Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[VIKING] A'Viking We Will Go (Fastný x Erykk)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:08 pm
User Image Fastný lifted her head and took a deep breath of the salty air, a little smile on her face. She was officially a Reaver now and was out on her first Viking after the initial one she had to go on to take the title. She wasn't planning on joining this particular band of lions, but the Captain had needed a few more paws to come with them as they were heading in the direction of the Pirates. Fights between the Stormborn and the Pirates were common, so a beefy band of Reavers was always needed when heading in their direction.

Fastný glanced to her left where the ocean was lapping at the shore. It was fun to walk in the sand, although it made their progress a bit slower. The shifting grains beneath their paws took just a bit more time to maneuver than the solid ground she was used to. Still, it was nice to get out and see more of the surroundings in their area. She had been to the sea before, of course, but never had she walked down a beach as far as they had currently gone. The Captain had heard tell of a pod of dolphins that had beached themselves not too far from their borders, so they were on the hunt to see if it was true. Perhaps she could get a few interesting bones out of it as well. She needed some decorations for her braid if she wanted to look the part of a Reaver, after all.

Buffy_the_Bloody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:00 pm
SilverLutz

User Image

Erykk was happy to join a band that were heading out in questionable territory. He'd be perfectly content skinning a pirate that decided to come anywhere near their little group. But then again, Erykk found himself finding any reason to go on the vikings. It got him out of the pride for awhile, and in turn, away from Finna who had been hounding him even still.. Their cubs near adults, and still she spoke of a perfect family. She'd not be too happy to learn about his current fascination in Isa..

His thoughts were a bit too distracted for his liking, and he cleared his throat to bring himself back to the present. He relished the feel of the sand beneath his paws, though he hoped that no fight happened on the terrain. It was a bit more difficult than in the grassy lands. But he'd do what needed to be done.

"Tis a Good day to die." He said to a red headed lioness that wore a cloth over her back. She was the only female in the band, and unlike a lot of others.. He had no bias one way or the other on female reavers. If they could handle themselves, that was all he was concerned with. He liked meeting the other reavers in the groups. He liked learning the kinds of lions that existed within the lands he called home. That, and he was wanting to be a Captain himself.. and he wanted to know just what crew members to be looking for.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Fast glanced to her side as another lion caught up with her. She had seen him around here and there but had never really met him. She certainly didn't know his name. That wasn't too uncommon in the Stormborn, though, as it was quite a large pride and rogues were constantly joining. She had a huge family to remember, too! So many brothers and sisters...it was hard enough keep them straight, let along new faces.

The comment made her chuckle and she nodded, tilting her head up again and into the sea breeze. "It is. I can't think of a better day to die than today." Of course, they spoke of the weather. It really was a beautiful day, the sun was out and in full force but the ocean kept them cool as they walked along the sand. Turning again, she looked over at the male and gave him a small grin.

"I'm curious to see if these tales of beached fish the size of lions is actually true. They'd make a nice prize to bring home, wouldn't they?" The breeze blew her braid into her face for a moment and she shook her head to rid herself of it. "I'm not sure we've met...I'm Fastný."

Buffy_the_Bloody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:09 pm
SilverLutz

She responded amicably, and so he decided it was alright to strike up conversation. They were already talking the weather, he wasn't sure he was doing a very good job in that conversation at all.. The smell of the beach air hit his nostrils, and he closed his eyes to take a big whiff. He loved the smell of the ocean.

Her mention of the large beached fish made him nod. He had been hoping to catch sight of that himself. That was one thing the male could honestly say he'd never witnessed.
"If they haven't been there too long, they could be an interesting meal too." Though odds were, they were long past able to be scavenged. Didn't stop him from thinking about it though.

"Though I've never seen a fish the size of a lion.. Let alone a bunch of beached ones."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm
"Me either," Fast agreed, wondering if it would be a fish that was just really, really large, or if it would be something else. She wasn't very keen on seafood, but there were some lions that swore by fish and other things from the sea. Eh...there would be bones for her to salvage at the very least.

"They sound a bit stupid to have thrown themselves up on the shore like that," she added, not sure why any creature would willingly put themselves in a place where they couldn't breathe. Sure, some lions went swimming, but it wasn't as if they dove down under the waves to never surface again.

"So, what's your name?" she asked, giving him a little grin. "Usually when someone gives you theirs it's polite to return the favor." She was only teasing, of course, and she knew her statement might have gotten overpowered by the waves on the shore and the calls of the gulls in the air.

Buffy_the_Bloody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:29 pm
SilverLutz

"In my experience there are some truly stupid creatures in the world." He mused. He couldn't really say he wasn't surprised that some creatures didn't have enough sense to keep themselves to their environments. In that case it was probably best they died, to keep from reproducing their own stupidity. Or at least, that is the way he looked at it..

He thought about what a large fish like that might look like, and found he couldn't even begin to picture something like it. The only fish he'd ever seen had been truly small. Almost invisible in the water as they moved far too fast, and were far too transparent.

"Erykk," he answered with a nod, his eyes still looking ahead of him, before they turned to look at her again. Her grin made him grin a bit, though it was rather small. He wasn't much of a smiler, but females had a way of bringing it out of him sometimes..

"I was thinking too much on large fish it would seem." He chuckled. He wasn't exactly the most polite lion, but he hadn't meant to ignore her name.
"Nice to fight beside you, Fastny."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:08 pm
"That's very true," Fastný said with a quiet chuckle. There were some very, very dull animals in the world. "But if there weren't, we wouldn't eat!" It was the dull creatures that generally fell for traps, either because they didn't know where to run or because they wandered off on their own. Or, in the case of the fish, beached themselves.

"Erykk. The pleasure is mine," she said in return, pausing as they rounded an outcropping of a little cliff. The stench of rotting flesh hit her nose and made her scowl in distaste. Ugh...they were here.

"Well...that's not what I was expecting," she said as she moved forward again, edging towards one of the 'fish'. It didn't have any scales and was quite large with a very strange, pointed face. "This doesn't look like a fish at all," she said, walking around the slightly decomposed body. "The tail is all wrong. Usually they go up and down...this one is side to side."

Buffy_the_Bloody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm
SilverLutz

"Oh we would eat, you don't need to hunt stupid animals to eat, of that I can assure you." He grinned. Some of the prey animals he went after weren't near as stupid as he would have thought. But that never saved them..

His face grimaced when the stench hit his nose. He was regretting this mission with that smell floating around him. But he did his best to push it aside. He didn't have sensitive senses, so he could put up with it.

"I've...never seen any fish look so.." He couldn't find the words, before shrugging and just blurting out.. "damn ugly." He looked over the grey thing, it's skin exposing muscle and bone in some places.

"Is there anything we can scavenge off it?" He asked curiously.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:59 pm
Fast reached out with her paw and shoved the large fish curiously. It rolled onto its side, exposing a pale belly. "I don't know...it looks like it's got some pretty big bones," she said, peering into one of the wounds some other animal had left on it. "Maybe they can be brought back to turn into jewelry but that's about it. I wouldn't eat this meat."

It smelled far too badly for even her, although she really didn't like the way fish tasted anyway. She wasn't sure why...her siblings didn't seem to mind it. "Let's see..."

She ran her claws along the hide of the strange fish and watched it peel back with ease. After digging through the muscle her claws hit bone, and she gave a sharp tug. A few vertebrae came out with her yank, falling into the sand.

"Ooh...yes, those might look nice in someone's mane," she said, leaning in a bit to roll them around in the sand, hopefully to get the remaining meat off.

Buffy_the_Bloody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:06 pm
SilverLutz

"In that case, I'll try to restrain myself.." He said sarcastically of the meat. It was rotten even by his standards. He wasn't so bad off he had to eat rotten meat... and he hoped never to be as long as he lived because the smell was horrible.

He dug into the carcass, more for the experiment than the bones. Though he supposed he could have just said he was helping her look for bone. But when she pulled up the vertebrae, he picked one up to examine it in his paw. It was a normal looking bone, like one you might have pulled from an antelope. It was weird how some creatures could be so similar and so vastly different.

He looked at the skull curiously, before grabbing hold of it, and yanking it from it's position. It took some time to clean the dead meat off of it, but the skull was a unique looking bone.. He grinned.

"This could prove useful."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:35 pm
Fast watched as Erykk pulled the skull off of the spine and she gave a soft 'ooh' in appreciation. It was very strangely shaped but looked quite vicious with all those little teeth.

"That's interesting," she said, leaning in to peer into the huge hole the skull had left behind. She could see a few ribs and more spine, but nothing else was terribly interesting. Looking out over the other dolphins that had beached themselves, she found there were more for harvesting than there were lions in the group. Everyone could get a skull!

"Great find, Erykk," she said as she padded over to another, slightly larger dolphin and began to get to work on extracting the skull. She was glad she had come along on this Viking - the booty and beautiful weather was definitely worth it!

Buffy_the_Bloody
Last post from me! If you wanna toss another in for your boy feel free to. Thanks for the quick rp!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games