Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Hikaru Angelic Layer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Earyn

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:16 pm
I'm finally starting to try and make my Hikaru outfit and will probably post back here often over the process. Right now, I'm wondering the best way to go about the main bodysuit. I have a solid red leotard that goes up neck; would it be better to use fabric paint and paint the black part or try and sew black fabric on it by hand?

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:57 am
Hello Earyn,

I saw this thread and I let our Crew Members know that you need help in making your Hikaru Cosplay outfit. I'm sure that one or several of them will help you out and answer your questions. Thanks for asking for our help. This is one of the things that we can do for our Guild members is to help them with making their Cosplay outfit. Good luck on your outfit and as you indicated feel free to post more info and photos of your progress in making this outfit. Their are a few members in the Guild that have yet to make their first Cosplay outfit. Seeing what someone has done to create theirs can inspire or motivate someone to make their own. Especially if they are not sure if they could make theirs or not.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:15 am
Earyn

Hey! I can't wait to see how your cosplay turned out!

In all of the Hikaru Angelic Layer cosplays I have seen, I've noticed people sewing on black fabric, rather than fabric paint. It also depends on the material of the red leotard. I find some materials bleed if you paint them (the lines tend to not be straight and bleed into the rest of the material). That's what I have noticed on my end. So, I would suggest to buy the same material as the red, and somehow try to sew or glue it on to the red leotard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 am
smithers456

Thank you smile

Starz-N-Madness
Earyn

In all of the Hikaru Angelic Layer cosplays I have seen, I've noticed people sewing on black fabric, rather than fabric paint. It also depends on the material of the red leotard. I find some materials bleed if you paint them (the lines tend to not be straight and bleed into the rest of the material). That's what I have noticed on my end. So, I would suggest to buy the same material as the red, and somehow try to sew or glue it on to the red leotard.

Thank you. I was also worried about the ink bleeding on the fabric, but I'm not much of a sewer. Still, I'll try finding a match and sewing it since stitches come out easier than paint lol smile  

Earyn

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:40 am
Earyn

Thank you. I was also worried about the ink bleeding on the fabric, but I'm not much of a sewer. Still, I'll try finding a match and sewing it since stitches come out easier than paint lol smile

You're welcome! I know sewing bodysuits can be tricky, but I think it is a lot better than painting them, especially if you ever want to reuse the body suit for something else, and wanting perfectly crisp lines.

If you need any ore suggestions, feel free to ask (:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:29 am
Earyn
smithers456

Thank you smile

Starz-N-Madness
Earyn

When sewing fabric onto your body suit, I'd highly recommend making a pattern using your current body suit, either on butcher paper or newspaper. It'll help you get your portioning correct.

Good luck and have fun!!!!  

xinitia

Crew

Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas