Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art
Favorite Writing Style

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Writng Style
  Manga
  Fan Fiction
  Descriptive / Non Fiction
  Descriptive / Creative
  RPG
  Short Story
  Novel
  Comedy / Romantic
  Science Fiction / Horror
  Adventure / Historic
View Results

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:43 am
Hello Fellow Writers,

Believe it or not English in school was my worst subject but Creative Writing was one of my best. I tend to write as if I'm talking to someone. That makes me a good story teller as well. My writing can range from Non Fiction to very creative. I'm very detail oriented which comes in handy in Science and in my field Manufacturing. At the same time I tend to take in everything in my surroundings and can describe them in detail as well.

Movies, TV series, and Anime I judge most of them on the characters and the character development. This comes in handy for writing stories and RPG's. I do happen to have a RPG Guild on Gaia Online. Currently it's inactive because I spend all of my Gaia time on this wonderful Guild. You all have seen my different writing styles already. I wrote this Guild's Rules and Regulations. Also as a gift to all of you I'm sharing a fanfiction story in this Sub Forum called Dimensional Quill. When you read this story due to my Love of character development the story will draw you in and you will want to read it to the end. My opinion of course. My Dimensional Quill Story Thread is Locked. It speaks for itself so enjoy it and I hope that it inspires you to write your own stories in this sub forum.

In this Thread I have a poll to find out what style of writing you like best. Please vote in the poll and pick the writing style that you write the most of. Like myself you probably have written in many different styles. Also please post a reply in this thread why you like your writing style or multiple styles of writing. Just to let you know all writing related contests will be in this Sub Forum. Since I Love to write I would like to find out why you like to write. I know their are writers in this Guild so get your quills ready and show us what you got. smile

Based on what answers that I get in both the poll and the posted reply's in this thread it will help me develop this Sub Forum better. If you have not written anything before and would like to learn I can help you with that. Keep in mind that this is not an English Class. All tips that I give for creative writing will be my opinion on the subject. Some of the basics of story telling and writing are very similar. This is going to be a fun place to write in. So follow the rules that I have stated in this Sub Forum and everyone will have a good time.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm
I like reading and writting fanfictions. I already wrote a lot of Once Upon a Time and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves fanfictions. Okay, these are non-anime/manga fanfictions.

And now I'm writting som Kyou Kara Maou fanfictions based on the anime after season 2. Okay one of my fanfictions will take place after season 3. I write them in Hungarian (this is my native language), but sometimes I translate them to English.  

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 pm
Will of Locksley
I like reading and writting fanfictions. I already wrote a lot of Once Upon a Time and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves fanfictions. Okay, these are non-anime/manga fanfictions.

And now I'm writting som Kyou Kara Maou fanfictions based on the anime after season 2. Okay one of my fanfictions will take place after season 3. I write them in Hungarian (this is my native language), but sometimes I translate them to English.

Hi Will,

That's great that you like writing. Feel free to start a thread on the "fanfiction and Manga writing" sub forum. Both I and I'm sure some of our Guild members would enjoy reading what you come up with. Your story on a thread that you start can be as short or as long as you would like.

If you haven't yet read the fanfiction story that I wrote called "Dimensional Quill" please do so. It gives you an example of my writing.

I plan of having a writing contest soon. So stay tuned for that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:38 am
smithers456

Hi Will,

That's great that you like writing. Feel free to start a thread on the "fanfiction and Manga writing" sub forum. Both I and I'm sure some of our Guild members would enjoy reading what you come up with. Your story on a thread that you start can be as short or as long as you would like.

If you haven't yet read the fanfiction story that I wrote called "Dimensional Quill" please do so. It gives you an example of my writing.

Thanks a lot. Where can I find your story? And what fandom do you write?  

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:04 pm
Will of Locksley
smithers456

Hi Will,

Thanks a lot. Where can I find your story? And what fandom do you write?

Oh, I should have mentioned that I posted my story "Dimensional Quill" in a thread on the "fanfiction and Manga writing" sub forum. I'm hoping that others will read my story and get inspired to write short stories of their own and post them for everyone to read in the Guild.

Most of my writing in the past is on forum based RPG's. I have a Guild of my own on Gaia called, "Anime Role Playing Extraordinaire". On my Guild I have created from scratch a few RPG's and one is based on "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" which my story on this Guild is based on. Feel free to go to my profile page and their is a link to my Guild. Currently the Guild is inactive.

Outside of Gaia online I was a part of several RPG's which were Star Trek related. Fan Fiction writing is fairy new for me. As time goes on I plan on writing more more of them based on some of my favorite Anime shows.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 am
I see. I don't know the animes you use for your fanfictions. Sorry.  

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 pm
Will of Locksley
I see. I don't know the animes you use for your fanfictions. Sorry.

That's Ok. If you get a chance read the Manga or watch the DVD's based on both "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle" and "xxholic", They might be online as well. Both series are really good and I highly recommend that you check them out. I hope that you like reading my story "Dimensional Quill". It gives you an idea about what these series are about. Also I wrote the story in such a way that it can stand alone in case someone wasn't familiar with the two series.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:17 am
I think I started XXXHolic 5 years ago. And I didn't like it. So I'll pass that one. The other one... I'll try it after I watched everything is on my list right now. I have to finish Inuyasha - Final Act, and than I'll watch Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala and Karnival.  

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:55 pm
Will of Locksley
I think I started XXXHolic 5 years ago. And I didn't like it. So I'll pass that one. The other one... I'll try it after I watched everything is on my list right now. I have to finish Inuyasha - Final Act, and than I'll watch Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala and Karnival.

That's fine. Each to their own I say. Inuyasha is a series that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. I noticed that a lot of people like it. In the Fanfiction and Manga writing Sub Forum feel free to write about any series.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:01 pm
I enjoy writing stories ; However not sure i am any good. I enjoy reading all types of things . I like all different point of views and perspectives. I look forward to reading the fanfictions on here  

charity_halliwell

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:11 pm
charity_halliwell
I enjoy writing stories ; However not sure i am any good. I enjoy reading all types of things . I like all different point of views and perspectives. I look forward to reading the fanfictions on here

Hello Again charity_halliwell,

I hope that you have read my Dimensional Quill Fan Fiction Story. If not I know that you will like reading it. You don't even have to know the Anime series that I used in writing it.

Please feel free to share with us a short story. No need to worry their are no one that will judge your work harshly here. Both the Crew Members and I of this Guild are here to help. I happen to be a really good writer and I enjoy reading stories as well. Write with your heart, start a thread, and post a story. I'm sure that your story will be just fine. As I mention in the beginning of this thread my English writing is not the best and one of my friends is spell check. One thing that I can do after reading one of your short stories is to help you write even better stories.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 am
smithers456
charity_halliwell

Hello Again charity_halliwell,

I hope that you have read my Dimensional Quill Fan Fiction Story. If not I know that you will like reading it. You don't even have to know the Anime series that I used in writing it.

Please feel free to share with us a short story. No need to worry their are no one that will judge your work harshly here. Both the Crew Members and I of this Guild are here to help. I happen to be a really good writer and I enjoy reading stories as well. Write with your heart, start a thread, and post a story. I'm sure that your story will be just fine. As I mention in the beginning of this thread my English writing is not the best and one of my friends is spell check. One thing that I can do after reading one of your short stories is to help you write even better stories.

Thank you I would appreciate the feed back and I will have to read your fanfiction . I have been looking for a good story to read and I am sure yours will be great .  

charity_halliwell

Cute Apple Pie-chan

Friendly Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:36 am
Personally I like writting short stories and novels too. And I write adventure, action, drama, romance, etc. too.  
Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games