Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
What is your Favorite Type of Cosplay to Do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is Your Favorite Cosplay Type
  Anime
  Manga
  Video Games
  DC Comics
  Marvel Comics
  Disney
  Movie Characters
  TV Series Characters
  Celebrities or Musicians
  Obscure or Original
View Results

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:19 pm
Greetings Everyone,

These days Cosplaying has grown a lot, especially in the United States. People are certainly still cosplaying Anime and Manga characters but I have seen a lot of new and expanded categories. Video Game Cosplays has gone way up. DC and Marvel comics has also gone way up. TV and movie star cosplays are also on the rise. In the last few years Disney character Cosplays has gone up so much that I can't keep up with it. I Love Disney characters so it's not a problem for me. In this thread I would like to know what you think about this and answer my poll as well. All comments are welcome. If you can't decide which choice to pick in the poll please choose the type of cosplay that you have done the most in the past and then in a post let us know all about your different favorite categories. I do realize that many of you out their cosplay characters from many different categories. This is also a way for me to get feedback on what are the favorite types of cosplaying. It can help us give attention to what types of cosplays that you like the most. Thanks for your help and have fun with this poll / question.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 pm
I honestly can't choose between Marvel, Disney and Video games. XD I do a ton of Marvel, but love working on Disney themed armour and making dresses, but I've been making more video game costumes for this upcoming season. XD I went with Video games because of that. lol

Most of my friends prefer to cosplay Marvel and DC or Disney, though. When I was younger, we did more anime. While some of us have done anime recently or still working on anime projects, it seems that the majority of us older crowds go with Disney, video games, or comics. Maybe because the characters tend to look more mature or maybe because some of us outgrow anime? It could also be because as we get older we learned a ton of new skills and started prop work from movies and games and armour making.

It could also just be the many different niches out there too. smile Depends on the crowd, age group, and potentially the subject matter and how popular it is. smile  

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:53 pm
Rogue-dono
I honestly can't choose between Marvel, Disney and Video games. XD I do a ton of Marvel, but love working on Disney themed armour and making dresses, but I've been making more video game costumes for this upcoming season. XD I went with Video games because of that. lol

Most of my friends prefer to cosplay Marvel and DC or Disney, though. When I was younger, we did more anime. While some of us have done anime recently or still working on anime projects, it seems that the majority of us older crowds go with Disney, video games, or comics. Maybe because the characters tend to look more mature or maybe because some of us outgrow anime? It could also be because as we get older we learned a ton of new skills and started prop work from movies and games and armour making.

It could also just be the many different niches out there too. smile Depends on the crowd, age group, and potentially the subject matter and how popular it is. smile

Being an older Cosplayer I do understand wanting to expand your talents and try different things. I do this in a slightly different way. Being a Cosplay Photographer I have seen the trends change and cosplayers getting use to other types of cosplays. I was very excited when Disney characters came onto the scene. Also I'm always amazed at the props that both video gamers and horror cosplayers create. My biggest joy is taking photos of these creations and talking to the cosplayers about them. My brother is mechanically inclined so he can talk to the cosplayers on a higher level than I. I tend to deviate to DC characters myself but my Love still belongs to Anime because that's the type of cosplay that I started with. With videogames I have to ask what type of game is the cosplay from. Keep up the good work and please post your outfits from time to time in the photo section. Also I can do a critique of one of your outfits as well. Feel free to ask.  
-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games