Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 am
User Image

With a weary sigh, Sarangerel padded a small circle around the flat, compact earth that had become a favourite resting spot of hers and reclined gratefully. The day had been spent chasing after troublesome sons. Sometimes she wasn't sure whether to be annoyed or grateful that they had turned out nothing like their father. Was this a disease of adolescence that they would grow out of? She had never been able to understand the male mind and its strange workings. She doubted any sane female ever would. Still, it was at least nice to see her daughter flourishing into a promising young lady. Perhaps Saran could do what Sarangerel could not. Perhaps she could rise up and shrug off any males who sought to push her back down.

Her chin dropped to her paws, green eyes flitting closed, a long breath exhaled through her nostrils. Sometime soon, male interest would turn upon her. She was faivkol, after all, and though she was glad of it, it also came at a price. She would never be 'unwed' for long and she could not say which male would be best suited...

Well, that was a lie of sorts. There was perhaps one whom had taken her interest but...well, it had been complicated. But perhaps it needn't be any longer. It was worth considering, she supposed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:11 am
User Image

As Zizima padded aimlessly through the Nergui Lands, there was a part of him that couldn't believe that he was still there. Much had happened since he had joined, and many things had changed. At first he had joined simply to help a Pride which he believed had been wronged, although he now had a lot of doubts about whether or not that was the case. Those doubts came over time though, so the reason for staying early on was much more simple. He stayed in order to help a single lioness amongst them, Sarangerel. He wished to free her from her brutish so-called mate, who at the time was the Warlord of the Pride. He had ambitions to overthrow Muunokhoi and take his place as Warlord, thus freeing Sarangerel. Things didn't quite go according to plan however.

For a moment, a look of sadness touched his face as he recalled the attack on the pregnant Firekin female. He had tried to stop Ovu and his accomplice, but he was too late. She was gravely wounded. Although he didn't know for sure if she had passed away, he was completely certain that she couldn't have survived such a horrendous attack. When he returned to the Nergui after that, many didn't trust him. Ovu spread the news of his seeming betrayal like wildfire. It hadn't been the end of Zizima though, as his defence was simply that a true Warrior would not murder a pregnant female, regardless of whether or not she was the enemy. Somehow that was enough to allow him to stay.

Since then, he had no choice but to keep a low profile. He was forced to put up with Muunokhoi's disgusting attitude towards Sarangerel and everyone else, but he had no choice. As time went on, it turned out that the Nergui wanted nothing more than to wipe the Firekin out. Which, once upon a time, wouldn't have bothered Zizima in the slightest. Now though, there was a problem. Kidondo, one of the few friends he had left, was the Leader of the Firekin. At least, as far as he was aware. As long as there was a possibility of the Nergui declaring war on the Firekin, he owed it to his friend to stay and keep an eye on things.

He owed the Firekin something else as well. They had slayed Muunokhoi. A slight smirk graced his face as he considered this. The biggest problem he had with the Nergui had been taken out, freeing Sarangerel in the process. Well, to an extent. The Warlord had a legacy in the form of a litter of cubs born to Sarangerel. They had kept her busy since they were born, and out of respect, he had chosen to keep his distance. Not so far that other male's wouldn't know he was there however. He was well aware of the possibility that another male would wish to claim her, but he wouldn't have it. Now that her cubs had almost reached adulthood, he felt that now was the time that others would wish to make their move.

He let out a small but heavy sigh as he reflected on all that had happened. Zizima had never been one to share his thoughts or emotions, and so it was simply something he had to live with. Still, that shouldn't have meant that he had to live with it alone, did it?

He blinked as his black eyes fell on the lioness that many of his thoughts revolved around. Sarangerel. She was alone, which was fairly unusual to him at this point, but not unwelcome. He walked the rest of the way to her and bowed his head respectfully upon reaching her. "Greetings Sarangerel."

(( Lol, I need that translation/language changer thingy, if it's still something we need to use! ))  

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm
At the sound of his smooth tone, her eyes opened and her head lifted, a sound of greeting burbling up from her throat. "Bruud and srurae, Zizima." She spoke in typical Nergui greeting. Blood and Glory. At once she was shifting back onto her paws, moving to one side so as to make room for him. He was a large and fearsome looking male, his form decorated with scars. She met his dark eyes only briefly, before turning her head and glancing off in the direction he had come.

And, continuing in the Nergui tongue. "What brings you here?" Many answers streamed through her head, some good and some not so good. Still, she was pleased to see him and thankful that she was alone. With growing cubs around, it could be frustrating to have private time with one's friends.

"The kikar are out training."

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Zizima moved to sit down beside her, although he was careful to position himself so that he could still look at her. Being as big as he was, this meant that he had to sit a little away from her, lest she just be staring into his mane when he spoke.

When asked what had brought him here today, he had to take a moment to consider what the answer was. Although he had always been keeping an eye on her from afar ever since Muunokhoi's death, this was pretty much the first time since then that he had sat down to have a conversation with her. What was so special about today that he had felt the need to seek her out? He really wasn't certain, and all the various thoughts and scenarios running through his head didn't help.

It soon occurred that he had yet to answer her. He cleared his throat somewhat awkwardly, before shrugging his broad shoulders lightly. "No reason. I just wanted to see how you were doing." Although the answer he gave was truthful in that he did genuinely want to know how she was doing, he doubted himself that there was indeed no reason for him being here.

At the mention of her cubs, he nodded steadily. Children of the Nergui were trained from a young age, so the idea of any time spent away from their mother being spent training did not surprise him. "You must be glad of the break." Zizima had never had cubs, but they had always seemed like too much hard work to him. If Sarangerel's cubs were anything like their father, she would need as many breaks as she can get. Just as well that they had almost reached adulthood.

Kimaria
I'll edit my post once I know how to type like a proper Nergui again. XD

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:35 pm
A hard-faced female who liked to appear in charge of everything, she felt transformed in Zizima's presence - turned from stern, tempered lady to jittery adolescent. He was close and yet just tantalisingly out of reach and the air around him seemed electric. She smiled at him, glad of his response; though it had been a little slow in coming.

"Better, now that you are here," was her response. "It has been too long, it seems."

She watched the motes of dust twist in the air for a moment, pondering on what to say. So many worries burdened her heart these days but it never felt proper to share them with anyone. "My daughter, Saran, does well. I could not be more proud." Sarangerel continued without prompt. "Some of the sons do well, too. Others..." She thought of Nokhoi and frowned. "I thought they would be better off without their father but...now I am not too sure." She turned to look him. "His death freed me but, perhaps it damaged the future of his sons."

She shook her head, "And soon I will be considered dokvoor and the males will cast their eye upon me." Again, she shook her head. "I am sorry, Zizima. I should not bother you with these things."

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:28 pm
The usually stern-looking male allowed himself a small smile when the equally stern-looking female revealed that she felt better for seeing him. "Indeed." He nodded in agreement. He certainly didn't plan on keeping his distance for this long again going forward, but he was hopeful that it had been for the best under the circumstances.

It didn't surprise him that Sarangerel's namesake was the one who was doing well, just as it didn't surprise him that some of her sons were not. Clearly the daughter took after the mother and the sons took after the father. "His death was for the best." Zizima said coldly, not even caring enough to speak the dead Warlord's name. Maybe keeping away hadn't been the best course of action. Not that he thought that he would've been much help in raising them. "I grew up without a father and I turned out just fine." A hint of sarcasm couldn't help but touch his voice. His mother only raised him until he was a juvenile before she attacked him and drove him out, so really, he spent most of his life alone. "With a mother like you to guide them, I doubt they will stray too far."

When Sarangerel revealed some of what was on her mind, Zizima lowered his head for a moment. He knew exactly what the word dokvoor meant. It was the word used to refer to a female who could be 'won'. He hadn't even raised his head when he decided upon his answer. "I won't allow it Sarangerel." He lifted his head to look at her, his black eyes locked on to hers. "You have been 'owned' before, and I will not allow anyone to do that again." Both his tone of voice and the expression on his face were deadly serious.

Kimaria

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:04 pm
She allowed herself to be comforted by her words, nodding softly as she thought of her children. They were a mixed bunch of offspring, to be sure, but there was glimpses of hope amongst them. Had it been foolish of her to expect them all to find the glory she felt they deserved? Or would they yet flourish and cast away her fears and doubts?

"And soon they will be grown and away from their mother's reach," her smile was somewhat sad. She was not the most maternal female you would meet, but she would have been lying if she said she hadn't enjoyed motherhood. Still, maybe she'd be a mother again, someday, with a much more capable male at her side.

The seriousness in Zizima's final declaration had her heart thrumming with joy. "You truly mean it?" she asked, hardly daring to believe what he was saying. Had she, perhaps, fallen asleep and conjured this all from her imagination? "I--I wouldn't like to be an inconvenience..."

~Masamune~
Sarangerel is the biggest Zizima fangirl! =P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:45 am
Zizima could tell that it bothered her that her cubs would soon be grown and starting their own separate lives from hers. Cubs raised in the Nergui never left as far as he was aware, so at least she would still see them around the Pride. He could look out for them as well, should she ask it of him.

The large grey male nodded firmly. "Of course I mean it." When Muunokhoi was still alive, it had always been Zizima's intention to free the tan female from him. Although he had never really planned on taking her for himself. That may be the only option though, as a desirable female like her would not be allowed to remain free.

When Sarangerel expressed her worry about being an inconvenience, he allowed himself a small chuckle. He then moved from his sitting position in order to lay at her side, moving closer to her as he did so. Not that he didn't like being close to her, it just occurred to him that any of the ravens belonging to other Nergui could be watching and listening. "If you became my daeko, no one else would be able to claim you." He smirked. "Unless they were foolish enough to challenge me, in which case I would make them regret the day they ever set eyes on you."

Kimaria
XD; Who was I kidding about seeing how things go? They're clearly made for each other. XP Stupid stubborn Zizima.

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:38 am
She felt him draw closer, felt the fur along her neck rise with the anticipation of his nearness, and turned her head to glance at him. He was such a strong, brave lion. A true warrior and one that had captured her attention from the very first moment she had set eyes on him. He may not have held a high spot in ranks (yet, anyway) but she knew that his imposing figure struck a chord of respect amongst the other males in the pride. This was a lion who had lived and survived. It could be read on the marks he wore and witnessed in the look of his dark eyes. Let a warlord think to take him on. She did not think they would be able to beat him.

Sarangerel shifted her weight slightly, moving her tail so that it dropped - seemingly by accident - across his.

Finding contentment in the Nergui could be a hard thing at times. Life could be a struggle and they had been bred to always keep reaching; to never be happy with staying still. But, for the first time in a while, Sarangerel felt that she had reached a height that she could be content with.

"I would gladly become your daeko," she replied, lowering her eyes for a brief moment. "I have wanted none other since I set eye upon you." And there was the truth of it. Out in the open. She felt, quite suddenly, unchained. "There are no lions here who could best you."

~Masamune~
LOL they do seem to work perfectly with one another x3 d'aw, Zizima!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm
Zizima was quite taken aback at her revelation that she had wanted to be his mate from the moment she saw him. To say that he had been oblivious to such feelings from her would've been an understatement. She had always been supportive of him of course, and very complimentary. If she had always wanted to be his mate, did that mean that she loved him? Maybe not, as with the Nergui, marriage wasn't always for love.

And what of his own feelings? He cared deeply for Sarangerel, and wanted nothing more than to protect her. Did he love her though? He wasn't so sure. He had only experienced love once before in his life, and it had caused him such pain in the end. What if his heart simple refused to let it happen again? That was simply something he would have to deal with. Regardless of whether or not he was in love with her, he knew at the very least that he really didn't want to be anywhere else but by her side. That would have to be enough, for now.

"Who will we have to speak to to make it official?" Despite the time he had spent with the Nergui, certain customs were still quite unknown to him. If they were to be mates, he assumed someone would have to be informed.

Kimaria

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:54 pm
Did she love him? She probably did, though 'love' was a concept unfamiliar to the Nergui - not something taught to children to be aware of as they grew. Still, the signs pointed towards that certain term no matter how much - or how little - she was aware of it. He was everything she had ever wanted in a mate. Brave, honourable and strong and with him she did feel safe and able to freely speak her mind without fear of punishment.

"When my children are deemed independent of their mother," she replied, knowing that this time would be very soon now that they had truly begun their training. "Stay close to me, make it clear that you will not accept any other male approach and they will know. Nergui need nothing more than that to make it official. Make your claim and fight any who deem themselves worthy of challenging and the marriage is made."

She smiled at him, "though I know of no males here who would think to try and beat you."

~Masamune~
sorry for the delay, hon!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm
He simply had to stay close to her to make it official? Whilst that seemed easy enough, he was smart enough to know that others would indeed be interested in Sarangerel. He smiled back at her as she spoke of her confidence in him. Despite the low profile he had been forced to keep, the nickname of 'Grey Warrior' still followed him about the Pride. Perhaps that would be enough to dissuade any would-be suitors. He would just have to wait and see.

"I look forward to spending more time with you." His tone of voice was genuine, yet the statement still sounded strange coming from him. Zizima had always kept mostly to himself within the Nergui, even before the incident with the pregnant Firekin. Of course he had his loyal little friend Joka, but that wasn't really the same. "I promise that I'll do my best to be the mate that you deserve."

Kimaria
Don't worry about it! smile

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:46 am
And his words echoed in her head as if it were some part of her imagination and she leaned into him, closer still, as if fearing him some apparition. Life was hard, she knew, but sometimes from all the darkness came something bright and perfect. She had waited a long time for this and if any thought to come between her and her happiness, she would make sure they lived to regret it.

"You already are," she murmured softly, not expecting nor wanting a reply.

She hoped that wherever Muunokhoi was now, kept alive through songs, he could see her now. He may have died in glory but she lived on with it. And glorious, she was sure, her future would be.

~Masamune~
a wrap? :3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:29 pm
Zizima allowed himself the smallest sigh of contentment as Sarangerel leaned into him. He knew their future together wouldn't be easy, but at the same time, he knew that her future with him would be a lot better than it would've been with her dead former mate. He had a purpose again, one that truly meant something.

Saying nothing, he gave her a brief nuzzle, before getting to his feet and walking away. They just had to wait a little longer for her offspring to grow into adulthood, and they would be free to be mates. Sarangerel would truly be free.

(( Done! ))  

~Masamune~

[IC] Nergui Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces