Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:23 am
Diggy Diggy Hole

A Dvergr Cub Contest

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole
Diggy diggy hole

About the Dvergr

Welcome to the first-ever Dvergr cub contest in... Ever. You have a chance to win a son from under the Mountain here, so let's get started.

PLEASE read all pride information and be prepared to RP. We're working on a pride rebanding and I'll be really cross if things aren't paid attention to.

This Ends February 18th at 11:59pm EST

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:42 am
The Pale Son

Born underground
Grown inside a rocky womb
The earth is a cradle
This mountain shall become our tomb

User Image

This little boy is the SoA you're trying for! The paler of the two sons in the litter, his story and name are entirely up to you as long as it fits in the pride. Make sure you read everything and be prepared for work

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:13 am
The Family

Down and down into the deep
Who knows wat we'll find beneath?
Diamonds rubies gold and more
Hidden in our mountain store

User Image Shuu Mei
The boys' mother. While not one to really be suffering, she was the result of a fling herself. Shuu Mei is rogueborne and joined when Dvergrheim stood, but her sons will be raised well. Shuu Mei is a bit silly and playful at ties, when it comes to business, though, she is ery serious. Her mother still roams the roguelands, and she will usually do her best to raise her sons to be good, solid dwarves.

User Image Geir
The pale son's brother. A hale, hearty stone coloured boy, he's very much set to be a proper warrior in-pride, so he likes a good bit of roughhousing like any good dwarf. He's very proud to be a first generation dwarf in the family and would like to make allies as he grows, though he is quite a capable warrior.

User Image Dorin
A good friend of Shuu Mei and their shared friend Clan Matriarch Man'Tah, Dorin will be the closest to a father figure the boys have. Unike their mother and themselves, he is in clan Sigourney with Man'Tah, however he isusually hanging around since the dwarf clans really don't spende much time apart. Dorin, like most, is a fighter, but more than that, he'll be there to cuddle and spend time with the cubs as a sort-of toy. Regardless, this is who will be acting as father - while he will not be taught to the cubs that he's their daddy, it's still possible they might make the mistake. He won't argue (And Shuu Mei and Man'Tah will laugh at him).

User Image Man'Tah
A rogueborn whom proved her worth and broke the male-only rules to become the frst clan leader trying to save dwarves when Dvergrheim fell, Man'Tah and Shuu Mei are dear friends. Man'Tah will be around often with her own gaggle of teens, and it is possible flirting might happen, especially as Man'Tah is shadowed by her daughter Idunn. Man'Tah will usually play with the cubs or mind them when Shuu is busy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:50 am
Rules and Entering

Brothers of the mine rejoice
Swing swing swing with me
Raise your pick and raise your voice
Sing, sing, sing with me!

Please go over these rules before entering. Not following means my ignoring your entry, or less of a chance. No, really. I bite.

1. This boy should ideally remain with the Dvergr - be it they manage rebanding or otherwise, UNLESS he is taken into an allied pride - the Aegnor'hini or the Coileání Draíochta - nothing else. I will need to know which pride in advance as well, so I can let appropriate parties know.

2. Read the pride information. Then read it again. Maybe three times if you're bored. Got it all? good. It doesn't matter where he is, I have knowledge of them all, and I will CHECK.

3. Naming will need to be Swedish, Nordic, Danish, Finnish, or similar, although names from fictional dwarves (Tolkien, Dungeons and Dragons, ETC) are welcome and variants of Faroese or Icelandic are fine. They should be no more than 3 syllables maximum and be one-word names to accommodate naming rites in the Dvergr, final home or not. Examples would be Geir, Orin, Thorin, Idunn, Heimdall, ETC. Simple is good.

4. While deviating from mellow or playful is fine, evil will not be. No evil, cruel, or generally 'villainous' cubs. To note, think of them in a mythological sense. Tricksters are fine but malicious is no. Granted stubborn, grouchy, greedy little buggers or drunks are also fine. Again - no 'villians'.

5. This can pan out one of two ways. The goal is to WOW me responding to the prompt and form (I know, lots of info here, but I want to know he's got a good home)., or, I don't fancy any single entry and I pick up both entries I like and newbie entrants and roll between them. There WILL be a winner, so if you really, really want him, impress me.

6. Anyone can enter - I ask for number of SoA in case I must roll. Newbies to the pride get 1 extra ticket, SoA newbies (6 SoA or less) get an additional ticket! A newbie thus can get up to 3 tickets. This is ONLY if I roll and I want to make sure people know this is possible.

7. Be a good sport. Ferrets don't like being roughed up and we bite. And i come with a bunny army. Rrr.

8. Do not be afraid to try. Give me all your thoughts. Polish is great in big plots, and in small ones? I'd like to see them at all. Personality, thought, ideas, all of it. I wow in surprising ways.

YOUR FORM
[align=center][color=brown]
[u][b][size=24]I am a dwarf! Gimmie gold or Jaffas![/size][/b][/u]
[/color][/align]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Origin and Meaning:[/b]
[b]How many SoA do you own?:[/b]
[b]How many Dvergr?:[/b]
[b]Pride: (Dvergr, C'D, or Aegnor?)[/b]
[b]Adult Rank:[/b] (Note: He will never be a patriarch nor any leader rank; in the Aegnor, he'd be a Sador only)
[b]Reasoning for your pride choice:[/b] Give us an idea of why he'd shuffle for this pride! What age, if he goes to either! NO cubnapping plots.
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Tell me about a normal day:[/b]
[b]Plot ideas? Thoughts about what you want to do with him?:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b]

[i]Your father was a rogue, and everyone in-pride knows it. However, your mother's friend Dorin always stepped up to the role to help you and your brother. How do you feel being told your father left? Do you think Dorin is your father and your biological father is not? How does this impact your relationship with Geir, whom doesn't seem to mind at all, or the others around you? Are you planning to grow up to join an allied pride or remain in the Dvergr? Tell me how your cub feels about being a boy growing up knowing his mom is a single mother! You may include NPC cubs or Shuu Mei, Dorin, or Man'Tah.[/i]

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:53 am
MY POST. Go enter kids. Go on. Feel free.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:14 pm

I am a dwarf! Gimmie gold or Jaffas!

Username: BastetAmun
Name: Alun
Origin and Meaning: Welsh Origin of the English Alan meaning Little Rock
How many SoA do you own?: Two
How many Dvergr?: None
Pride: (Dvergr, C'D, or Aegnor?) Dvergr
Adult Rank: Warrior
Reasoning for your pride choice: Alun will stay with the pride he is born into. Proud of his home and the culture that he has grown into.
Personality: Alun as a cub is carefree and playful. He enjoys roughhousing with his brother and Dorin, knowing it is helping him to get to the rank he wishes. Troubles don’t bother him and he enjoys the time he has with his family.

As an adult, Alun grows to be a bit serious, though he still has his fun loving nature when he isn’t fighting. He has grown a bit fond of n** and cannot seem to tell when to cut himself off. This does not seem to affect his fighting, yet at least, and is just a small annoyance for his family and friends at the moment(maybe).

Alun loves to fight and show off his strength, ready for any type of brawl, though he does not anger quickly, as long as he isn’t drunk that is.
Tell me about a normal day: Alun spends much of the day, playing with his brother and trying to study and learn more of the world. He does like to explore the world around him and learn more about the culture of his pride.
Plot ideas? Thoughts about what you want to do with him?:
-Drunken Fool: At some point, when he is older, I’d LOVE to have Alun get so drunk that he does something REALLY stupid.
-Warrior’s Pride: Perhaps he loses a fight that he views unfair, which causes drama.
-Honey, I’m Home!: This relates to the drunken fool as well but, for him to get a mate, who might be a Wife, would make for some interesting plots in and of themselves.

Prompt:

Alun sat stock still, his eyes watching everyone around him, his tail flicked back and forth as his eyes moved to look at his brother, currently tumbling on the ground around Dorin’s legs. Alun could not help but smile, glad that he and his brother had been lucky enough to have a male lion to look up to. He knew Dorin was not his true father but he did not care, the male was the closest he would ever have to a father figure. Alun looked up to Dorin and admired everything the male did.

Eyes moving to the rest who were around him to land upon his mother. He wondered sometimes if it was hard for her to raise to rowdy male cubs all on her own. Seeing how she dealt with things, how strong she was, made him proud to be her son. He vowed to himself that if he ever had cubs of his own, he would make sure he stayed and took care of them just as well as his mother took care of him and Geir.

Pushing himself up suddenly, Alun darted over to where Geir and Dorin were roughhousing, jumping up onto the larger lions back and nipping his ear.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 pm
BastetAmun

I am a dwarf! Gimmie gold or Jaffas!

Username: BastetAmun
Name: Alun
Origin and Meaning: Welsh Origin of the English Alan meaning Little Rock
How many SoA do you own?: Two
How many Dvergr?: None
Pride: (Dvergr, C'D, or Aegnor?) Dvergr
Adult Rank: Warrior
Reasoning for your pride choice: Alun will stay with the pride he is born into. Proud of his home and the culture that he has grown into.
Personality: Alun as a cub is carefree and playful. He enjoys roughhousing with his brother and Dorin, knowing it is helping him to get to the rank he wishes. Troubles don’t bother him and he enjoys the time he has with his family.

As an adult, Alun grows to be a bit serious, though he still has his fun loving nature when he isn’t fighting. He has grown a bit fond of n** and cannot seem to tell when to cut himself off. This does not seem to affect his fighting, yet at least, and is just a small annoyance for his family and friends at the moment(maybe).

Alun loves to fight and show off his strength, ready for any type of brawl, though he does not anger quickly, as long as he isn’t drunk that is.
Tell me about a normal day: Alun spends much of the day, playing with his brother and trying to study and learn more of the world. He does like to explore the world around him and learn more about the culture of his pride.
Plot ideas? Thoughts about what you want to do with him?:
-Drunken Fool: At some point, when he is older, I’d LOVE to have Alun get so drunk that he does something REALLY stupid.
-Warrior’s Pride: Perhaps he loses a fight that he views unfair, which causes drama.
-Honey, I’m Home!: This relates to the drunken fool as well but, for him to get a mate, who might be a Wife, would make for some interesting plots in and of themselves.

Prompt:

Alun sat stock still, his eyes watching everyone around him, his tail flicked back and forth as his eyes moved to look at his brother, currently tumbling on the ground around Dorin’s legs. Alun could not help but smile, glad that he and his brother had been lucky enough to have a male lion to look up to. He knew Dorin was not his true father but he did not care, the male was the closest he would ever have to a father figure. Alun looked up to Dorin and admired everything the male did.

Eyes moving to the rest who were around him to land upon his mother. He wondered sometimes if it was hard for her to raise to rowdy male cubs all on her own. Seeing how she dealt with things, how strong she was, made him proud to be her son. He vowed to himself that if he ever had cubs of his own, he would make sure he stayed and took care of them just as well as his mother took care of him and Geir.

Pushing himself up suddenly, Alun darted over to where Geir and Dorin were roughhousing, jumping up onto the larger lions back and nipping his ear.

SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG! RL got crazy and I'm sort of in a blargh mood still. Tis the season. Bastet has t! Pale boy is yours! I'll post for certing... soon as my brain lets me or Das can nudge motivation at me...

Again, I do apologize profusely, RL has been DEPRESSING.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 pm
It's fine don't worry. ^^ I can't wait to rp as him.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items