Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The trek towards the Pridelands was long, but it hadn't been terribly tough. Hraban considered this a blessing. It gave him time to prepare to see the Pridelands, a place he had only heard stories of. Some of those stories may have been from his mother, and they may not have been kind, but Hraban was beyond old enough to decide his own opinions about places. He was looking forward to seeing the homeland of his Captain, as well as his Emperor.

The quiet gave him time to think. And those thoughts nagged him, his curiosity getting to the better of him. He had pushed for Rumi to look into joining the guards, to pursuing a more difficult career in the North. Had she done it? The Captain would surely know, wouldn't he?

So he waited until they stopped for the night, waited until everyone was assigned their duties and busy at work. There was no harm in asking. He approached Thrain when he was alone, seemingly not busy (though it was always hard to tell).

"Captain?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:17 am
User Image

Only a few days left until they reached the Pridelands. Luckily they were now stopped among a small pride along the outskirts of the much larger pride's borders. Funnily enough, the owner of it had attacked him, but had also turned out to be his grandfather. Stories had been shared and while he was lost in some sort of bliss, there was still work to be done.

Thrain sat alone among the grass, his head raised and golden eyes scanning the stars. Mother had always taught him that his family was up there, but his father had taught him that they would guide him as well. He was no navigator, but having some sense of direction based on the stars was worthwhile. This close to their goal, he didn't exactly want to end up turned around and end up wandering into some other pride's borders.

An unfamiliar voice broke his private thoughts. Turning his head, he saw Hraban standing there. "What is it, soldier?" He asked, keeping formalities. Even out here, every word and manner mattered. It was late though and truthfully Thrain had thought everyone else to be asleep already.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:57 pm
"Sorry to interrupt you, sir." Hraban bowed to his superior. Hraban understood the need for formalities; while they were away from Tianxia, they were still representing Tianxia to the outside world. Respect was important.

"I have a question for you, something that I've been curious about since we left." Ahhh. He shifted a bit, unsure as how to open this conversation. Things were going to get very busy, very soon, so it seemed like this was the best time to ask.

"I had a conversation with an acquaintance of mine, a few days before we left. I challenged her to think outside of her current role, but....I'm not sure if she did anything. I hadn't been able to speak with her before we left. Do you know if a female showed interest in perhaps becoming a guard recently?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:26 pm
Wait, no. He couldn't mean...maybe there were others, other females that had been interested and just hadn't approached him. But really, who else could he be speaking about? The captain's eyes narrowed slightly at the other male's question to him. "There was one that mentioned possibly going above being a huntress, yes, but she hadn't exactly approached me traditionally about it." It was more like they had run into eachother, literally, but that wasn't something the captain would openly share, especially not with one of his subordinates.

"Is there a reason behind your curiosity, Hraban?" The North was small in comparison to the West, at least there most members knew eachothers names. Especially when it was important, like in his case, being a captain and needing to know who was under him.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:01 pm
The black and white lion's ears flattened against his skull, disappearing under his mane. s**t. Well, Rumi wasn't the best at following every little protocol, probably part of her ambitious nature.

"She had seemed unsure of herself when we last spoke," he began. "It was very unlike her. She's the type to drag everyone into boar hunting with her, not show insecurity so openly." He sighed. Nyneve said she'd keep an eye on her, but Hraban hadn't even been able to exchange words with her before they had left.

"I was merely curious. I'm afraid all this walking has let my mind wander."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:28 pm
"There can sometimes be harm in curiosity." Thrain replied, a strange stern tone to his voice.

He knew exactly the lioness Hraban was speaking of, but it was a thought that, for the moment, he wished to rid himself of. It was not that he did not want to think of her, simply that she distracted him from the task at hand. There was still so much to prepare before they reached the Pridelands and the captain could not afford any mistakes from now til they were back home in the Tianxia. It would be a long while until that would happen to...

"Enough talk of that though, I have a question for you, Hraban." A momentary pause let the soldier absorb the fact Thrain was about to ask him something. "What do you think of our objective? To train Pridelanders of all the prides in the art of war? And then...return home with a few of their members as an exchange."

It was odd, accepting members as a 'payment', even though no one would call it that. Truthfully, Thrain was part of an unofficial agreement for the Tianxian Prince's move to the Pridelands. His father, along with several others, thought it proper to send one of their own blood, but there were no royals to spare. A cousin to Hanjari, Thrain had seemed like a perfect fit.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:25 pm
"I find it smart, to be honest. My mother told me of her homelands, a warrior-based pride that was not far from the Pridelands. It seems almost foolish to live so near a place that takes strength and military might so seriously without having steadfast alliances with it."

The soldier took a moment to consider another thought, but it didn't seem important. "I have never stepped foot in either pride, though, so everything I am saying is merely hearsay." After being a rogue his entire life, only to finally commit to a pride just past his prime, he didn't have any personal experience to discuss.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:41 pm
"Warriors you say? I'm surprised they've never taken these lands then..." The Pridelands was always well-known for its sheer size. Maybe that was the reason most avoided it in their conquest instead of even trying, but there was the Mava'Bunda. Even he had grown up on stories of the elephant graveyard, to fear the laughter of the clan and the war that had ended before he had even been conceived.

"It does seem foolish when you put if that way though. There's certainly a reason for it though. I'll be sure to let Este know, but I'm fairly certain she'll already know." That was her job anyways. She was the pride's only real ambassador and her knowledge and expertise on this journey would be invaluable.

"Why join the Tianxia instead of your mother's home then?" Now Thrain was curious and it showed in the quirk of his brow as he asked his question. Hraban was a lion he knew by name and merit, but not personally to any sort of degree. Knowing a bit more about the motives, however subtle, could prove important down the road they traveled.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:16 pm
It was a very valid question, and one that Hraban had no qualms about answering. "She left before I was even conceived, in the midst of a civil war that began brewing. Perhaps that was why they never touched the Pridelands, for they had their own conflicts on the pride's religion."

The black lion shrugged. "Her words never gave me a reason to go, so I just followed my own path. One that eventually lead me to Tianxia. It gives me the drive to better myself, without the conflict of family and mixed opinions on religion."

Hraban himself wasn't sure he believe in Finar-si, so he merely let it quietly sit in his mind, happy to never need to answer that question. Few seemed to know of her outside of the Motoumajii lands, and he preferred it that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:35 pm
"Hm, fair enough answers." While for most there would still be suspicion held in their hearts, Hraban had never given Thrain any reason to doubt him. Even with religion and a civil war, it was apparent that he was not a part of that.

"You should rest, soldier. We'll be to the Pridelands soon and then the real work begins." Training, recruiting and the like. All of that would end up being the majority of their work, if not all of it. They were there for only of a few purposes. "I have final preparations to tend to before we arrive." Nodding his head, Thrain turned and left, heading to speak to the others and to inform Este of the new information. He was the highest ranking officer, but was still below Este in term of overall ranking, there was still reason for him to be formal to Hraban, but not overly respectful, not like how he had been to the emperor.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas