Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Hunteress on the Prowl (Giada x Keito)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:03 pm
User Image

Giada had been all over the place. She was quite pleased with how things were going for her as of lately. She had met a fine little hybrid taught him how to hunt better, gave him a litter of cubs then moved on her way. Now she was roaming the rouge lands. She had heard whispers of a new cheetah pride coming into being and from the sounds of it, it would be the perfect fit for her. There was just one problem though, from what she had heard it was not only hard to find but hard to gain entrance.

Today though she was on the hunt. She had found a wonderful heard of gazelles grazing in some long grass. She moved slowly through it waiting to one of the younger, all be it strong bucks to wonder away. She could always count on the cockiness of a young male. She moved swiftly from that moment and leapt from the grass taking the buck down in one grand motion. The rest of the heard scattered but it hardly mattered she had caught her prize. It was silly of her really every time she went hunting she insisted on capturing the largest one she could, but she was only one mouth to feed.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:09 am
User Image

The heavily scarred Cheetah male was also on the prowl for food, though he was the other side of the herd. He had kept himself low to the ground as he approached, his eyes scanning the herd for the best one to try and isolate and take down. He hadn't yet made his choice when she struck, and the herd scattered.

The herd, in it's attempt to flee, almost trampled over him, but considering how springy the gazelles were, they mostly leaped straight over him. One kicked him in the shoulder as it flew past however, and Keito growled in annoyance. It was only after the herd had scattered that he noticed Giada; realising that it was her that had ruined his hunt, however he couldn't be annoyed at her for it. He didn't begrudge another for hunting.

He sighed and rose to his paws, stretching his now bruised shoulder, more angry at the gazelle.

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:24 pm
Giada was about to bow her head and enjoy her meal when she heard someone else coming her way. She looked up to see the dark coloured cheetah with scars all over his body coming her way. She offered him a smile. Giada use to be a lot less friendly but age had given her a bit of a softer sport. Her concern was that others at least tried, she could teach anyone if they were willing to at least attempt to hunt.

When she saw that the male was covered in scares she knew that that must mean he was a good warrior, he had certainly gotten in his fair share of fights and he had clearly at least done well enough to be able to walk away from them as here he was before her.

"Hello. I do hope I didn't disturb your hunting attempts." Giada said. Though she was actually pretty happy that she had managed to take down a large buck and here he was with none.

"If you were hungry I could share with you." she offered with a smile.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Keito was amused at the female's comment. It was pretty obvious that she had ruined his hunting attempt, but she didn't seem particularly concerned about it. Good. There was no point being apologetic in survival. Keito was not the sweetest male around, he had done terrible things in his past, which was why he was marred for life by the scars on his body. He wouldn't apologise for any of it though.

"If I was not hungry, I would not have been hunting," he said simply. Although he had done terrible things in the past, he had never been the type to kill for no reason. There had always been something to be gained for the death. He raised a brow at the female. "I would be impressed if you could finish that buck on your own, and would happily give up on sharing it if I could only witness such an accomplishment."

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:55 pm
Giada rolled her eyes. The male was clearly being an a**, sour over the fact that she had wrecked his attempts at hunting by being faster. Males rarely were able to handle the fact that females were frequently better and stronger.

She let out a great sigh, "You know you are being ridiculous right? You have admitted that you are hungry, and you have acknowledged that I clearly have more meat than I need here. So why don't you suck it up and eat?" She bent her head to the buck taking a few bites while she waited to see if the male would suck it up and or if he was going to continue acting like a child.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:12 pm
Keito was amused at her response. Ha. He liked this female. "Well if you insist," he remarked, and settled himself at the other side of the buck. "Is this where we are supposed to exchange pleasantries?" He asked, raising his brow as he tore into some of the meat.

Keito was not really a chatty person, and he had become less chatty in recent years. Since he had been betrayed by the female he had rescued, he had become even more reluctant to form connections. If she insisted on chatting while they ate, he would do it.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 pm
Giada did nothing to hide her smirk when the male bent to tear into the meat. She was glad that he could see their was no flaw in her logic. She took a few more bites herself not bothering to answer his question at first. She wasn't exactly the chatty sort either, in fact she would be completely happy to eat in complete silence and then head on her way pretending like she had never met the male.

However, she was curious about his scars. If it weren't for his attitude he was a male she could actually imagine being with the rest of her life. Assuming her assumptions about him were correct.

"Well I suppose names would at least be civil. We don't have to go beyond that if we don't want to." she said tearing another strip off the buck. "My name is Giada." she told him.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:08 am
Keito inclined his head at her comments. "I suppose that would be the most polite thing to do," he agreed. He contemplated giving a fake name, he had gone by a lot of names in the past, some with very bad memories attached to them, but as he eyed her, he figured that it would not be a mistake to tell her the truth. "My name is Keito."

It was rare that he went by his true name. In fact, he felt like it had been years, since when he spent time with his siblings back before he left the pride and the mission he had been on went completely pear-shaped and ended with some of his worst scars. He shifted his shoulder, rolling it in the joint, where one of his large scars ran.

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:15 am
Giada didn't respond to him giving her his name right away. She didn't want to seem eager to make any sort of conversation. So instead she bent her head and ripped a few more pieces of meet from the body. they were making fast work of eating up the buck.

"Very good Keito. Well I hope you enjoyed your meal." She said, she considered apologizing for wrecking his hunt but she decided that she had more than made up for it with the free meal he had gotten from him.

She looked over the carcass noting that she had now eaten a little over half. She probably needed less than what she had taken but she wanted to make sure she had the bigger portion. Dragging a piece of the pelt that was left over she looked up at him again, "Well I am off. Whatever is left here is for you to do what you want with." she told him.

With that she flipped the pelt over her shoulders and walked away. It wasn't clean and she could feel blood soaking into her fur but it didn't matter she would string the pelt up to dry and take a dip in a river to get rid of the blood. Then she would have a great piece of pelt to keep warm with or trade.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Keito was pleased when she did not rush into conversation; it was one of the things he was good at though, faking conversations. He was good at lying when it came down to it, but he was tired and he didn't want to do that right now. As she rose and took a slab of the pelt, he inclined his head to her. He would clean up the rest of the pelt and take it with him, likely to trade it with some other creature later for other resources.

"Farewell Giada," he said simply, unconcerned to wish her luck or say it was nice to meet her. To some it might have felt rude, but to Keito it just felt honest. She had ruined his hunt, though she shared her kill with him, so he couldn't say it had been the most amazing meeting he had ever had.

He lowered his head to the buck again, eating it and watching her leave with half lidded eyes.

nessiaing
Fin!

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas