Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[LOG/PRP] Adventurous Hunting (Jolteon/Taariq)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:53 pm
Quote:
There wasn’t much time for Jolteon to spend on her own. In all honesty she was even prepared for the long journey without Jirachi, but she kept her eyes peeled. Without Velsi around to bug her the cheetah was finally able to stretch her legs and just run. The feel of the wind slicing down her spine, the crush of hard packed earth on her joints, burning eyes drying because of the force….It was thrilling.

She had run so far, and for so long that she didn’t realize her body had been stopping until her legs nearly gave out. At a slow gallop she trotted around, stretching her muscles before finding a perfect place to plop her rump.

nessiaing
Taariq had escaped his mother and father that morning and went on the loose. The young cheetah was relishing in his freedom. Of course now that he had it he had absolutely no idea what to do with it.

So the purple maned male started walking, exploring trying to find something that would make a great story when he got home to tell all his siblings about.

Quote:
Her heart beat a mile a minute inside of her chest even as she rested. Slowly she took in her surroundings. There was a lot of open territory to cover, and not enough time! It was so rare that she got away from her companions that Jolteon didn’t know what to do with herself.

She didn’t move for a long while, but when she did it was at a slow, easy jog. It wasn’t long until she came up on the youngster. Out on his own? That was strange. “Hello, little one. Are you lost?”

nessiaing
Taariq was startled by the voice having had his head quite deep into a bush at the time. He started to think that perhaps he would do some hunting and wow his parents with his skills. It wasn't hard to stick out in his family, there may have been six cubs but with two sets of twins taariq was unique. Just the way he liked it.

He turned quickly to see the female standing there. He out his best smile on and tried to act as old as possible although he knew in some level his size would give him away, "Nope I'm not lost I am on an adventure." He told the adult proudly... "Do you want to be on an adventure with me?"

Quote:
Tilting her head to the side, Jolteon had no choice but to curl her lip in a smile. She had seen enough of her cubs antics not to be surprised when a little one had their head in a bush. “Oh, are you? Forgive me, I should have known.” He’s too cute for words.

The golden cheetah twitched her tail behind her, wrapping it lightly around her slender leg before flicking it. “If you want. I can be your body guard; all great adventurers have them. It leaves you free to discover all of the big things, and you leave all the bad guys to me.” She winked. “What kind of adventure are you on?”

nessiaing
Taariq thought about the golden females offer for a little while before he spoke. "Are you strong enough to be my body guard." In truth he had already decided it wouldn't hurt to keep her around you never know what trouble he might find.

"I think I am going to hunt... A hunting adventure." He decided, in his head it had sounded great out loud it sounded kinda silly.

Quote:
Jolteon snorted. “Don’t I look strong enough? What I lack in big lion muscle, I make up with speed. No one can catch me to hurt me, or you. I can strike fast.” She wasn’t sure why she was laying it all out infront of him like that; he was too young to really grasp the necessities of a fighting strategy. Shaking her head, she just smiled at the little cub. “In short; we’ll be okay.”

After a moment’s pause she nodded her head. “A good choice. What are we hunting? Is it large prey, like an antelope, or perhaps something smaller, like a hare?”

(Current WC: 694)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:42 pm
Taariq smiled deciding that the older cheetah must be correct, she would be fast. Taariq couldn't wait till the day that he would be fast like her.

"You are right," he announced loudly, "You're speed is good enough, but if something goes wrong I have to ride on your back for the get away... I'm not as fast." he said the last part kind of quietly a little sad that he wasn't that fast yet.

"Hmmm I think a hare would be good, I want enough to brag about but dragging and antelope home would be hard." he decided this quickly, now that they had a plan the young cub was ready to go, no more waiting, Taariq was young and patience wasn't his virtue.

"Ok so a hare, hares live in the bushes right? We can look there.... how about you go in and make noise and I will catch whatever comes out." Taariq had never tried to catch or kill anyone and honestly he was afraid of embarrassing himself but it was too late now he had to try.

Painted Moose

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:59 am
nessiaing
We can wrap this up soon?

"That's alright. You can repay the favor some day when I'm too old to run and your stronger." She gave the boy a lop sided grin. "Just be ready to catch this thing when it runs out. No jumping around, alright?"

Jolteon moved closed to the bushes, making sure to keep her body as low to the ground as possible. For the longest time she remained absolutely still. Paw after paw she moved into the bush until her whole body was covered, and then she let it have it. She rustled the whole damn bush, and a few bushes close by for good measure! Even if the hares were denning in the ground they would have had no choice but to flee.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 am
Taariq sat peaked and ready to go. He stayed low to the ground and watched and waited for the moment when hares would hopefully come running out of the bushes towards him. As he waited he saw the bushes began to move. He stayed as still as he could waiting to see when rabbits would come out his way.

As if all at once three hares came out of the bushes in his direction. He held his position and watched trying to decide which one he would go for as he watched he noticed one was slower and he pounced. Using all the strength he had in his small body he sprang. Reaching the hare he snatched it up grabbing the fur around its neck he gave it a great shake... and then three more to ensure hat he had done his job right. He held still waiting to see if the hare would move at all.

He dropped it to the ground, "I did it I got one." he said with a smile waiting for the adult cheetah to come back out of the bushes he was suddenly waiting, he hoped that she would be impressed by his efforts. He couldn't wait to get home and show his family how amazing he had done.

Painted Moose

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:22 am
nessiaing

Jolteon popped her head out of the brush, eagerly watching to see if the cub would be able to take down his prey. She was more than a little proud when he managed to do it, even if he was a little over enthusiastic. The older cheetah smile, leaning over a little to give her body a small rest before trotting back to out him.

"You did! That was amazing! You're going to be an excellent hunter, I can see it now." He certainly had the move down, and now all he had to do was work on finding the prey himself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:16 pm
Taariq was grinning for ear to ear. The young male was so pleased with himself it couldn't even put it into words. "I have to take it home, I have to take show everyone. Thank you thank you for your help." he rattled off all his thoughts in one long breath.

"I hope I see you again soon." he told her as he picked up his fresh kill and began to trot off towards the area his family called home. They would never believe it but Taariq felt like today he had taken a big step to being a grown up. He couldn't wait to see the smile his parents would have when he brought home dinner.

Painted Moose

nessiaing

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces