Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:17 pm
User Image

"Look at me, life hates me and I'm butt hurt. I'm too much of a man to talk about my problems so I bundle them up until I pop. A lion didn't take my eye, it was just bullshit that built up and popped it out!"

Xiu's mocking masculine tone was severed by a derisive snort. Ever since speaking with Ai the other day she hadn't been able to let it go. He was just so...so...horrible! The striped medic snipped a few herbs with her teeth and leaned back among the tall grass with a huff. She shouldn't let it get to her; this wasn't there first encounter and it wouldn't be their last. As a medic she had a sworn duty to care for the ailing, which not only included the stubborn Ai, but his sick, depressed mother. The poor creature was a waif in the wind at this point.

What she needed was a break, or better yet, someone else to take him off her paws.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:57 pm
Painted Moose
Let's just say she's been gone for a couple of weeks like usual since she's a story teller. c:

Moving around the colony was easier as she grew older. Now that Sayuri was old enough she could officially declare a title of story teller for herself. Even if her family disapproved the young leopardess felt no fear in speaking up for herself. It was hard enough to continue living in a place that had done her family so wrong, but at least visiting the rogue lands helped numb the pain.

She was doubting that she was truly ready to return to visit home when the mocking tones drifted towards her. A sly smile crossed her features at the realization of the target. Who else after all had lost an eye? The only question was exactly who it was that was mocking her brother. Maybe I have been gone for so long that there are too many new faces for me?

Curious about who could be speaking Sayuri crept forward to try peeking through the trees.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:02 pm
Sabra Knight

"Oooh, I'm so fancy with my mystery wrap." Xiu made a sweeping motion back across her maw, whipping her head as if she had a fancy head dress on. "You can't see through to my core, which is as rotten as fermented fruit." The striped leopardess grumbled under her breath a few unintelligible words, mostly curses as she snipped at the herbs.

"Every time I saw I'm not going to think about it, I do." Which only made her grumble more. Xiu was a very pleasant leopardess with a flirty disposition, but he seemed to bring out a demon in her. He reminded her too much of the haunts she had run from for the young female to simply forget him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:12 pm
Painted Moose

Definitely Ai. Sayuri let out a low whistle as the mumbling continued. She had enough to go on by now so surely making her presence known was nothing big. Though it was fun to watch how frustrated this leopard was with her brother, "You must really worry about Ai to get so worked up."

Standing tall Sayuri moved through the grasses to approach the other leopard, "So I'm guessing he hasn't changed since I last left then." Her gaze was bright and teasing as she moved to sit down and wipe a paw across her face. There was so much dust in the rogue lands where the grass grew sparse. Nothing was like the rich forest of her home where she felt the most comfortable.

It was strange how the place she adored the most couldn't even keep her paws tied down.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:25 pm
Sabra Knight

Xiu snapped to attention with a shocked gasp. What clippings she had picked up in her maw were dropped around her paws. "O-oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been talking about him like that. It was cruel." She hurriedly tried to cover herself. The leopardess was obviously one of Sche's cubs, who else would have that coloring, and so she was a sister to the b*****d - erm, Ai.

After a while Xiu let down the barrier and sighed while running a paw over her head. "I am worried for him...though it's not like I haven't tried helping him." She amended indignantly. Xiu didn't want to seem like she was getting too soft around him; the male still annoyed her. "He's stubborn and defensive. Very much concerned about his family, but any time I talk to him he gets...well, he's like a badger with stripes." The striped leopardess said it with a huff, but even she couldn't help giggling at the image. "I don't know what he has against me; and he won't say! Ua can treat his eye with minimal fuss, but me-" She blew a raspberry. "-not happening."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:44 pm
Painted Moose

Sayuri laughed at the female's reaction, "It's nothing to apologize for. Seeing how flustered he has you I'm certain he deserves every tidbit of it." Her voice was warm and her laughter like soft chimes as she reflected over some of the mutterings she had just heard. Rather than being offended at the insults towards her brother she found it more reassuring. It was nice knowing that there was someone who paid enough attention to him to get bothered by his stubborn ways.

"But he's perfectly fine on his own right?" The question was light as Sayuri nodded her head, "He's a tough male after all and obviously must take all of the burdens on his own shoulders." Her rose gaze gleamed, "Don't take it personally it's a family trait. A lot of us apparently are stubborn fools." A glimmer of a smile sneaked across her features, "Don't worry you just have to be stubborn back. Ua's our sister she's had plenty of practice getting under his skin. So don't take it to heart as I'm sure he would chase off any other medic trying to tend to him."

Sayuri laughed, "I guess you just have to pin down the 'badger' until he finally accepts that you are giving him his treatment." Her tail flicked teasingly into the air, "If you need I can teach you some pinning moves that might work on your desired 'patient'. Maybe that could help a bit?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 pm
Sabra Knight

"Oh yes, yes, he's fine. So long as he keeps his bandages clean." That was the one thing she heard the most fussing about; changing the bandages, letting the injury breath, etc. Just maintenance and he seemed to be too self-absorbed to do that much. She laughed a little with a smile as bright as the stars themselves. "Oh, don't think I haven't noticed! He's exactly like his father, and a lot like Ua too, when she puts her foot down." She giggled. Watching the normally soft medic come down on her brother had been both terrifying and amazing.

"If only I could! He gets so aggressive sometimes that I..." The leopardess' jovial attitude dropped for a moment, enough for her to remember another time before smiling again. This time was forced. "...If they don't involve actually pinning them then I'd love to hear them. I've got about as much muscle on me as a songbird's chick."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:06 pm
Painted Moose

Sayuri smiled as she watched the other leopardess light up, "It really is an obvious trait. You should see how stubborn they can get when disagreeing on things." She laughed softly. A part of her was proud of her family, yet the memory of the past still dampened her spirits. Once their opinions would have been loud enough to change the whole colony and now she was afraid that they had been shoved to the side. It was a shame that things had changed so abruptly, "Ai knows better than to fight against Ua though. Once she puts her paws down it definitely is best to surrender." The petite leopardess smiled warmly. Ua after all was a great sister in her heart as both shared that wandering spirit for the outside world.

Concerned Sayuri's ears laid forward. Ai what did you do towards this poor creature? She felt her own smile slip before she shook her head, "I'm not that great of a fighter either." The leopardess shrugged at her own petite frame, "But speed and surprise are the best. Outsmarting him as well could be fun. Have you ever tried outwitting him? Perhaps making a bet that lets you tend to him would be interesting."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:36 pm
Sabra Knight

Xiu laughed a little more. "Oh, oh, I have! It's so scary to be around, but thinking back on it all I can do is laugh." They really were a charming bunch. There were more problems in their family than most, which was worrying, but maybe that just meant when they made up for it the good times lasted longer.

"Not to brag, but...I'm totally going to brag. I've outwitted him a few times. It makes him even more unbearable to deal with and then he either walks off or gets louder. A bet, though...that could be interesting." Surely he wouldn't be able to resist that. What male could. If he won he would get to rub it in her face with whatever asinine thing he picked for her to do. And if he lost he would get medical treatment. Either way it would benefit him. "I'll have to try that next time."

Looking a little more serious now, Xiu commented, "You know, if you've been gone for a while perhaps you should go see your mother. She's been...well, she's not been well for a long time, but Ai's visit seemed to perk her up a bit. I'm sure if she saw you she might actually eat something."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:10 pm
Painted Moose

Sayuri smiled warmly. Well that was good to hear at least. She didn't want someone to be completely chased off by the stubborn bunch. As much as she was loathe to admit it the love she held for her family ran deeply. Each was truly precious for her.

"Good to hear." Sayuri laughed, "He needs someone to keep him on his paws while I'm gone." Even if they had just met she really did have a good feeling about this leopardess. She seemed to have a true heart and Sayuri truly appreciated that. When she was gone so much it made her worry yet what could she do? Nothing could sate that wanderlust of hers after all. "You'll have to let me know how the bet goes. I'm sure it'll be an interesting story."

Sayuri's expression froze at the news, "My mother has been unwell?" Her gaze flashed with the worries she always tried surpressing, "I suppose I definitely should swing by then. Would you mind leading me in? I may be a bit rusty on the area." A lie, but she didn't want to go in alone. Something about coming home always dampened her spirits lately and hopefully the company could keep the nerves at bay.

She just hoped her mother was going to be alright.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:20 pm
Sabra Knight

"It's not as if it's a sudden illness." Xiu mused, "Your mother has been unstable since the attack. With everything that happened, I can't really blame her. The past few weeks, though..." She shook her head. "Her appetite has gone, she never leaves her tree and she lives in the past. Scheherazade never remembers me when I visit. I gave herbs to your brother to help bring up her appetite and to help her sleep. I can only hope she took them."

Xiu was no fool, but she also wasn't about to oust the female. Sometimes support was the only thing a medic was good for. "Of course. Follow me." Scooping up her herbs in her mouth, Xiu motioned with her head before walking off the direction of Scheherazade's perch. With luck this visit would bring her out of her funk.

Either way she had some new ideas on how to handle Ai so today had turned out to be a good one after all.

[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games