Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:14 am
Had his shots while he already had a minor cold. Shots make the immune system go wacky for a bit so his cold got worse. Had a high fever for two days. We took him to the pediatrician and found out he had an ear infection. He was prescribed amoxcillin. Gave him that and now he's covered in a rash.

crying My poor kid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Wow, that's, that's just one problem after the next.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:55 am
Yeah, now we have to take him BACK to the doctor so we can figure out what to give him for this ear infection.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 am
I hope he feels better soon. Being sick and having ear infections isn't fun.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 am
Having had an ear infection myself in the past, I know how annoying having one is. I can't imagine what it's like having one at such a young age though, especially when your options for taking care of it are suddenly limited due to not being able to take the usual medication.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:28 pm
Ear infections are one of the most common illnesses in babies. Especially when they aren't able to sit up on their own much. If they have a cold all the fluid ends up draining back into their ears.

His doctor gave us another antibiotic. We're starting it tomorrow so I'm HOPING he doesn't have a reaction. He said it was either a reaction or roseola (a very common illness in babies that causes a fever for 2-3 days and then a painless rash for another 2-3 days) but either way he probably still has the ear infection so give him the medicine. If he has another rash we need to bring him in.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

yeet-chan

Big Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:59 pm
Yikes, it would suck if he was allergic to the amoxicillin. Poor thing. I hope he gets better soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm
Thank you. He's feeling better. Not 100% but definitely better than before smile  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas