[PRP] Ain't No Party Like A Mad Scientist Party

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:28 pm
User Image

A'kigeni was studying moss, observing the way fungus grew up the side of the trees and trying to discern whether or not it could be used as a poison. Not that he planned to kill anyone specific, per say, but it would be easier to catch prey if he could poison their drinking water and scoop up the leftovers. That would probably also kill him though, so more tests would have to be conducted.

It would also mean no one in his family would be able to use said water supply, so that was probably a terrible idea when he thought about it like that.

"That won't do, that won't do..." He mumbled to himself, scratching at his head again as he peered at the ants who crawled up the moss. They certainly weren't eating it, which said a lot. Ants ate almost anything. He had that in common with them. "Would that I had a tiny stomach like you... it would be much simpler..." He said, lowering his claw and letting a string of them climb onto his paw.

Then he promptly ate them. Snack time!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:35 pm
User Image

Dysis had slipped away from the colony she now called home, it was in the middle of a dense forest where she spent most of her time leaping from tree to tree. It was great living in the forrest and she had even mostly adjusted to living with others around her at all hours of the day.

She came out of the edge of the forrest into a field that had some flowers. She wasn't particularly observant so she didn't even both looking around for anyone else who might be in the area. No today she was looking for some flowers, that she had learned that if she mixed with some herbs she had back at the colony created a sparkle effect as they sizzled. She had definitely decided that she needed more of them.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:45 am
One thing that living with a family of mass murderers had done for A'k was make him very observant, even outside his work. He was good at knowing when someone was close by, someone who might be able to hurt him... and sometimes it could be very pleasant (especially if he was alone), whereas if his family around his father was more liable to rip someone in half. Nasty business that.

Tasty, tasty, nasty business.

"Hello there." He said, looking up from his moss and waving his paw. "I thought I was alone. Terribly sorry miss. I didn't want to startle you." He wondered if she knew much about the plant life in the area. It was all very new to him... and she did seem to be looking at flowers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 pm
Dysis studied the leopard that had began to speak to her. She hadn't been in the colony very long but she was fairly certain that he wasn't from the colony. No no she would remember his white and green pelt it stood out quite a bit and their was no one with quite that colouring in the colony.

"I am not so easily started, it comes from years of things exploding in my face." Dysis said with a bit of a laugh. It really was lucky that Dysis had a burnt orange colour to her pelt otherwise she may have to face a lot of colouration issues when her potions went wrong and went boom in her face.

"I guess I should say sorry to you as clearly you were here first. I just came out from the colony I live in to find some flowers." she said gesturing to the flowers by her feet. "What brings you here?" she asked.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:43 pm
"Explosions?" Now THAT sounded like an awful lot of fun. And it showed on A'k's face, absolute delight growing, "Well, I was here because I was planning on making some poisons... the plant life here has several uses. Clearly blowing things up is one of them, and I wasn't even aware. I feel like I've let myself slip as a scientist if I didn't know that."

He got up, padding towards her, "I'm not from around here, just passing through. But there's a lot worth studying so I was... thinking of sticking around. I'd hate to impose on the colony though. Rudeness is... a cardinal sin according to my mother." Awkward considering that his mother also ate other leopards, but he wasn't exactly one to judge.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:05 pm
"Nope not intruding on the colony, the colony in fact is very open to new members, as long as you are not a lion and you definitely don't look like a lion." Dysis told him a giggle in her voice because she had been studying his appearance so closely before.

"Now poisons is something I don't know much about it would seem we have a bit to learn from each other." she said her tone excited. She didn't have many that she would need to poison, but it certainly didn't hurt to learn more about it, it might come in useful later.

"My explosions usually happen by mistake." Dysis admitted "But I do know they happen most often with these flowers" she said picking one up between her teeth gently to show it to him.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:15 am
A'k gingerly accepted the flower, lifting it to his nose and smelling before he nodded, "Ah yes, I know a few different mixtures involving this one... strange. Most of the time you can use it to heal, you see. I wasn't aware it could explode... that will require further study..." He trailed off, looking back at her and grinning. Someone else who understood his research. A fellow scientist? That happened so rarely it was a welcome sight.

"If you're looking for a partner in that sort of thing... I'm more than pleased to assist in making things explode. On purpose, not by accident. I consider myself a leopard of science you see, and I'd love to have someone else interested in the topic... my name is A'kigeni. A pleasure to meet you, miss...?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:42 pm
Dysis eyes filled with hope, it wasn't often that she found another who was into science like her much less one of her own species, who if she could convince him would be able to join the colony she now called home.

"I would love a science partner." Dysis exclaimed her mind was already feeling with possible experiments that she had been putting off doing because they really required two set of paws to pull of successfully.

"Oh my name is Dysis." she told him suddenly realizing that she had never managed to introduce herself. "My colony is always looking for more members, do you think you might want to come back and check it out with me?" Dysis wasn't one to beat around the bush or pretty things up, she was a straight to the point kind of girl.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:08 pm
"Could I?" A'k asked, suddenly feeling very intrigued by the whole idea. An entire pride full of leopards who were interested in science? He had no idea he wasn't alone in his search for knowledge. He hadn't known many others of his species to begin with, and he had always been the odd one in his family. "I would love to meet them. See what they're working on."

He moved forward a little more, eager to find out more. What was even better, the leopardess herself seemed to be a decent sort, and he was always willing to make a new friend. Especially one his father wouldn't try and eat.

"If you'd take me, I'd be more than happy to join you."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 am
The rust coloured spotted leopard was so happy. She had only been in the colony a short time and she had already recruited a new member. They colony had been going on and on about how they needed more numbers they should be happy with her bringing in a new member in. She was pleased with herself.

"Awesome lets go." she told him showing a rather odd chipper moment of herself. She turned tail and headed into the forest. "I hope you are comfortable on trees." she told him, the further they got into the forest the harder it was to walk by land, it was like a maze of trees.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:02 pm
"I'd be a poor scientist if I were." A'k smiled, trotting after her. This certainly did seem like an adventure worth having, and he could hardly wait to see what a group of scientists would be like.

A whole pride just like him. What could possibly be better than that?

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games