Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Mara Dae, Sun Hunter [ready]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

esmelusina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 pm
User Image
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Mara Dae
Nicknames:
Category: Sun

The Weapon
Name: Esurisne
Nicknames: The Gourmand
Type of Weapon: Bident
Former species of weapon: Naga

Personalities:
Mara's unwelcome 'sight' shuffled her previously human life through the sieve of social institutions and foster care. Her persistent anxiety and otherwise innocuous demeanor is interrupted only by the occasional reminders from others that she really should get used to sleeping in her dorm, in a bed, at night, after showering. Her motivations in life primarily revolve around avoiding obligations- this lethargy is curbed only by meeting whatever requirements are necessary to acquire meat-like substances and meet the demands of her Weapon. She longs for friendship and the opportunity to feel relied upon, but doesn't acclimate well to nuanced social environments. Her attempts to communicate or socialize tend to fail miserably.

Esurisne is primarily interested in exploiting Mara's willful ignorance and self-preservation instinct for opportunities to explore the vast range of opportunities for monster-meat exposure (Mara postulates that Esurisne's demands for 'sustenance' are primarily 'liturgical' or 'cosmetic'). The Gourmand quickly quells Mara's philosophical musings, thoughts, or questions with mostly inapplicable and inaccurate conjecture that Mara typically fails to understand or fails to properly associate with the correct concepts. Together-- philosophy, history, and comprehensible rationalizations of anything tend to lack any apparent consistency. Despite this, the duality shares an unfathomable logic that enables a methodical execution of duties without asking questions.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
Mara's failure to rationalize her 'sight' left her migrating in the company of homeless schizophrenics throughout the Northwestern United States. A vagabond from youth, she failed to create any meaningful social connections or develop a healthy sense of self. Failing to fit in and always hungry, it was ultimately Mara's tendency to selectively filter information that led her to make the decision to join (FREE FOOD?).

Weapon Ability
Double-Take: Esurisne's mild poisons paralyze the target's chronoception; rendering them briefly unaware of the immediate present.

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour/Style: Brown/Shaggy- face heavily obscured.
Skin Colour: Olive
Clothing Style/Colours: Mara tends to wear baggy rags; making it difficult to determine her age or gender. Her child-like posture gaits with the gravity and lumber of ancients.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:20 pm
Hi there! Welcome to TiH! biggrin

Personality > How does Mara react to authority figures / possible Suffering on missions and painful excursions?

Weapon > Species and everything is fine! Out of curiosity, where does "The Gourmand" come in as a nickname?

Weapon ability > I"m not actually certain about this, only because it almost infringes on another player's perceptions, but lemme pass it onto an admin to get their input (since I'm totally not sure)!

Overall, I think she seems very well-rounded and very interesting!

esmelusina

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:34 pm
quietly and also creepily whispers "hi esme"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:07 pm
kuuropii
Hi there! Welcome to TiH! biggrin

Hi! I'm totally new to Gaia and RP in this format, but it seems like a lot of fun. I hope that I have time to be pretty active.

Quote:

Personality > How does Mara react to authority figures / possible Suffering on missions and painful excursions?

Authority figures? Mara's poor ability to provide feedback make it difficult to tell whether she's understood her roles and obligations. She isn't opposed to authority; it just tends to not feel confident giving her important or complicated missions.

Pain? She tends to get quiet and distant when she's upset and suffering. She may abandon duties if situations are too trying. in the case of something like torture-- she probably screams real loud.

Quote:
Weapon > Species and everything is fine! Out of curiosity, where does "The Gourmand" come in as a nickname?

Esurisne is actually latin for "You hungry?" Esurisne's hunger didn't subside after becoming a weapon-- she desperately tries to sate said hunger via illogical schemes that tend to coincide with mission objectives. I'm thinking about letting her previous 'diet' be something open-ended to explore, but I think I've already decided on her being a chronovore (consumer of time >__>, whatever that means). As a weapon she's not really capable of understanding exactly why she's 'hungry' or what exactly she's hungry for, so part of her RP would be exploring her curiosity. If it goes down the time-eating route, I might try to make a case for her Naga ancestors inheriting this peculiar diet from ties to Ouroboros.

Quote:
Weapon ability > I"m not actually certain about this, only because it almost infringes on another player's perceptions, but lemme pass it onto an admin to get their input (since I'm totally not sure)!

That was something I was kind of confused about. The Double-Take ability says that the opponent struck loses a turn-- the Bident weapon choice fits with snake themes (fangs, bifurcated tongue, etc), so I thought it would be neat to explain the effect as a poison.

Quote:
Overall, I think she seems very well-rounded and very interesting!

Thanks!  

esmelusina

esmelusina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:13 pm
pinchmonster
quietly and also creepily whispers "hi esme"

*blushes* -- You had me at creepily heart .  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games