[PRP] Doing the rounds (Han, Jasiri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:36 am
User ImageWhen Jasiri first met Han, he'd wondered if she was fully grown. He'd since learned that she was just a small female. The Bonelanders came in all shapes and sizes, if not in every color, and size wasn't always an indication of strength. The females were absolutely brutal when they hunted, and he'd seen pairs of females defeat the large Firekin in duels. On their own they might seem small or weak, but working in unison they were strong.

Jasiri had come to appreciate his home and the Ithambo'hlabathi way of life. He'd come a long way from the male that was just interested in lots of female attention. The male knew that he would only have a place here as long as he was strong enough to keep it, and he was okay with that. So far his strength and luck had not failed him. If Andhaka or the Umzingeli had wanted him out, he could have been chased away already, but so far he stayed in his temporary position.

He wondered if Andhaka understood how much his position relied on the support of the females, but the other male probably did. The red male seemed to try to stay on their good side, but without letting them push him around. It was a difficult balance and so far the new Umholi was doing a good job. Jasiri reluctantly had to admit that he probably couldn't have fulfilled the role himself. He was respected by enough females to work as Inselele, but he could probably not gather enough support to lead the pride. And unless Andhaka did something truly stupid he'd be content to hold his position and support the other male.

Jasiri had done a lot of patrolling lately, but luckily there had been no more incidents. At the moment he was supposed to get some rest and food, but he wanted to check on the injured before settling down. He told himself it was to gauge how fast the pride would be able to move, but if he had been completely honest with himself he'd realize that he simply cared about his pride members and their well-being.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:11 am
User Image The migration of the pride had been slowed considerably both by the storms and the two events that had happened not a few days ago. There had been injuries in both situations and, while Nehanda had sustained some herself, she had to admit she was glad she had escaped with just a few simple cuts and her usual fatigue. The males of the pride had come to their aid and she was sure without them they wouldn't have fared as well as they had. Poor Ifunci probably would have been killed and she had no idea what would have become of the lionesses. There were only two of them, after all, as one had run back for help, and there had turned out to be three males...she didn't want to think about it!

Shivering slightly, she continued padding towards the swollen watering hole they had settled by for some rest. At least the storms were bringing a constant supply of water to the usually parched land. As she walked a bright figure caught her eye and she turned to see Jasiri heading her way. Her ears perked up as she turned her paws towards the male. During the fight he had come in at the most opportune time, allowing her to wriggle out from the male that she had attacked. Without him she was sure she would have been crushed under the weight of the larger lion.

"Jasiri," she called out, hoping to catch his attention. Her lungs were feeling better now that she had time to rest so raising her voice wasn't as taxing as it might have been a few days ago.

Annchen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:08 pm
As it turned out, one of the lionesses he was looking for had managed to find him. Han looked much better than she had when they'd headed back after the disastrous hunt. She might be small, but he assumed that she was tough as nails like all Bonelands lionesses. When he first joined the pride he'd mostly been interested in the cushy life he'd live surrounded by adoring lionesses. He could laugh about it now. His respect for the Bonelands females had grown with time, and he'd learned that they wouldn't blindly adore their males unless said males earned their respect.

"You look better," he said, and then regretted his choice of words. She had looked pretty terrible after mud wrestling with the rogue male, but perhaps he shouldn't point it out. Well, it wasn't possible to take words back and do them over, was it?

SilverLutz
I'm assuming this would take place after the introduction RP since that's when Kokumo got back to the main pride. That is, if we want this set after the girl talk.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:50 am
Han felt her ears press back against her head out of embarrassment at Jasiri's comment. She knew he hadn't said it in any way that was offensive or teasing, but when she recalled what a poor position she'd been in when he had come to the rescue she couldn't help but feel rather useless. The females in this pride were all very strong and powerful, and then there was her. Jasiri either didn't seem to notice or mind, though, so it was with all of her mental strength - which was pretty impressive - that she pressed on.

"I'm feeling much better, too," she said, giving the male a little smile. "I'm glad I found you....I've been meaning to thank you for saving me the other day. I'm honestly not sure what might have happened if you hadn't showed up." Ifunci might have perished, she and the other lionesses might have been harmed...for the males to have arrived when they had had been a blessing from the gods.

Clearing her throat slightly, she glanced down at her paws for just a moment. Looking back up at Jasiri, she kept her expression hopeful. "I know that protecting us is part of your job but...I was hoping there'd be something I could do for you in return for coming to our aid. You've been here for a good amount of time now and you've always helped out and not questioned those who are in charge, even though they've not been here as long as you. So you just...you deserve a pat on the back, so to speak. Because sometimes being an Inselelo is a thankless job."

Annchen
GAH Gaia ate my post DX I typed one up to this days ago and thought it went through...sorry about that oTL Hopefully this one goes through

EDIT: Yay it did! Also after this one wraps up she'll have her five RPs!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:11 am
"It's a good thing Ukula is as loud as she is quick on her feet," he said. He could imagine what would have happened if they hadn't showed up in time. Han could have been hurt, or worse, and Ifunci would have been dead. But that wasn't all that Han wanted to say today.

Jasiri listened as Han spoke, nodding where it seemed appropriate. His ears moved as he took it in. This might be the longest speech he'd ever heard from the small lioness. Not that they never talked, but when they did it was just the usual exchange of words needed in daily life. He rarely sat down and conversed with any of the females, really. And certainly not in the way the females liked to talk among themselves. If a female had a lot to say to him it was usually not a good thing, but this time was different it seemed. What she had to say today made him happy and proud, and also unsure how to respond.

If she'd just thanked and praised him he would have been able to accept that praise, perhaps with a comment about how it was his job to do what he had done, and then move on with his day. But she wanted to do something for him as a thank you. Was she taking requests? He wasn't sure how to respond. It wasn't that he couldn't dream up nice things she could do to thank him, she was a good looking lioness after all, but he wasn't sure what level of commitment they were talking about here... He didn't want to assume this was a limitless offer. He was overthinking this, wasn't he?

"Thank you," he said, "It's nice to be... ah... appreciated."

SilverLutz
Oh, one of my favorite movies is on! Good thing I managed a post before it started

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 pm
The slightly hesitant reply and the look on Jasiri's face let Han know he was afraid to ask for anything. It wasn't normal for a female to offer an Inselelo a reward for doing his job, but Han wasn't a normal female. She cleared her throat just a bit, deciding that she should spell it out for him. What was the worst that could happen? He'd say no. That wasn't that awful...and to be honest, she was expecting him to. There were far more beautiful lionesses in the pride as well as stronger, and the only thing she really had going for her - from her point of view - was her personality. Maybe that would be enough.

"You've been here for quite a while but I believe you've only sired one litter, is that right?" One or two, but if there had been one before the litter Ifunci had come from she had yet to run into any of his cubs. "That seems a bit of a shame. You obviously have the strength and mind needed to be an Inselelo."

She knew it had a lot to do with his pelt color, unfortunately. The females here favored dark pelts to light, and poor Jasiri was pale and decorated with rather strange markings. When he had first joined she had wondered about how he'd get along being so pale, but now his appearance had come to grow on her. She herself had a dark tail and lots of dark colors in her family, so perhaps their cubs - if he accepted her offer - would benefit from her heritage.

"If you'd like another litter, I'd be more than happy to carry one for you. It's the least I can do. The pride has had a shortage of cubs lately as well, so it wouldn't just be for your benefit."

Annchen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:08 am
Well, you couldn't accuse the females in this pride to tiptoe around issues like these. He didn't bother to suppress the smile that was tugging at the corners of his mouth. According to the rumors, Andhaka had cubs on the way with at least one lioness. It would be very nice to prove he was just as much of a male as the Umholi, at least when it came to fathering litters. He didn't expect to ever be the top male around here...

A very immature part of him cheered at the prospect of another litter. That would mean he'd scored with more females than Nguvu, and that would mean he'd won at something. It was silly to think that way since the other Inselele was long since kicked out from the pride, but he couldn't shake the feeling of being compared to the other male still.

"I'd be honored to help repopulate the pride," he said sincerely.

SilverLutz
Ack! Sorry about my sudden lack of muse. I hope it'll behave better in the future...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:29 pm
Han breathed a small breath of relief as Jasiri took her offer to heart and even agreed to take her up on it. Amazing. She thought she'd be cubless forever and yet here she was standing before a male that didn't seem to mind she was small and easily winded. That was a good thing, she supposed. Jasiri wasn't one of those males that would only take the best of the best as flings. It was important to get a wide spread of genes so inbreeding didn't happen.

"Ah...that's wonderful then," she said, managing a smile. She had to admit he wasn't what she would have thought she'd take as a fling, but he had his own unique handsomeness to him. Perhaps their cubs would be lucky and take after her side of the family where very dark pelted felines resided.

"I'm feeling quite better now so any time you'd like to make good on the offer, I'm more than willing," she said with a small nod. Hopefully it wouldn't take long to actually take the cubs. She had no idea how her body would react to carrying them.

Annchen
That's okay!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:59 pm
Jasiri smiled back at the small female. He couldn't believe his luck, but he wasn't about to ask if she really was sure. If she said she was up for it, he had to assume that she was.

"How about this," Jasiri said, "We can find a nice spot of shade and I'll groom your back."

If one thing led to another he could roll with that. If not, they'd get a chance to relax and spend some time together. He didn't think Han would change her mind, but he wanted to make sure there were no lingering ill effects after her tussle with the much larger male.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 pm
Han swallowed a bit thickly as Jasiri offered to try now. Well, maybe not actually try, but at least get them in the mood. She nodded and gave him a tiny smile, thankful that he was actually being rather kind about the whole thing. That was good...she didn't want a male with a rough temper to sire her cubs. There was enough vim and vigor on her side to give them all a spunky attitude. Anything more than that and she'd be in way over her head.

"Sure. That sounds like a good way to test the waters," she said, glancing around for a secluded tree. There was one off a ways from where the pride was resting for the time being and she nodded in the direction of its shade before turning to move towards it.

Annchen
Last one from me!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm
Jasiri nodded as Nehanda motioned towards the tree. It looked like a good place to rest, and to "test the waters" as she had put it. He smiled at her as they walked there together.

SilverLutz
Short post is short... But it just felt unfinished to me.

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games