Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:23 am
User Image Areo had decided to scout the outer boarders of the pridelands again. After a while he always had to get out and about and see something different. Not that the pridelands dulled him or anything, he just like to keep his mind sharp and experience new things every now and again. The large lion moved in the morning light while the lands were still, somewhat, cool. It had been rather hot in the afternoons so he tried to limit where he was going and how far he was going.

At least if he didn't have water readily available.

A yawn escaped his maw as he shook his head slightly and continued at a medium paced walk. He really wasn't sure what he was looking for. Honestly he should be trying to see if there were any lions wandering around nearby that might want to join the pride, or even to ask if they needed assistance of some sort. He liked to help out every now and again. If they wanted it anyway.

He thought he spotted two figures not too far off, but they were at a distance still that it was unsure so he decided he'd go in that direction and see what happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:19 am
"I need to rest a bit. I don't know why you're always so intent on walking around! Don't you know I'm injured? The whole point of you staying with me while I'm recovering is to keep me ALIVE, remember? So stop trying to kill me with all this walking!"

Morwen seemed very annoyed with her travel partner and the two black animals moved along in the dirt. She was tired and her side was hurting, the gashes she had obtained there stinging like crazy. But Mzimu didn't seem to CARE about that. Did he know who she was? Was he trying to kill her because she had lied to him? She didn't know, but somehow she doubted it. It just seemed like he was always... looking for something.

She couldn't imagine what it was.

Mzimu came to a stop after she spoke, though not because of her words. He spotted a male not far from them, watching them both from his position. Mzimu looked over his shoulder at the loud lioness, his strong, stoic face showing no emotion as he spoke.

"Company," he told her blandly. Morwen looked around the large lion at the fellow not too far away from them. Just what she needed- another male to cause her problems! She frowned, glaring at the male from a distance.

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:48 am
Cajanic

As he approached he realized it was a large male with a smaller female as a companion walking along. And it appeared to him she was in rather rough shape. He grew mildly concerned at this fact and wondered if perhaps they were seeking a place to rest and recover, or if they were out here for other reasons. As he finally came within talking distance he slowed down his pace and came to a stop all together as he noticed the male and female hadn't moved since they had spotted his approach.

"Are you in any need of assistance at all?" He asked curiously noting the gashes that adorn the female. They looked quite painful and they had a wonderful healer who would be more than willing to patch her up. "I have a friend who wouldn't mind cleaning those for you." So much for waiting for them to answer if they needed any help. Opps.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:32 pm
Mzimu was glad to hear that the lion didn't seem to be aggressive, though you never would have guessed it from his expression. He continued to watch the other, just staring. He offered him a nod of his head, more in thank you than anything else. This made Morwen roll her eyes.

"Ignore him- he's an idiot," she grumbled, "we don't need any help! That's why I'm bumming around with him in the first place. But he seemed to be looking for someone. Always looking for someone."

"I haven't found him yet," Mzimu replied pointedly. Morwen glared at him, her tail swishing from side to side in clear irritation.

"Yeah, not duh," she snapped, "ask this guy about him then, why don't you? No point wandering around all over the place without asking for directions. What is it with males, anyway?" She shook her head, looking away from both of the male lions. Mzimu, meanwhile, only nodded, apparently not bothered by her coarse language.

"Have you seen an orange lion with a single gray leg? One of the front ones." He asked the other lion, hopeful that the lion he was hunting might be a part of the pride they had come towards. Somehow, though, he doubted it. That lion seemed to be something of a loner.

Much like Morwen.
AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm
Cajanic
Who are they looking for? Is it a NPC character? I'm curious lol.

He listened to the two, well rather the female, banter between themselves and he had to hold back the smile that wanted to form. She reminded him of someone, one of his sisters honestly. Which reminded him that he was going to have to track all of them down sometime soon and see how they were doing. Keeping tabs on them was harder than it looked. And exhausting.

"I just thought I'd ask." He said in return to her comment about not needing help. Hey, if she had it, she had it. No use on pushing the issue. He listened as she snapped at her male companion asking him to ask Areo if he had seen someone. He looked at the male as he gave a description. He had run into his share of lions and he had to think about it for a moment. Orange with a single grey leg?

He raked his mind trying to see if he had ever remembered seeing someone by that description. "I can't say that I have seen someone that fits that description." Well, it appeared to him he wasn't much use to them at all. "Do you happen to know a name or where this lion might be from?" That might help him figure out if he knew who they sought.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:59 pm
Morwen huffed. Nice lions really weirded her out. She couldn't wrap her head around wanting to look after another- around thinking about anyone other than yourself! She only cared about number one, and she hardly cared what happened to those around her. If Mzimu were to suddenly collapse and die, she wouldn't care. She might be annoyed he quit on her before she was fully healed, but she wouldn't CARE.

It seemed like a waste of time to care.

Meanwhile, Mzimu let out a bit of a sigh, looking from the lion to Morwen. Morwen, who wasn't on the hunt for this lion, simply shrugged her shoulders, utterly uninterested in the results. This whole thing was Mzimu's business, not hers. She had no interest in getting involved more than she had already been dragged into things.

"No," Mzimu replied, "I don't remember his name, and I don't know where he came from. Only that I have to make him pay for what he did to me." That got Morwen's attention. He wasn't all fluff, rainbows and good intentions? Well well. "But thank you... I am glad you tried to help. My name is Mzimu."

AstoriaFallen
(It's lithia's lion. XD He's based on Arthur from the same thing my Lewis lion is from)

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:35 pm
Cajanic
Ooooh. Ok

He cocked his head slightly and nodded. "By the Gods I hope you are able to find him and make him pay then." He knew a thing or two about getting someone back and wasn't entirely new to the process. "It must be well deserved indeed to cause you to hunt for him." If he could kill his father for what he did to his mother he would, but then again, he wouldn't be here at all if not for the God. Either way, his dislike for him was there.

His orange gaze turned towards the dark female. As she seemed to not be at all interested in any of this. He wondered what had connected the two but decided not to ask. His gaze flicked back to the male. "You're welcome Mzimu. My name is Areoiris. Would you guys at least want a nice place with food and water so you can rest a bit? I no not where you might end up but the lands are pretty barren in most of the directions." He suggested since they didn't want help. But most everyone wanted food.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm
Mzimu would have smiled at the comment, if he were a more normal kind of lion. Still, he did appreciate the thought- it was nice of the lion to wish him the best for his quest. "Thank you," he said with a nod of his head. "It is very important that I find him." This lion seemed to understand where he was coming from- that was nice. And a little calming, too.

Morwen, however, was getting a little suspicious with all the kind words. She still didn't get why lions needed to be nice to one another, and she was pretty sure this guy was just trying to trick them somehow. Maybe wanted something out of them? Like she was using Mzimu for his protection.

It didn't sit right with her- she was the only con artist here.

"Thank you," Mzimu said when he offered them a place to rest, "we could use somewhere safe to lie down. Morwen is still recovering from an attack."

"Just what is it you want from is, buddy?" Morwen spoke up suddenly, "you can't be offering us all this for nothing, so what is it you're looking for? We're not sticking around, we're not doing any hunting for you. Whatever it is you think you'll get from us, it isn't going to happen, alright?"
AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:36 pm
Cajanic

He nodded towards the male and he was glad that Mzimu would at least take him up on the offer for food and rest. It's not like they needed to stay very long. His gaze shifted towards the outburst from the female and his gaze narrowed.

How dare she accuse him of being anything but who he was, honest and trying to help. The growl in his voice never faltered and he stared down at the small female as he spoke quite simply. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble of excitement but I offer just what I offer. You can take it or leave it." He just stood there, still and silent as he stared at her a moment more and then looked back over towards the male. "It seems your counter part isn't too keen on much of anything is she? My offer still stands. If you follow me I'll show you a spot to rest, if you choose to stay where you are, well. I wish you the best either way."

He gave the male a nod of his head and then turned around and started walking towards a location on the outskirts of the pridelands that was well protected from the elements and any wandering ruffians.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 am
Morwen glared back at the male, but said nothing immediately, just staring like she wanted to go for his throat. Trust be told, she DID want to kill him, but in her condition, she knew she wouldn't stand much of a chance against a grown male. Not without the element of surprise on her side, which was now long gone. Anyway, if she killed someone, it might make Mzimu think twice about protecting him. This guy had only been offering them food and rest. Not really the kind of thing to justify killing him.

She sighed angrily in her defeat.

Mzimu nodded when he was spoken to again, having just been standing there and watching the whole ordeal. While he imagined he ought to keep them from battling if he could, he wasn't really to type to yell at others or tell them what to do. He would have just thrown his body in the way if a fight had broken out. Thankfully, it hadn't come to that. This male they were dealing with had a heck of a lot of patience about him.

"Thank you for the offer," Mzimu offered with a respectful bow of his head, "but I think it would be better for us all if I find another place for Morwen to rest." He watched the lion go, before turning to look at Morwen again. He actually had a little irritation on his face.

"What?!" Morwen huffed, "he COULD have been tricking us."

AstoriaFallen
Fin! Sorry. XD

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items