Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
very early foreshadowing...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

surf_diva

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:23 pm
I'm watching the 1st Harry Potter movie right now, and the Hogwarts Express has just arrived at Hogwarts. Well, on the train Ron demonstrates (or tries to) the spell that Fred and George taught him for Scabbers, but it doesn't works. "sunshine, daisies, butter, mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!"
But scabbers isn't a rat....is the spell fake, or the rat?

(btw I'd heard this somewhere before, but it's been a while since I thought about it.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:34 pm
good reading, makes me think Ron's more able than I thought he was.  

ofbittersweetmemories

covo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:41 pm
Cool, I never thought/realized that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:18 pm
surf_diva
I'm watching the 1st Harry Potter movie right now, and the Hogwarts Express has just arrived at Hogwarts. Well, on the train Ron demonstrates (or tries to) the spell that Fred and George taught him for Scabbers, but it doesn't works. "sunshine, daisies, butter, mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!"

(btw I'd heard this somewhere before, but it's been a while since I thought about it.)

um...i never thought of that...
the spell might be real becaz most ppl on here already no hes not a rat hes a person
and the spell says :trun this stuiped fat RAT:
its kind of like hermione and when she tried to use the pollyjusie(i no i cant spell sry people!)

but other people say:::

the spell should of worked becaz he was a rat at that point...
so the spell had to be made up...
are ron just didnt do it right

but 4 meh its all confuseing ^_^
lol
.::...::.hermione.::...::.  

Hermione__Granger

surf_diva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:35 pm
Hermione__Granger
surf_diva

um...i never thought of that...
the spell might be real becaz most ppl on here already no hes not a rat hes a person
and the spell says :trun this stuiped fat RAT:
its kind of like hermione and when she tried to use the pollyjusie(i no i cant spell sry people!)

but other people say:::

the spell should of worked becaz he was a rat at that point...
so the spell had to be made up...
are ron just didnt do it right

but 4 meh its all confuseing ^_^
lol
.::...::.hermione.::...::.

However, in book 3, isn't there a part in hte Shrieking Shack where Lupin and Sirius perform a test to see if Scabbers is a rat or not? They said that if he was a rat then it wouldn't hurt him, but if he was Peter then they'd be able to find out. But he was a rat when they performed the spell, but it affected him. I think that spells intended for certain animals wouldn't work for an Animagus.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:00 pm
instead of dancing alone -

that is a good point. ^^
i think it was just a faulty spell though.
sort of like "hocus pocus".
because it rhymes, we think it should be a spell. :b the little poem that fred and george gave ron rhymed and all, but was not like any other spell we see in the series. -shrugs-

- i should be dancing with you

[ Voldemort ]

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100

midget pandas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:58 am
i realized it. Then I figured it out. It really is a real spell, but Scabbers isn't a real rat.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games