[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:08 pm
Kawaii-Star
Cannibal_92
Kawaii-Star
Cannibal_92
Kawaii-Star

If you look next to it you can see it's a different point. neutral
i realize that, you could have simply said "i think i prefer the settings in school"

Wow,that'd do you biggest change.
im sorry, what?

Even if I did do that,what difference would it make? neutral They're the same things and I think that you're just trying to appear like a smart alek.
I'm sorry if I appeared like a smart a**, Im not trying to, I was simply saying you couldve just said i prefer school settings instead of writing that you wont like it as much, which most of us already know, besideds why would i want to appear as a smart a**? I dont like it whe people are smartasses, sorry if i was one. holy crap, i just found that you can scroll side to side with my mouse thats awesome. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:10 pm
Dynast Metallium
Well...I won't say at all that I'm particularly 'loyal' to the Harry Potter fandom in the first place. I do enjoy the books, yes, but I'm not particularly obsessed with the series that I live and breathe with every book and movie that comes out.

My love for the series will probably wane in the years after book 7 as all interests do, but I see no reason to trash the books either. It's a good series, and worth a reread some day, I'm sure.

And regarding other good authors whom I consider on-par or even above J.K. Rowling (in which I now state is my own opinion, and no one else's), I'd say that Terry Pratchett and Diana Wynne Jones are certainly worth a read. Their fantasy-themed works are simply amazing. biggrin
i loved diana wynne jones' book, the dark lord of derkholm, good book.  

[Hollow Point]

kitsunemajin90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:17 pm
Once the whole series is over and all of the movies are out, I'll probably lose interest. But then there'll be that one day when I go crazy with it and watch all the movies/read the books/read fanfiction.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:33 pm
yay i finally found a good name to change to I used to be cannibal_92!  

[Hollow Point]

elfnprincess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:38 pm
i've been a hardcore harry potter fan since 4th grade and im in 11th now. i don't think i'll be losing interest anytime soon. i know some people may think it's lame but it's who i am.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:56 pm
never that is impossible!!  

sparky102

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:39 pm
Twinkleh
Are you slowly becoming less interested?Because there are new books coming out all the time?
Is 2 years,really too late? sweatdrop Getting hard to stay loyal??

What are you going to do when it's over?

I for one,am becoming more interested in Lemony Snicket. sweatdrop

i was really into before the 7th book came out. I got it the night it came out on the midnight party at our bookstore. The 7th book was so bad i really couldn't finish it. J.K to me rushed the ending of the book. The 7th book is the only book that i could not finish and really i don't want to finish it because i heard what happens.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:20 pm
Nope, I'm not falling out... I just bought a HP piano book for a solo in a competition. ^_^
And I'm going to watch the 5th movie again later... Yay Luna!  

Lord of the Dingbats

sparky102

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:18 pm
no way!!!!!! eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:04 pm
I think I am... After the 7th book came out, everyone read it so there was really nothing much left to discuss. Even the HP forum is like slow... D:  

Yuki Lives in Your Closet

Lord of the Dingbats

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:47 pm
POST MORE THEN!!! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:18 am
not that its all over i slipped away shortly but christmas revived my harry potter-ness by getting a griffindor pen and scarf and a ravenclaw pen! its soooooo awesome!!  

tvkid2471

Jill_Pole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:33 am
I have read the first 3 books of A Series of Unfortunate Events. I have the box with the three books. I hope to get the next set soon.

But I still love Harry Potter!

Try this:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/70312/Barb_LP

The ff.net account with 4 Harry Potter ff's on it.

Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent
Harry Potter and the Time of Good Intentions
Harry Potter and the Triangle Prophecy
The Lost Generation (a prequel)

It's eerie how many things come up in these fanfictions that also come up in the real story in books 5, 6, and 7.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 pm
I think, now, more than a year (2?) later, interest has naturally waned. I've more of a loss of interest in the sixth movie, than I ever have for the movies which were not my favorite part. (Part of this could be though that they keep pushing it further and further back.) We all will always love the HP series but there comes a time when most topics for most people have been said and done.

One of MY personal big problems is the fandom itself. There will always be a certain amount of annoying "noobish" people in any fandom. However, there has been a marked increase in the few HP centered areas that I've been in, over the last couple years. Frankly some HP fans drive me nuts! They obsess and love a BOOK but cannot type a proper sentence to save their lives! Some are just fans of the movies and trash talk fans of both. So the quality of active fans for me is a real draw back. They aren't always up to my standard and I REFUSE to lower myself.

Its a personal problem, but one I figured I'd point out, just to see if I was alone.  

GhoulPuppy

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14 am
xCyanidexAngelx
I think, now, more than a year (2?) later, interest has naturally waned. I've more of a loss of interest in the sixth movie, than I ever have for the movies which were not my favorite part. (Part of this could be though that they keep pushing it further and further back.) We all will always love the HP series but there comes a time when most topics for most people have been said and done.

One of MY personal big problems is the fandom itself. There will always be a certain amount of annoying "noobish" people in any fandom. However, there has been a marked increase in the few HP centered areas that I've been in, over the last couple years. Frankly some HP fans drive me nuts! They obsess and love a BOOK but cannot type a proper sentence to save their lives! Some are just fans of the movies and trash talk fans of both. So the quality of active fans for me is a real draw back. They aren't always up to my standard and I REFUSE to lower myself.

Its a personal problem, but one I figured I'd point out, just to see if I was alone.

I've seen that, but I've also seen too much of the opposite extreme ... fans who are so in-depth that they look down on others.

For example, just before book 5 came out, I noticed Dumbledore mentioning "Arabella Figg" as part of "the old crowd" and I made the connection to Harry's babysitter Mrs. Figg. When I posted it here, I got good responses, but when I posted in the forums there were tons of people who were like," I've known that for YEARS, now go away you pea-brained Neanderthal, you're not worthy to discuss this classic of literature rolleyes " ... diehards cam be troublesome too.

Anyway, its 2012, and my interest hasn't waned a jot. There are always new books, but HP was never a "stage" for me. I love reading the fanfiction of good writers. I especially find the pro-Slytherins fascinating in the points of discussion they bring up.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff