[PRP] "Uncle Octavian, where do babies come from?"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:52 pm
User Image

Servilla did not know why her Uncle had called her and Nox to a 'meeting' but she had a bad feeling about it. Usually it meant Octavian was feeling some kind of fatherly affection for his niece and nephew, which didn't make a whole lot of sense to her considering he was, in fact, their Uncle.

"What do you think he wants?" She asked her brother, trotting along towards the spot that her Uncle had indicated. She hoped it wasn't some elaborate prank, which would more or less be a waste of time... and Octavian was very good at wasting everyone's time.

User Image

Octavian was in an extremely good mood. Not just because he'd had a wonderful night with a pretty cheetah the night before, but because he did enjoy spending time with his family. This had actually been his mother's idea. That he should spend some time with the next generation and work on imparting some wisdom on them. He wasn't entirely certain this was the wisdom his mother had in mind, but meh, she should have been more specific if she wanted something.

He was still drawing a crappy picture in the dirt with a stick when his niece and nephew. They were also incredibly crude drawings, which more or less fit the topic he had chosen for his 'lessons' that day.

What was the phrase? Teach what you know? Something like that. Meh.

"Just in time!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:01 am
User Image

Nox walked along side his sister. He wasn't sure how he felt about being taught a lesson by Uncle Octavian. From what he had seen there wasn't too much the cream coloured leopard could teach them. Nox didn't judge, he wasn't as committed to the family and the pride as say his sister was but he was pretty sure he was more committed than Octavian.

"I have no idea what he has in mind, but I am sure it will be interesting." Nox said a laugh in his voice. He wasn't bothered by his uncle teaching them something useless but what would be the real entertainment would be watching how aggravated his sister got with the lesson as time went on.

When they found his uncle he smiled, "Well we would never be late." Nox said in a tone that was overly sweet, almost mocking.

"What do you have for us to learn today Uncle Tavian?" he asked.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am
"Sit down my children, sit down!" Octavian grinned, gesturing his paws wide. Ignoring the fact that neither one of the two were his children, but they were close enough so he just kind of ran with it. "Your grandmother, my mother, has determined that I should impart my knowledge on the next generation! Now, I could teach you soldiering, the ways of a warrior, or the history of the pride I suppose, those would both be excellent, but you have plenty of others who can teach you things like that, and way better. I, however, have other things I can teach you that they cannot!"

When Servilla saw the drawings she turned red and looked completely appalled, "Gods above us, Uncle Octavian! What on earth have you drawn!?" She couldn't think of anything more crude, really. Or graphic for that matter. Or poorly drawn, to top it all off. "This is disgusting!"

Octavian held up his paws, "Don't be rude, Servilla! I know for a fact that your parents have not yet told you the wonders of where babies come from. You're both adults now, I think it's about time that we knew how all this works!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:57 am
Nox didn't see the drawings till after Servilla. He let out a great laugh, they were rather crude, but also explicit all the same time. In a way he was almost impressed by it. "Oh Villa you are such a prude." he teased his sister giving her a nudge at the same time.

"You don't think that we have figured out the birds and the bees yet Uncle Tavian?" Nox hasked his uncle. "After all we have spent a great deal of time around you. Of all his aunts and uncles Octavian certainly got around the most. Nox could even recall whispered conversations between his parents about how there had been something inappropriate between them, though now didn't seem like the time to bring that up.

"Let us have it Uncle Octavian in part all the wisdom you have on us." Nox knew he was only making the situation worse but he kind of wanted to see his perfect sister squirm.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:37 am
"Well, I'm certain you two don't really need the basics, but I think it's important to know what you like! No point in spending your entire lives being miserable, you know what I mean?" He winked. "Now my mom, your gandmother, never had this talk with any of us, but my father, your grandfather, he's a good guy, he didn't mind giving the talk, you know? Being happy is important."

"Oh, Nox please don't tell me you're buying into this." Servilla sighed loudly, "This is so inappropriate I lack the words. Uncle Tavian, I think we're more than capable of figuring out what we... what we LIKE, thank you." She sighed, shaking her head. "Why is this even happening right now?"

"Hey, you don't want my advice, feel free to go. But I'm just saying, I'm a very good judge of this sort of thing, and I'm also in an incredibly good mood all the time." Octavian grinned, "This pride, our people, all our politics, it can be incredibly stressful. If we don't want to make the conversation FUN then we should at least talk about not letting ourselves get high strung. Stress makes leopards make mistakes."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:34 pm
Nox was loving it, but for all the wrong reasons. He didn't really need the lesson the Uncle Octavian was giving, Nox had long ago figured out what he liked, though he wasn't always the smoothest at getting it, he didn't have the same detachment that it seemed Octavian had mastered.

"Oh come on Servilla, this is crucial info here. Not only do we need to know what we like but we need to know how to go about repopulating the pride. Not sure if you have noticed but our numbers aren't exactly strong right now." Nox said. He was trying to make Servilla feel obligated to stay and listen it would be no fun if she stormed off in a huff, though perhaps if Servilla stormed off he and Uncle Octavian would be to get into the nitty gritty of it all.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:35 pm
Servilla hissed and sat down, feeling the sting of obligation. Nox wasn't wrong. If he had been wrong she could have just left and that would have made her life a million times easier.

"Fine." She sat down in a huff, bristling. "But for the record, this is NOT an appropriate conversation."

Octavian grinned, slapping Nox on the back, "Now there's a boy with a good head on his shoulders. First step to getting what you want! Be smart. Now, both of you are smart so that's not difficult. The second step is what you just did, Nox. Be right. If you're right, you have the high ground. Just like hunting."

"Oh yes, because simply being right is enough to make someone want you." Servilla snapped, trying not to comment on her own romantic feelings to a certain someone...

"Did Atia teach you nothing? Truth is relative." Octavian grinned. "I wouldn't have though either you would ignore that. Know what you want the truth to be, and find a way to make that reality." He shrugged, "Your grammy and I just do it in a different way." And he supposed it made both of them happy.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:45 pm
Nox was quite pleased with himself. He hadn't entirely been sure that he would be able to force Servilla to stay. He supposed her should never underestimate certain families commitment to the pride. He coughed when Nox slapped him on the back and gave his uncle a nod.

"Being right is everything Serville, come on now you know that." he said with a laugh. "Besides... lets be realistic here... you don't need to be in love to do the deed. Repopulation and sex isn't love... its sex." Nox knew that there were very few family members who actually believed in love in the family. Sex was for repopulation and satisfaction, and marriage, marriage was a contract, a way to get what you wanted from another family, usually power but not always.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:29 am
"Family is all that matters." When it came to love, that was what Servilla believed anyway. She knew Nox was right, and she was glad that he had been paying attention at least. They did need to repopulate, so she supposed for once her Uncle and Nox might be able to make a... useful contribion to the pride. That she would no doubt have to help deal with so they didn't turn out like their fathers. "Fine. Whatever. Just try not to make this weird."

Too late.

Octavian beamed, "See, look at that? Family working together. Same goals, same intent, everything will be fine! Love is a whole different ball game we won't get into. I mean, I don't know if your parents loved each other," He'd never actually asked his sister before she left, "but in marriage you love each other for different reasons. You have the same goal: To ensure the family survives. Even if you're not the heir, you support them and your Senator no matter what. So be nice to your grandma, or she'll be pissed."

He waved his paw, "But! We're not here for a civics lesson, kids."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:54 pm
The indigo male wrinkled his nose this was taking a turn that he wasn't so sure he was willing to sit still for. He got more than enough civics lessons from grandma and uncle Augustus, this was not what he signed up for.

He decided to change the direction of the conversation. He was pretty sure it would send his sister screaming but it was worth it. "So uncle Tavian from your wise wisdom, what species is the best? Lioness? Leopardess? Cheetah? You know just for science reasons, I think I will be heading out into the rogue lands soon to conduct some of my own experiments. He offered Octavian a wink. He hoped he egged it along.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:28 am
Servilla made a disgusted noise. "Nox, that is disgusting!"

Octavian, of course, carefully considered it rather than dismissing it. "It depends on what you're looking for. Leopards are like us, you know? Same build, same structure... lions, now, lions are bigger. Tougher. Good for a tumble, you know? A little rougher. Cheetahs are skinny. Lithe." He grinned, ignoring when Servilla made yet another disgusted noise.

"It's not so much better, kiddo. Anyone can be good, if they know what they're doing. It's what you're into. I myself am into whatever's fun, and thus am rarely disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:07 pm
"Hmmm so lioness it is for me I think." Nox said without missing a beat. "Well I think that is good enough for me, I've got all the information I need. Now for the field tests." Nox said rising to his feet. He had a grin on his face from ear to ear, excited to get out there and find some ladies.

"Thanks for the lesson Uncle Octavian. Servilla its always a pleasure, you probably shouldn't expect me back for a few days." he said before getting up to his feet and heading towards the border of the their little territory a bounce in his step. He was making a grand exit all for the sake of Servilla, he figured he would get a lecture when he got back but it was worth the fun now he figured.

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:00 pm
"Yes, I think that's quite enough. And if you DO decide to find yourself a lioness, just try and damn well remember what grandma will have to say about it!" Servilla snapped after him, disliking even the thought really. Their grandmother was, after all, Caesar now. Her opinion was all that mattered... and her opinion of hybrids was unpleasant to say the least.

"Yeah, I suppose there is that. Eh, well." Octavian shrugged, "No accounting for taste, Servilla." He glanced over at his niece, who still looked absolutely miserable. "You don't have to live in a cage, love. That's all this has ever been about. You can fall in love, you can still have your cake and eat it too. I mean, I probably won't, but you know how it goes." He shrugged, seeming happy enough, getting up and heading on his way.

"I want you to be happy, kitten. You, your brother, even your mom."

Servilla scowled slightly, shaking her head. "Big idiot, uncle Octavian. I am happy. Always have been. Always will be." She turned and headed on her own way. She didn't need to be told how to live her life.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games