Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Healer's concern (Eirinn x Ceto)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:27 am
User Image
Eirinn smiled as she glanced over at the male laying stretched out upon the sandy shore of the small spring. He had eaten well, and they had talked. But it had been so obvious how tired he was, she had soon suggested he rest. That had been quite a while ago and the handsome male now lay passed out upon the sand, his deep, even breathing a strange contrast to what she was used to hearing in the healer den. In fact, he was so healthy, despite his poor condition form lack of food, that she found him utterly fascinating. There were so few healthy lions in the Kitwana, even those in remission had a cough or some other sign of the disease. Only the truly immune lions kept their health and even then, the land they lived in was harsh and unwelcoming, not the lush rolling grasslands she had heard about from her Grandfather.

Yawning hugely though managing to make no sound, she shifted, stretching out a leg to ease the stiffness in it. Unused to simply laying still for any length of time, she was enjoying watching over her visitor. It certainly helped that he was particularly handsome to look at.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 pm
User Image

Ceto took a deep breath in as he began to slowly wake up. It was nice to have a moment to relax in peace, not worrying about being attacked. He opened his eyes just a sliver, enough to gaze at Eirinn without being noticed. Out in the rogue lands, he knew he would never find someone like her. She had cared for him and asked for nothing in return. Anyone else would have left him to die.

He opened both of his eyes fully and gave her a smile. “Sorry for my lack of conversations. I appreciate you guarding me as I rest.” He said tiredly. Slowly he got up and stretched.

“Would you be interested in taking a walk with me?” He asked, not wanting their little 'date' to end. Eventually he would have to move on and she would have to go back to her pride. But for now he wanted to enjoy their time together. “I would love a chance to tour the area with you.”

Tanakako

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 am
"Ah, you are awake." She greeted him as he finally stirred, smiling warmly as he sat up, yawning. Shaking her head with an amused light in her eyes, she regarded him fondly. "Not at all. It was a pleasure to relax for a while, and I certainly didn't expect you to entertain me while you rested. Trust me, its nice just to get away from work for a while." Her voice took on a slightly melencoly tone, but it vanished as swift as it had appeared as she added. "It would be a pleasure, and we can hunt again if you are still hungry?" Standing she gave a delicate shake, her blue coat shimmering in the dappled light that fell through the canopy of leaves above, highlighting the star-speckled effect of her markings.

Once he had risen and both of them had drank from the sweet waters of the small pool, she led him back out of the tiny secluded oasis. The contrast between the verdant shadd of the spring and the dry and dusty landscape beyond was almost shocking unless one was used to it. But Eirinn didn't pause and set off along the boarder path, headed towards a scrubby area. The deadened grass spotted with thorny brush and the few jagged uprights of Baobab trees.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:34 pm
Ceto gave her a small, gentle smile. “What kind of work do you do for your pride?” he asked curiously. With a pride of diseased lions, he was sure that she helped support the sicker lions. He imagined that it would be tough both physically and mentally caring for those who couldn’t care for themselves. Watching friends and family slowly grow sicker, while doing everything you can to help.

“I’m afraid I shouldn’t eat any more for a little bit. I do not want to eat too much and get sick.” He said with a laugh. For the time being he would be fine. Later though, he was sure he would take her up on her offer. After the tour, he was certain he would be very hungry again.

“Your pride is so unique, much different than any of the other prides I’ve been to.” He said. “Though I guess, I truly haven’t witnessed your pride, so my opinion isn’t the most accurate. I was wondering how often outsiders decided to join your pride?”

Tanakako
I am so sorry for the late tag! I didn't realize that I hadn't tagged it yet!

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:29 am
As they walked she tipped her head. “I am a healer. I care for our ill and try and make their lives as comfortable as possible. Since so few of us recover from the illness, the healer dens are always busy. My adoptive grandmother is the head healer, but there are very many of us working under her.” Smiling softly she led him onwards, their path well trodden by the guards of the Kitwana that lay to the west of them.

Chuckling she grinned playfully at him “Well, we can’t have you getting ill from eating too much. I honestly would not know what to do for you.” Such a thing was unheard of in her pride, where food usually had to be persuaded on those generally too sick to feel hunger. For the first time she realised just how different her skills were to what normal healers elsewhere must know. Not that it worried her, she herself would never leave her homeland.

Nodding at his words she sighed softly, flank lightly brushing the male’s side as they padded along together. “We keep to ourselves. It would be a disaster if the sickness escaped our boarders. But we are so isolated we have no real idea what other prides are like. We must seem quite strange to you.. “ Lifting her head she gave him a soft smile. “You would be surprised at who decides to live with us. Many rogues come, seeking refuge from their own troubles. Some we save from dying out here beyond our boarder, at least with us they have a chance to recover. Some are refugees from their own home. One lioness came to us near starving, she is blind and it is a miracle she made it this far. She lives with us now, happy and healthy.”

R4gn0r0k IV
No worries! I was afk for a while myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:31 pm
“A healer, of course.” He should have known. “You must be highly valuable to your pride. Any brute could be a hunter or a guard, but it takes some amazing talent to be a healer. Though, hunter and guards are incredibly useful as well. I for sure could never fill either of those roles.” He said with a quiet, hoarse chuckle. Perhaps someday he would find something he was good at and maybe then he would be useful.

“If I did get ill, I would put my faith in you. I imagine that all I would really need would be a quiet rest if I did overeat.” Ceto gave her a gentle nudge.

“That’s incredible! I cannot imagine how terrified she must have been. Lost, blinded and starving.” He said with a warm smile. “Kindness must be strong amongst your pride. Before I ran into you, no one would help a strange lion like me. It was a blessing that you found me. I am sure that the other travelers who have stumbled across your pride feel the same way. “

As they walked, he felt more comfortable about the situation he was in. He was no where near at his peak of health, but he felt much better than he had earlier. Part of it was getting food, but he felt that it was the company that he had missed. He liked the smiles she would give him and how she would brush into him. “Do you have a lot of family in the pride? Any siblings or cubs of your own?” he asked.

Tanakako

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas