Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Mountain Mates (Kona x Draii x Najwa-Shula x Miyako)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kona had woken early and nuzzled her daughter awake. Her daughter was full grown now but yet the duo stuck together. Once upon a time they had been a part of a pride, companions to a mother and son cheetah. Things had changed though and they had moved on. Now it was just Koan and Draii on their own.

Licking her paws Kona turned towards her daughter, "What shall we do today my dear?" she asked. Kona couldn't speak for her daughter but she enjoyed the peaceful life that they kept now. Living at the base of a mountain with a cool stream running close by.

Draii stirred when her mother nudged her, unhappy to be woken. If left up to her own device Draii would likely sleep most of her life away, sleep was just so peaceful. Draii could only barely remember the time spent in a pride, she had been so young at the time.

"Can we find friends today?" Draii loved her mother of course but the younger serval was desperate to get out and meet others, when she wasn't sleeping she wanted to be making friends and seeing more of the world. Although she did like the mountain base home that she shared with her mother she definitely didn't want to leave it behind in any way.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:25 pm
nessiaing

User Image

Najwa-Shula had been on her own now for some time. Her pride had quietly melted away into the shadows. Now she walked the shadows alone except for the company of her serval companion. She slipped through the jungle that was her home with practice eased. It was a lonely life to walk, but it was the way of the ninja. She paused and sniffed. There was strange scents on the air this morning. It was about time for them to retreat from the fading shadows, but Najwa decided to seek the source.

"Do you smell that Miyako?" The hybrid whispered. She stood as still as she possibly could. Many hours of hard training had it taken her to perfect that skill. The scents were coming from their left. Her whiskers twitched several times, and she licked her tongue over her nose. "I think I will investigate." There was something familiar about those scents that she couldn't place. Najwa moved with purpose in the new direction. As the scents became stronger, she slowed and crept delicately through the shadows.

Miyako bounded from branch to branch to keep up with her companion. She had been part of the pride and chosen the young bright eyed hybrid to be her chosen. The serval paused and sniffed too. "Someone new travels here. Are we going to see them?" She nodded and eased down into the brush quiet as the larger feline. They often watched others from the shadows. It was harder to socialize without a pride who understood them. She knew the hybrid missed her family, and tried to be the best companion she could.

Being smaller she could move just a tiny bit faster and get just a little bit closer without being seen. Miyako flicked her ears as she got close. It surprised her to see two servals. It had been a long time since she'd come across her own kind. The female was sorely tempted to make contact, but knew the ninja code.  

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
Kona was still cleaning her paws when she heard just the slightest of rumblings from the foliage around them. Her ears perked rotating trying to find the source of the noise.

"Did you hear that?" she asked Draii, giving her daughter another nudge. She seriously doubted that the younger serval had heard anything. She loved her daughter but she was hopelessly unobservant. Kona wondered if perhaps she had given her too soft of a life, the girl just never paid any attention.

The grey servals eyes were scanning looking, afraid that perhaps there little dwelling was about to be invaded.

Draii was still barely awake when her mom had asked her if she had heard that... "Hear what?" she mumbled, finally standing and stretching her long legs out. Sitting back down Draii looked off toward the tree lines looking to see what could have made whatever noise her mother thought she had heard.

Draii was lazy, but not nearly as lazy as her mother seemed to think, if need be the younger serval would be able to defend herself. She ducked and peaked around trying to find where the noise had come from. Finally deciding searching for the noise was a waste of time she stood up again.

"HELLO" she called out, "Come out come out where ever you are." She figured her mother would scold her for being so brazen and giving away their position but the golden serval decided that whoever may be out there had likely already spotted the mother daughter duo.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 pm
nessiaing

Najwa knew she was very close when the strongest scent washed over her. She paused to take in her surroundings, then settled herself to lay on her belly. The hybrid had always been very glad she had a mostly dark pelt to help her hide in the shadows. Her ears perked forward once she was comfortable. The serval duo moving ahead was clear and loud to her. With her familiar ahead of her, she realized that the scents were servals just like Miyako. Now that she knew who it was that moved in, the choice was what to do next. With her curiosity satisfied her first thought would be to leave and head to her own home. Seeing as the pair was servals another thought had occurred to her. If the pair was amiable, perhaps Miyako would like to talk with some of her own kind.

She stifled down her chuckle as one brazenly called out. At least one wasn't too shy. Najwa glanced over at her serval. With a few subtle movements she indicated the smaller feline could make initial if she so desired. She would hang back lest the servals took her appearance badly. Of course if things turned sour for her friend she could jump in.

Miyako was pleased to find some of her own kind in the area. She creeped forward with a little wiggle of her rump. The female leaned forward slightly to get a better look at the pair. They reminded her of smoke and amber. One seemed wary and she froze as the other scanned the foliage. Her paw must have rustled a leaf just a bit too much. Miyako listened to the two talk. She grinned as the amber one called out loudly. They were a pair much like Najwa and herself. Someone the other knew they could trust.

When she glanced over to the larger hybrid she read the message and replied with an affirmative. She was grateful for the chance to meet them. Taking a quiet deep breath she readied herself before slipping out of her cover. Miyako moved slowly out of the shadows and into the growing light. She wanted to blink furiously but kept her eyes open. Being blinded would put her at a great disadvantage despite having hidden backup.

"Hello to you too." She posed at the edge and watched the other two to see what they would do.  

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:03 am
The silvery serval relaxed when she saw another serval come out of the tree line. "You are lucky it wasn't something bigger." she said to her daughter in a warning voice. Kona had lived longer and seen more and knew that it wasn't always the smartest of ideas to be shouting out to unknown voices.

"Well are you going to invite her over." Kona asked her daughter. Kona stayed back even though it was just another serval she kept her eyes on the forest line just incase she wasn't alone.

The golden rod gave her mom a look, "You need to relax." she told he mom a silly grin on her face. She wasn't going to worry, she moved forward towards the brightly coloured serval. Not letting her mothers concerns bug her, she was excited to finally see another serval.

She made it over to where the other serval stood, "Hi my name is Draii, and that back there is my mom Kona." she told the other serval. "I am sorry for the less than warm welcome, we've been on our own for a long time, I think she may have forgotten how to welcome a guest." Draii said in a teasing voice towards her mom.

"Here come on back with me." Draii said turning back towards where her mother still stood. "She wont bite I promise." she said with a whisper. She meant it as a joke and she hoped that the other took it that way as well.

magnadearel
Sorry for the delay!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:47 pm
nessiaing

Eyes the color of fire watched the trio of small felines. Najwa could definitely feel as the odd one out if she wasn't comfortable in her own fur. She almost felt bad for the silvery one; hiding in the background as she was. The hybrid didn't want to scare Miyako's new friends. She kept still and quiet as the silver one wanted Miyako invited over. The golden one appeared much more carefree. Najwa listened to the names and fixed them into her mind.

Miyako flicked her ears in amusement at the two. How little did they know that a much larger feline was lurking in the shadows not far behind her. She took a few hesitant steps toward the pair then paused. Her eyes flicked from one to the other. "She's right you know," the female addressed Draii, with a respectful head bob toward Kona. "I'd like to join you though. It's been a long time since we had company too." She looked between the two as she revealed, there was another one hidden. Accidentally or on purpose? "She won't hurt you I promise, but I'd like her to come out." Miyako looked hopefully between the pair. They were together, but all she had was Najwa. It didn't seem fair to shut her out for not being a serval.

The hybrid tensed with surprise as the serval mentioned her. She'd just given away their best surprise. Although she didn't think two small servals would be a problem for her and Miyako. Still she waited. She wasn't going to show herself unless they were prepared for it. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, her familiar hadn't mentioned just how big she was.  

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:33 pm
Kona's ears flattened when the word "us" passed through the stranger servals lips. She didn't use to be such a nervous nelly but since they had left Hetal's pride and protection she felt more vulnerable than ever before. It didn't help that she was aging and there for was less strong than before.

"Draii come back here now." Kona called to her daughter. She didn't mind the serval coming with but she didn't like the idea of her daughter being so out in the open with an unknown stranger lurking some where in the tree line. If her and her daughter were at least closer to the mountain they may be able to disappear into one of the main small crevices before any larger creature made it bad to them.

"Mom relax!" Draii shouted rolling her eyes at her mother. "Didn't you hear what she said she is friendly. We use to live among all sorts of larger creatures and none of them were ever a problem." Draii let out a sigh and took a step back to appease her mom some.

"Would you mind asking her to come out so my mom stops her worrying?" Draii asked the other new comer serval. She hoped that once the larger creature wasn't a mystery her mom would be able to relax a little and actually make friends with the first souls the duo had seen it what felt like an eternity.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:13 pm
nessiaing
Ugh just tiny posts from me today.

Najwa wasn't overly surprised by the mother's sudden protective nature. She herself was protective of her only companion even though Miyako wasn't related by blood. It made sense to her. "You needn't fear. I won't harm you." Her low voice rumbled out of the shadows. Slowly, Najwa lifted her body from the ground and stepped out of her familiar shadows. Hesitantly, as though she was talking herself into each step, the hybrid moved into the light. She moved slowly so as not to startle the pair. "I greet you. I'm Najwa."

Miyako could understand their concern. She felt slightly bad when Draii stepped back. It was a sensible move, but it still showed she wasn't totally trusted. The serval nodded at Draii's request, "of course. I was hoping she could join us. We haven't had real company in a very long time." She looked hopefully between the pair. They could understand couldn't they?  

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:25 pm
Draii visibly relaxed when the dark hybrid step out form the shadows. "Hello" Draii said in a bold voice. She was hoping that if she remained calm that he mother would remain calm as well.

"See mom they are friendly." she said turning to look back at her mom. "Have you been travelling for a long time?" Draii asked. She didn't know much what it was like to travel constantly. She was happy with the little mountain home she and her mother kept.

The older servals ears lifted from her head listening to the movement as the hybrid came out of the shadows. She took it as gesture of good faith. "Thank you for revelling your self." she said her voice still spoke of her worry but she was willing to make it work, she knew her daughter needed others to speak to. A young girl could only speak to only her mother for so long.

"I am sure you heard but my name is Kona and this here is my daughter Draii, might we ask you your name?" she asked. Her voice had tension in it but it was kind.

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff