Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:19 pm
The dark lioness' ears twitched a bit. "That sounds most unusual... A pride in a land with... Structures..." She sat down, lost in thought for a moment. Where had such structures even come from? What could have built them? "I wonder if they were built by the false gods..." Other creatures entirely not lions at all didn't occur to her. After all, what could possibly move anything to build anything? She was prepared to ask more questions, when Ramla walked up beside her. She glanced at the brown lioness. "You heard of these... Dawn walkers?"

The silver-eyed lioness hadn't missed, of all things, the mention of the Dawnwalkers. "Dawnwalkers, Tuait'tekem... They lived in the remnants of human society." When she noted the confused look on Nuria's face, she clarified. "Humans were... Like baboons. But with flat faces, no tails, and no hair or fur to speak of. They had to wear other animals' fur to cover up."

"So that's what those things are called..." She adjusted the remnant of rug on her back. She never really bothered to learn what the flat-faced two-legs were when she stole pieces of their strange skins from them.

"Yes... They built temples... What they called the area, I don't know... But I know it quite well... I spent much of my cubhood there, and raised a litter there..." A note of sorrow was in her voice, as she felt a pang of sorrow, missing her children. Her family. Her former pride mates... Where were many of them now?

Ngoma walked over, catching the talk of the Tuait lands. "We're going back to the desert temples?" He felt like they'd just come from there not too long ago. Of course, it'd been quite a while since they'd left. He looked to the Kaar Oma, a slight glint in his teeth as he gave a lop-sided grin. "We can show you the way there easily, if nobody else knows where to go to get there." There wasn't much that he knew of that could possibly be there, though. Perhaps a god or two hanging around... Some vultures to chase.. But overall, not much of worth or importance that he could figure.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:19 pm
User ImageIn another world, Mkhai might have been proud of his daughter.

Instead, he found himself disquieted. If Rapha Oma had such a presence, such command, what might that long-lost son of his have achieved? Even more glory for Graos Oma, no doubt. Pah, but it was useless to dwell on such for long. The boy was gone, and their Xakaav Oma was what he was left with. Such as she was.

Between his forbidding expression and his streaked dark coat, he might have been mistaken for a thundercloud. The rumbled, "Blood and glory!" that joined the others' did little to dispel this. He did look forward to the hunting of rarec. His attempts at a glorious lineage might tend to go awry, but he had never ceased reaching for his own recognition.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 am
Ovu was somewhat disinterested in the details of the task at hand, only that he had every intention of taking part. With that in mind, he felt very little need to ask the head Seer any questions. He would do whatever was asked of him, as long as his thirst for blood and mayhem was satiated.

In the corner of his bloodshot eyes, he caught the pale female smirking. He turned to her, his own smirk appearing on his face. "My name is Ovu. I was a friend of your father's." The death of the Warlord was more inconvenient to him than it was sad, so there was very little he could offer his offspring in the way of sympathy. Although you could probably tell it from looking at him, he didn't have a sympathetic bone in his body.

Zizima nuzzled her back, nodding in agreement with what she said. Although he would not admit to it, he was glad at the possibility that the Nergui had given up on their war with the Firekin, although he wasn't so naïve as to think that it couldn't be rekindled at any given time. Still, it was good that they had a new distraction.

The question now would be what he did about this. If Sarangarel was to stay within their pride lands, he would feel the need to stay and protect her. His dark eyes then turned towards Ovu. He would clearly be going. Could Zizima really afford not to keep an eye on him? Then Sarangerel's son piped up. If he was half as stupid as his father, he could wind up dead if left to his own devices.

Turning back to Sarangerel, his dark eyes looked into hers. "I will do whatever you ask of me, whether it is to stay behind or go with the group."

Hiana's ears rolled about on his head as he listened to the questions that were asked of the had Seer, as well as the answers and then the subsequent chatter. He raised a brow as he heard that a couple of the lions there had actually come from the abandoned lands that they were planning on going to. He snickered as he pondered this, his mind was buzzing with various theories and possibilities. Had they been there at the time that the lands were abandoned? If so, why were they abandoned?

The hyena, bold as anything, turned to the black lioness and the white lion. Although the white one had already offered to lead the Nergui there, for him, that wasn't enough. "I think you should tell Mchawi Oma all that you know of this place."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:34 pm
Mchawi nodded matter-of-factly, doing her best to look unfazed at the idea of a land touched by the unnatural ways of the two-legs. "Your knowledge of the land will certainly be valuable during this expedition. I am certain that both you and Ramla will be welcome to join the party heading out, Ngoma." She paused. "The shuko are trustworthy, but your expertise in this particular land cannot be underestimated."

Behind her, Tomorbaatar, snorted, looking perturbed at the idea of needing help. Still, he did nothing to question the judgement and did his best to look as if his pride had not been affected by Mchawi's words.

"Indeed," the overseer agreed with the hyena, Hiana, "we no doubt have much to talk about. However, the final details need not be mulled over in the presence of all today. Come seek me out at my abode and we can discuss this further."

--

Gren, who had sunk back as others had stepped forward to ask questions, turned sorrowful eyes to look at Gael. She shifted uncomfortably, her lower teeth jutting further as she tried to gain control of her expression. "Yes," she replied, her gravelly voice rough and broken, "I suppose it is."

She paused, falling silent, and turned her head back to look at Mchawi. She wanted to as the Kaar Oma about what the plans were for her. Had the Great One simply forgotten her? Or did he still have need of her here? Perhaps she was over thinking things.

"I thought he would send for me," she finally responded, though her words may not have made much sense for those without context, with enough thought, it was likely the meaning could be comprehended.

--

Sarangerel looked momentarily torn. There was no right or wrong response. She wanted him close to her. Always. But she knew this was not possible, knew this would only weaken them as the time passed. Zizima was a respected male who needed to be involved in such activities, to keep up his reputation amongst the others.

"What will be will be. This could be a turning point in our history. I would not want for you to give up the opportunity, though I would miss you." She thought of the dangers, then, that the Nergui could be walking into and all the horrific possibilities. Yes, she wanted glory for her husband but a glory in which he would return to tell the tale.

"But if we all go, perhaps there will be no need for any separation."

SilverLutz

Andranis

~Masamune~

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:34 pm
User ImageGlory. Adventure. Hostile lands. Power. False gods and two legged abominations. Much of the details about the strange land went right over his head, but that didn't curb his enthusiasm and he yelled and yipped with the crowd. Raubtier turned from speaker to speaker, but if he had question of his own he didn't speak up. He looked forward to the hunt. This time he would do better, or die trying.

Dying in battle was a glorious idea, but he didn't really believe it would happen to him. He'd seen death, and he'd been injured in battle, but he still felt as if death wasd something that happened to other people. Others with bad luck, or others who weren't skilled enough or smart enough. He was young enough to still feel invincible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Keto resisted the urge to burst out in laughter, although a grin was plastered on his face with no intention of being replaced by a serious look. He was much too happy to be bothered with looking proper. Besides, Keto felt if he even for a second looked to be in his proper state of mind it would cause some sort of unrest. Keto was not sane at all, why should he try to look like it?

"This is bone-crushing!" He blurted out. He meant to say bone-chilling but whatever. Besides, he wasn't really speaking to anyone in particular. Mostly he was just muttering to himself...

"Let us all go. ALL of us. The firekin are stubborn, leave them be for now..." Glory and battle and new, strange lands was not something Keto was going to miss out on. He didn't understand what could cause anyone to think of staying behind where the firekin lions could reach them. This new mission was of greater importance anyways, and Keto was less likely to die partaking in this new goal the Nergui had. Which worked out good because not dying was always something that could be considered a nice little bonus according to Keto.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:52 am
User ImageRaubtier turned his head in confusion as Keto said something about bone-crushing. He wasn't sure what kind of bones the other nohoi intended to crush, But Raubtier wasn't one to say no to possible bone-crushing. If the bone in question was still attached to an enemy, that was just so much better.

"Yes, lets go crush some bones!" he agreed with great enthusiasm. "BONE CRUSHING!"

Let the lions worry about the finer details. He was eager to get to the adventure and violence parts.

[IC] Nergui Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff