfully cosplay 10 different characters at the upcoming convention here. I plan to attend Naka Kon 2015 (i always yabe for 8 years going now) and The new Sausem-Con thats just starting this year. And per the above comments, sold out to 4000....naka kon's attendence has been around 12000 or more sense it moved its location 3 years ago and it sells out....id go insane if i had to purchae my badge super early for a 4000 convention, though oddly we do have another convention which did their final year last year called Motaku, its unfortunately changing in 2016 to something different but its attendence is usually in the 2000 range (was down at 1180 when i went) and they never have sold out, its weird,.
Now with naka kon having over 12/14 thousand the same weekend every year past 2 years it has been in competiton with Planet Comic-con, and still gets that many people...its insanity.
But yes...many maby cosplay things i ppan to accomplish this year!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm
xinitia
Extreme Cuddler

That sounds great! Take pictures! I'd love to see it!
oh of course, I will try and post as many as possible @3@  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out