Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Devoltados the Dark Phoenix [Crit Please!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merubee

Dapper Datemate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:42 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Devoltados
Nicknames: Volt, V

Faction: Ghost
Race: Inverse Phoenix

Natural Ability: Immaterial Harbinger - Volt has the ability to phase through solid objects, sometimes at his own will...other times, not so much. Ask him to reach into your busted locker to pull out a book, and he can do so with no problem, as long as he can wrap his hand around said book solidly. This ability extends only to things he can hold with one hand without bobbling, and it must be connected with his skin in order for this to work. However, he has been known to throw a temper tantrum and phase right through the floor...and out of his clothes. Oops.

Personality:

Adaptable: Volt can weasel himself into all manner of groups. He's a chameleon of sorts, tending to know what to say and how to say it to keep himself out of the most trouble. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he's squeaky clean by any standards, as he often seems to enjoy trouble and goes to great lengths to be in the smack-dab middle of things. If there is a fight, a riot, or a ring of cheaters selling exam answers, you’re more than likely to find Volt right on the edge of the thick of it. Because, of course, you can’t pin it on him.

Fickle: Loyalty isn't a strong point with Volt; he tends to stick fingers in pies of all sorts, but never really indulge in any of them. He was shunned by others of his age because of his birth; not really belonging to either a positive or a negative faction. Neither Dark nor Light wanted to claim him, so he belonged to no one but himself, and it’s a mantra he keeps close to his wicked little heart.

Quick-Witted: While he isn't a coward, he tends to avoid the trouble that he starts. Rather than fight the opponent he's stirred into a riot, he'll use a silver tongue to talk his way out of the situation - or talk someone else into a deeper one. It’s amusing to him, to watch people and see what gets who hot under the collar, and what weaknesses are able to be deduced in the most unexpected of places. However, he is also usually one of the first with ideas to solve a problem – as long as it’s his problem. Or he feels like giving a damn. While the method may be a bit unusual, his ideas tend to work even in the most ludicrous of ways.

Hot-headed:A troubled home life leads him to be a bit of an attention-seeker, so the more brash he can be, the better. Because of this, he tends to end up angering people often bigger, stronger, and meaner than he is...or just, y'know, sinking naked through the floor. It's a coin toss.

Vain: Despite, or perhaps because of, his rejections at home, Volt tends to think that he is all that and a plate of nachos - he tends to keep himself pretty and out of the way of the flying fists he tends to stir. He’s learned from early on that a good physical appearance gets him into the door in most situations, and his easy, drawling humor usually does the rest. He’s the first to laugh at his own jokes, too – because, y’know. He’s hilarious.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Volt's lineage comes from a distant branch of the family tree - the product of an Inverse Phoenix who was not supposed to exist. Like his father before him, Volt is the negative of all that the Phoenix stands for - light, heat, and healing. Suited more towards the ghostly dark strands of his heritage, he was fostered by a different set of parents from the brighter part of the family line. Unfortunately, they didn't suit, and rather than return Volt to his father, they shipped him off to school hoping that some proper tutelage would turn him around.

FEAR Ability:
Acid Tears (Tained Fang) - Because of his heritage, Volt is somewhat of an enigma. Where Phoenix tears touch, they heal. As an unfortunate nanny found out, where Volt's tears touch, they're acidic to everyone but, apparantly, himself. He has since learned to use it as an offense of sorts - wiping his eyes will allow the venom to transfer onto his fingers to be thrown at will.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: The reflective gold of a coin, with a thin rim of red around the pupils.
Hair Colour/Style: A dull black - it doesn't reflect light. He keeps it shaggy around his face, often for dramatic effect so that he can flip it back with a breath. He keeps the rest of the shoulder-length stuff pulled back into a short tail.
Skin Colour: Waxy pale
Clothing Style/Colours: Dark red tight pants that stop at mid-calf, from that point his legs and feet are wrapped with pale cloth, revealing taloned toes. He has a black vest, laced closed in the front, that bare his rather skinny arms. Fingerless red gloves cover his hands, revealing more talons on his fingers.
Extra: V has impressive set of wings with a six foot span, but there are no feathers. Instead, just bony growths in the shape of wings, which are (unfortunately for him) currently completely useless. As he grows and matures, ghostly feathers start to fade in, allowing him flight as he literally earns his wings.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 pm
can i ask what an inverse phoenix is? i didn't see it listed anywhere in your form ouo;  

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Merubee

Dapper Datemate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:06 pm
DarkHeartedSorrow
can i ask what an inverse phoenix is? i didn't see it listed anywhere in your form ouo;

Oh, thank you! He'd be considered a Dark Phoenix - instead of fire and light and life, he's dark and...dead-ish. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:19 pm
Natural ability: So he can reach into someone's locker and grab a book... Does his "phasing" also extend to objects? How big does an object have to be before it doesn't work? Or does he reach in to grab a book, only to have the book be stopped by the inside of the locker as his phasing malfunctions and doesn't phase things all the way?

Otherwise I love the tidbit about him throwing a temper tantrum. Great characterization!

Heritage: Just making sure you're sure, but interspecies relationships are accepted in Halloween. Children take on the species after their parents, so there aren't any hybrid species in Halloween. I'm assuming his father's an Inverse Phoenix? Or is he a regular phoenix?

For example~ if one parent is a vampire, and the other is a werewolf then their children will be werewolves OR vampires. They won't create any werebats, winged werewolves, or really hairy vampires.

Have you seen our Little Scareling Primer yet? You can always make him adopted as an alternative.

Also, when it comes to races Monsters tend to be more physical than the others. Your character's ability makes me think of a "ghost" more than monster, which might work better since an Inverse Phoenix is "dark and dead-ish." A natural ability is a shared ability that sets that specie apart from others in Halloween. :3

Hope this helps!  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Merubee

Dapper Datemate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:53 pm
Marushii
Natural ability: So he can reach into someone's locker and grab a book... Does his "phasing" also extend to objects? How big does an object have to be before it doesn't work? Or does he reach in to grab a book, only to have the book be stopped by the inside of the locker as his phasing malfunctions and doesn't phase things all the way?

Otherwise I love the tidbit about him throwing a temper tantrum. Great characterization!

Heritage: Just making sure you're sure, but interspecies relationships are accepted in Halloween. Children take on the species after their parents, so there aren't any hybrid species in Halloween. I'm assuming his father's an Inverse Phoenix? Or is he a regular phoenix?

For example~ if one parent is a vampire, and the other is a werewolf then their children will be werewolves OR vampires. They won't create any werebats, winged werewolves, or really hairy vampires.

Have you seen our Little Scareling Primer yet? You can always make him adopted as an alternative.

Also, when it comes to races Monsters tend to be more physical than the others. Your character's ability makes me think of a "ghost" more than monster, which might work better since an Inverse Phoenix is "dark and dead-ish." A natural ability is a shared ability that sets that specie apart from others in Halloween. :3

Hope this helps!

Okay, I thiiiink I fixed some of the main issues. Mind taking another look for me? smile Thank you so much for your time and help!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:24 pm
Merubee
Marushii

Hope this helps!

Okay, I thiiiink I fixed some of the main issues. Mind taking another look for me? smile Thank you so much for your time and help!

Lookin' good!  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash