Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:28 pm
User Image

Haddi was having a wonderful time. He'd managed to befriend a herd of elephants, of all things. Their size meant that they were less intimidated by his natural size, being a god, and their species made them less afraid of his feline nature. Over time, he and the matriarch had become quite good friends. He found the herd a peaceful place to go to spend time, and had been known to come to them when troubled. Today was not one of those instances, however.

Today, he'd just felt like relaxing with long-time companions. He currently was sprawled on the ground, body completely at ease. In contrast to his posture, his eyes and expression were alert and focused, intent on the ground before him. Across from him, the herd's matriarch was serenely gazing at the same patch of ground. Between them there were large seed pods and rocks scattered in what appeared to be a random fashion. That is, until Haddi reached a paw and pushed one of his seed pods to a new position. "Ha, I've got you!" Without a word, the elephant stretched out her trunk and immediatley moved one of the rocks, setting it down with firm conviction.

"Augh! You did it to me again!" the striped lion cried, dramatically throwing himself back and miming having taken a death blow. "I conede! Mercy!" At the sound of giggles, he sat up and mock-growled at a huddle of elephant calves, sending them scattering with gleeful squeals and trumpetings. "I thank you for the game, madam," he addressed the matriarch more formally, rising to bow to her. She tousled his hair affectionately with her trunk then turned to follow the calves back to the herd. Haddi smiled as they left, then sat down with a touch of glum. Now what?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:59 pm
Talencia

Jeng was surprised to see a group of elephants hanging around with what seemed to be another God. They did not seem too worried about him, going about their day with the casual air elephants always had. Nothing could really hurt them, after all, and they did not have a reason to fear most predators.

Gods were big enough, and certainly mighty enough, to cause some trouble for them, but none of the elephants gave the male a second look. It was like he was one of them.

Wait, what was going on?

The lion was rolling around now, as if in pain, and Jeng could not help but draw closer. There was an interesting story here, no doubt. She was the type that liked to collect stories just as much as she liked to share them, and this one promised to be something good!

By the time she reached the pair, though, the god was bowing and the biggest elephant was leaving.

"What was that? Are you alright?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:03 pm
Lithiasaur

His ears pricked within his mussed blue mane before he turned with bright green eyes to see who had spoken. His delight at seeing another god was clear as he rose to his paws once more. "Ah, company! Welcome, mistress!" He gave her a deep but rather silly bow, peering up at her to wink playfully before standing again. "Never fear, I was never in any danger." He tossed his head back towards the matriarch, which made his mane fall in his eyes. "Mother Elephant would never harm a hair on me." He flashed the goddess a grin and leaned forward to speak in a mock whisper, "She'd have her herd do it for her!"

With a laugh waved a dismissive paw. "No no, things are honestly just fine. I was playing a game with her, and she almost always wins, even when I think I've cornered her with something new." He ruminative look washed his face of playfulness for a moment. "I suspect she's able to see clearer than I am, for all that she's a mortal. I tend to get distracted, and she is a very wise and aged creature." His face broke into a grin again though, as if he could not help himself but smile. "My theatrics prove I'm youthful at heart, and perhaps in mind as well, giving her the advantage in a serious game. Do you like games, mistress...," he paused, leaving it hanging, expression inquiring as he peered into her cowl.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 am
Talencia

Jeng watched him thoughtfully, takings stock of everything about him as quickly as she could.

She was the master of taking mental notes, and she did so to make sure her stories were detailed and accurate, when she went to retell them. Her favorite kind of story was the one based in fact, but elaborated by her own creativity. She needed characters for those, and of course, if they really were the main character of the real life event, so much the better.

This story seemed interesting enough, she doubted she would have to change much, anyway.

"You were playing a game with an elephant?" Jeng said, skeptical in a very slight way, only because it sounded so strange to her ears. She was, however, more than willing to believe him. "My name is Jeng, and I don't think I would mind games. I don't play many, I'll admit. Mostly, I travel around and tell stories to anyone who will listen. Well, not anyone. Sometimes I like having a method to it. Anyway, tell me more about this game you were playing!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:36 am
Lithiasaur

"Indeed I was!" he replied enthusiastically, flipping one wing open before settling it again. "Elephants can be quite playful! Though," he paused again thoughtfully, "I don't think I'd want to describe Mother Elephant as playful, exactly. Maybe she was when she was young." He flashed her a bright smile as she introduced herself. "Pleased to meet you, Jeng. May I hazard a guess that you rule over the domain of Stories?" Her dangly jewelry fascinated him as it swung and blinked with her movements, a contrast to the muted, mysterious way she had the hood over her hair. "I am Haddi, and Games are my specialty."

He raised his eyebrows at her entreaty to explain the game he'd invented for playing with the pachyderm matriarch. Often he found that other gods were bored by his games, or considered him foolish and shallow. That wasn't to say he wasn't foolish and shallow in some form or fashion, but it was pleasant to run into one of his own kind who actually was interested. "If I explain the game, will you share one of your stories with me?" He tipped his head enticingly, considering it only fair that the interest was returned. Besides, tales could be quite exciting and thrilling!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 am
Talencia

Jeng shook her head and laughed, smiling brightly.

"What an interesting story you must have! Not just this one, but many! You seem to be very curious, I have to say. Games is a very interesting domain, certainly! It must be a lot of fun."

She was immediately interested in talking to him more, and learning as much as she could.

"Oh, yes, of course, I am the Goddess of Stories. Sorry, as it turns out, I'm not the best about talking about myself! I'd much rather listen to you, but I have plenty of other stories to share with you. I'd love to hear about this game, or anything else you want to tell me."

She chuckled and scooted closer to him, looking absolutely enraptured and seriously listening to him. Her ears were perked forward, eyes set on him.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:46 pm
Lithiasaur

He had a silly half-grin on his face as she described him as curious. He supposed that could apply to him several ways, but she at least seemed to think of it as a good thing, and that was enough for him. He nodded his head in eager agreement at her suggestion that his domain was full of fun, so much so that his mane fell in his eyes again in a boyish manner. "Oh yes, I think it grand fun. I get to meet and get to know people of all kinds, from toddling cub to oldest spinster." He cast a look back again at the elephant herd, his expression fond. "It's easy to make friends when you have a love of games." Granted, he'd seen some games that turned his stomach, and weren't the sort he'd go in for at all, but that was an unpleasant and unwelcome thought, so he pushed it away.

It amused him that she seemed to prefer collecting stories to telling them. He supposed that was fair, though... he rather enjoyed inventing games, didn't he? It was nearly more fun to make them up than it was to actually play them. Though his favorite thing was learning games others had invented, like that kikombe game that pride was based around! What a blast... but here he was, ruminating while she'd asked to learn about the game!

"It's actually kind of complicated," he admitted uncertainly. "Two players choose either seed pods or stones. The different sizes of the pieces are allowed to move in different ways." He gestured to the area where the pieces had done battle. He described the various moves, indicating where they had begun and how it had ended. "It's sort of like watching a war in slow motion, I guess," he ended lamely, thinking how he'd veered back to the unpleasant again. He huffed an unhappy breath and then looked back at her apologetically. "Not the most exciting thing, I'm afraid. Mother Elephant is the only one who plays this one with me. Everyone else gets bored too soon."

He shrugged to show he was alright with that, then waved a paw her direction. "What sort of stories do you like best? Kingdoms in the clouds? Valiant lions saving delicate princesses?" He gazed into the distance as he imagined what all could be stored in Jeng's memory. "Woeful abandoned cubs who are adopted as princes? Or maybe bold battles between good and evil?" He paused again with a faint frown. Why did he keep coming back to that?!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:58 pm
Talencia

Jeng smiled brightly, wondering if games were just another way of telling stories. They seemed to walk hand in hand, after all, and in this world, a lot of imagination was necessary to make games fun. This guy must have had a ton of it, to be able to make games that Elephants would want to play with him.

She had never even spoken to an Elephant before, and never really considered doing so.

Listening intently to his explanation of the game, she nodded her head along with him, envisioning the game as he described it and able to see it being played in her head. She was not sure she would be very good at it, but it did sound like a challenging and fun kind of thing. Elephants were surprisingly smart, if they could play that and beat him at it, when he was the one that made it.

"It sounds complicated, but like some fun! Perhaps if there was more of a story behind why the pieces interact the way they do, and what makes them want to defeat each other..."

His question made her smile, though, and she shook her head.

"I love all stories! Even the ones others might think are boring. I love to listen, and see the way telling those stories makes someone feel, makes them look. You can learn so much about a lion or a creature just in the telling of a story, more than the words in it. And I try to pass that on to others, if I can. Histories, personal tales... things based in truth: that is where my stories always begin."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:52 pm
Lithiasaur

He regarded her solemnly, his recurring trend to think of battles and war on his mind. There was much good in the world, and that was he generally preferred to think on. Bright, glorious, sweet moments of life that were to be savored like spring rain. But the truth of it was, these were made brighter and sweeter only by the dark times, and many of those dark times were what led to games like the one he'd played with Mother Elephant.

"Truth sometimes is less enjoyable than imagination," he said quietly, eyes resting soberly on the game area. "I can easily imagine what would stir one pride to attack another, and few of the reasons are good." He reached to flick one of his seed pods out of place. "Greed, hatred, jealousy, or just pure evil." He took a slow breath and brought his gaze back to her lovely eyes. "But even these dark stories... I guess they have great value too, don't they? To teach, to warn, to learn how to better ourselves. You have a weighty domain, lady Jeng. I admire you for it." His words were honest and genuine, lacking the frivolity that he usually kept about himself. He found her quite thought-provoking in all the best ways.

He shook himself suddenly, like a wild dog shedding water from a sudden rain shower. "But come," he said more animatedly, "shall we walk and exchange stories? I'm sure I have many I could amuse you with." Time enough later, perhaps, for the less happy stories. For now, he wanted to forget the darker side of life, and simply enjoy the company of so amicable a companion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm
Talencia

"They do, because they often lead to much better things. Adversity leads to the greatest of heroes, and the best stories, you know? There's always good to rise up when things seem their worst. At least, that's what I've been able to see, so far. But I don't have much experience with it, really."

She blushed under her fur over his compliment, bowing her head a bit and letting her head obscure her face for a moment. She was embarrassed! It was not every day that anyone noticed her domain could actually be important. Generally, she was just regarded as a fun goddess. Which was true, but she did try to teach and learn as much as she could.

It was a relief to see him brighten, and she decided she preferred him looking that way. As nice as it was to see his serious side for a moment, his fun and happy one was what had drawn her to him in the first side. She smiled brightly at him, though still looked a bit bashful.

"Maybe we could make a game of it, exchanging stories or something. Who knows? I've never tried before, but then, I've never had the inspiration before. I'd be more than happy to walk with you for a while, and see what we come up with."

She moved forward and looked back at him expectantly, nodding her head a bit to indicate that he could follow her. It would be nice to keep company with someone, she felt, and he was a surprising find that she did not want to lose track of in a hurry.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas