Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] New To The Scene (Atawhai x Ilaorun)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:39 pm
User Image

Ilaorun wasn't feeling down, but he wasn't feeling normal either.

One of the ill of whom he was charged with the duty of watching over had rapidly and suddenly worsened within the disease stages. He knew that if he didn't work quickly she'd soon perish to it and the lion had set himself to work quickly in order to save her life.

However, as she had now entered the worsened state of the disease (and admittedly Ilaorun's specificity was comfort, not healing to begin with) another, more experienced healer had taken over his duties. He kicked up a small amount of crumbled, dry and decaying leaves as he walked mauling over the subject deeply. Finally, a sigh escaped his lips as he came to terms with the fact that it was probably best she was in care of another.

It was simply an ugly reminder of a fate he could later have in store for himself. He might have been immune to the disease but that didn't mean he couldn't develop a weakness to it later. Soon, he could be one of those lions desperately gasping for air as their lungs filled with a mucus that refused to leave.

It was... A devastating Realization.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 pm
User Image
Atawhaia was still getting use to his new home. It was an adjustment to see so many sick and dying lions. He didn't always deal with them first hand, he was instead went out and gathered any supplies that Sha might need to do her job as a healer.

There was days that Atawhaia wished he could do more, he was a caring lion, it was in his nature to want to take care of anyone and everyone he could, but many of the lions here were beyond help, there was nothing he could do and that killed him.

Sighing Atawahai began his trek back towards the centre of the pride, he had been out gathering flowers for Sha, when ground up and put into water they were excellent for soothing the cough that ailed so many here.

CaliWolfe

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:02 am
He lifted his brown eyes and his pale mane up to stare when he heard another crunch in the distance. Ilaorun spotted Atawhai easily and for the first time since he'd been here he immediately assumed that the other was a healer like himself. They were after all, not necessarily near the sick dens; but close enough to assume.

"Pardon me." He asked while approaching. "My name is Ilaorun, I'm a healer." He smiled kindly. However he was quick to get back to what he initially wanted to say in the first place. "Those... Those flowers, I've seen them used in medicines before." Maybe once or twice. To be frank Ilaorun might have acted like he had grown up here but that was far the case. In fact he was hardly a healer at all. "I've never seen it's affects though, I was wondering what it does for the ill specifically?" He wanted to take good care of his patients.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 pm
Atawhai smiled when the other male approached him. Since he had joined the pride he hadn't made any friends, for the most part he just hung out with Sha when she wasn't busy with her duties. It was enough for the striped male but that wasn't to say he couldn't use more friends.

He looked at the flowers he had collected when the male asked him about them. To be honest he didn't even know the name of them, just the description Sha had given him, thankfully he did know what they were used for.

"I have been told that it helps to sooth the coughing from the mucus, you have to grind them up though and put them in water and have the ill drink them." Atawhai was impressed about how knowledgable he sounds, he quickly added, "Well thats what I was told by my mate anyways, I'm not really a healer." he admitted in a low voice, he didn't want to mislead the other male who could very well be his new friend.

CaliWolfe

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:45 pm
"Ah." Ilaorun held himself back from breathing out deeply. So he had been wrong with his assumption. That was alright, this male had just said his mate was healer. Ilaorun assumed that in some small meager way he wasn't completely wrong for that reason alone. He had assumed Atawhai was a healer. That didn't make him one, Ilaorun reminded himself that.

He wore a soft smile, glad to have met someone who knew even a little bit about healing even if they weren't a healer themselves. Besides, in the department of friends Ilaorun had been slow to make those himself.

"It must be a comforting thought that your mate is a healer." He offered as a conversation topic. The sunstreak marked lion thrived off of providing comfort and joy to others. He had somehow conceived the thought that all healers were such in their own ways too.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 am
The stipe lion smiled, "It is a great comfort to have her should I ever fall diseased I know that she will be there to care for me. Though it seems more likely that I will be the one that would have to take care of her." From Atawahi's limited knowledge of how the disease spread in the pride Atawahi was relatively safe as he didn't have much direct contact with any of the diseased.

"Were you born in the pride?" Atawahi asked, he couldn't imagine growing up here surrounded by the sickness and death. Yet there were still cubs here and in general most seemed pretty happy, he supposed they knew nothing different and most would choose to say because they were ill and those here in the pride were the most equipped to care for the illness.

CaliWolfe

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:06 am
"Well, at least you have each other." He smiled softly to himself. Even if the situation turned grim, at least they had each other to rely upon. It was a nice, a comforting feeling, or at least Ilaorun imagined it to be such.

When Atawahi asked if he had been born in the pride Ilaorun laughed lightly at the question.

"No! No! I was born elsewhere. I'm actually quite new to this land, much like yourself." He was dedicated in learning as much as he could of the disease, so for that reason alone Ilaroun knew perhaps more of it then the other male before him. He wanted to help, to cure others. Knowledge was the first step in such and he had spent the first few nights here grueling away at learning what he could from the other healers. They had been helpful, and he was able to provide comfort to those in distress at least.

It was better then running around like his head had gotten chopped off. He wasn't in a panicked frenzy at least.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:48 am
"Yes you are right, we do have each other." It was a strange to think so much of his mate, they really hadn't met each other that long ago but the connection was a deep one, it had been almost automatic, love at first sight if you will.

"You are new?" Atawahi was amazed, he couldn't believe how much the male already seemed to know about the prides working and the way the disease worked in the pride. Everything else seemed so overwhelming to Atawahi. The striped male had a caring way, he always wanted to take care of those around him but he was struggling to understand what to do here in a pride where so many needed his help and attention. Instead he focused on what he could do for Sha in her quest to heal the others.

"Well you know if you ever need an apothecary to collect herbs or aid you I am always around. I don't get all of the healing ways yet, nor can I claim to even begin to understand this disease. But I do my best and I am a great collector." Atawahi smiled, he was happy that it would seem he was making a new friend in the pride.

CaliWolfe
Sorry for the delay my computer died on me for awhile there!

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:23 am
"I suppose you could say I'm new. I've only been around for here for about couple months." He was still learning with each day something new about the pride he now called home. It was sometimes stressful, not knowing and being expected to learn all at the same time. The challenge was welcoming however, Ilaorun didn't expect that healing and aiding those with an incurable disease would ever be easy to begin with.

It was good that he had met this lion, not only because he an apothecary but because now he was shaping up to maybe being a friend of Ilaorun's. He hadn't many of those yet.

"The same goes for me, if you ever need a healer. I am far from being the best there is, but I will help if you shall ever need it." He smiled back at the lion before him. "It was nice to meet you." He said with a slight bow. Where he had come from that was just common practice and some habits never did die.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:43 am
Atawahi smiled this had gone better than he had ever imagined it would. "It was a pleasure to meet you." Atawahi offered in a farewell to Ilaaorun, it was a genuine statement Atawhai knew that Ilaarorun was special he could just tell, the same way he could just tell that Sha had been special when they first met.

When the male bowed his head to Atawahi, the striped male returned the sentiment. He took leave from there off to find Sha and tell her all about the male he had met in the pride, a male that was similar to her. He figured he should introduce her they were bound to have a lot to talk about.

CaliWolfe
Wow I suck at getting tags done. Sorry about that I think we can call this one finished now!

nessiaing

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff