Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Little Brother! (Khurshed/Rahim/Hilal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 am
User ImageUser Image

It was in the heat of the day that Khurshed stretched her paws along a rather large boulder, and stretched out on it's surface. The stone hung like a mini-cliff over the edge of a watering hole. Reeds clung like desperate cubs to the boulders side, almost as if they were afraid of touching the water with their roots. When they had first arrived at the spot there had been a large gathering of prey beasts, but such was the fate of two predators; all of their company scattered as quickly as their legs could carry them.

Khurshed blinked her crimson eyes against the sun before laying her head against her paws. Her eyes drifted out over the water, where her mate was currently exploring. "What are you looking for, love?" She chuckled.

Rahim lifted his head to look at his mate, and smiled from ear to ear. His mane hung in heavy, limp curtains around his drenched face. Thankfully she had his shawl wrapped about her head to help with the heat, else he might have lost it in the water. He noticed that she was now stretched out upon her pelt and looked quite content. It made him happy to see. Khurshed always had a secretive air about her that he could never fully understand. Sometimes he thought best not to pry, but when he couldn't tell if she was upset, disappointed, angry....It made it difficult to grasp.

"Shells mostly, and little creatures to snack on." He answered easily. The blue lion poked around the shallows before slipping into the deeper water.

Khurshed laughed. "Shells? We're not where near the ocean. How do you purpose to find shells?"

"I'm not sure, really." He shrugged his shoulders and turned an adoring look to her. "but I'm hoping since I had enough luck to find someone as amazing as you that the Gods might give me some help. Can't hurt, really." He chuckled.

Velveteen Angel
Rahim is younger than Khurshed (like, she was an adol when he was born), but he's been set on her from day one. They're both from the U'W, so while I'm sure Hilal would have been too young to really meet Rahim, since he was probably out on his 'bag a lady' quest when he was younger, he would have definitely heard about him. Khurshed was waiting on him to return when the pride fell.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 am
User Image

Hilal was lost. He had gotten turned around a nearby river and now he hardly knew which way was north, let alone which way would get him back to the pride, or which way would get him closer to his father. Damn it. Perhaps he should have taken Tsu with him, rather than leaving her in the pride, but the cubs were only just adolescence now and Hilal would worry too much leaving them alone in the pride; despite their growing independence.

He padded along, smelling the scent of water nearby and heading towards it. Maybe it was the river again, and he could find his barings. Unfortunatly for the male, he came across a watering hole and groaned in annoyance.

"Damn you!" He cursed the water. The last river hadn't had a watering hole, so where the hell was he now?

He didn't spot the duo at the watering hole, so consumed in his own confusion and general disorientation. Maybe he could follow his tracks back to the river and try again...

Painted Moose

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:16 pm
Khurshed languidly dipped her paw over the edge of the boulder towards her mate. In her vision she could touch him, though in reality she was a good distance from him. She peered at him from between her toes as he foraged, and let out a soft, quiet little giggle before spotting something entirely different on the horizon.

At first she had to squint her eyes to make it out, but the figure came so close that she nearly thought it was a mirage. We're no where near the desert, though... And he had spoken! Raising her upper body, the leopon called out, "Hilal!" It was not so much a summoning as it was an excited bellow.

Yeah, well, damn you too buddy.

Rahim wasn't so pleased to hear such crass talk on such a lovely day, but some creatures had no tact. Clucking his tongue, the lion ruffled in the water a little further, going so far as to stick his maw close to it. When Khurshed called out a shockwave went down his spine and he nearly fell head first into the watering hole.

Turning his honey gaze towards the savannah, Rahim searched for the speaker and settled on...a lion? A lion that Khurshed knew? He sort of resembles her father...

The same father that Rahim had never asked permission for when taking Khurshed.

Oh s**t

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Hilal had been about to turn around and try to retrace his steps when he heard a voice call out his name. He blinked and turned back towards the sound, the voice sounding...oddly familiar. He scanned the landscape, coming to rest on the figure sitting on the boulder.

His eyes lit up at the sight, and a broad smile crossed his face, completely changing his disposition. "Khurshed!" He bellowed back happily. Immediately, he plodded into the water, spying the male nearby but practically ignoring him as he crossed so he was closer to his sister. "Big sister! How are you?" He asked excitedly.

Painted Moose

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:54 pm
Her bright eyes filled with mirth as Hilal came closer. "I'm doing well, little brother. I had worried I would never get to see you again, but fate was kind to me." She had always been blessed that way. A family that had supported her, a mate that cherished her, and now the chance to see her baby brother once more.

"You're looking good, Hilal. The rogue lands don't seem to have gotten you down." Khurshed smiled in her vaguely pondering way. Her mind was always working; always churning on information. She was likely looking him over to piece out bits of his experiences before he himself would tell her.

Rahim scrunched his brows together with a frown. While he was glad the male seemed to happy to see his sister, there was a part of him that felt slighted. Was he being ignored on purpose? No, no that wasn't right. Surely it was just the pull of seeing a sibling after so long. Had he not acted the same way when he had seen his Aunt?

And thankfully this brother didn't seem concerned with making Rahim pay for stealing away his older sister.

That was a bonus.

Clearing his throat, Rahim stepped forward. "I don't believe we've met. My name is Rahim; I'm Khurshed's mate."

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Hilal beamed at her. "I had feared the same, sister! Gods, it is good to see you!" He hadn't expected to stumble upon his siblings, though it was fantastic to see her again. He had lost track of them all when the pride fell, he was lucky to have kept in contact with their father for a brief while before leaving on his own life journey. "Ah, I'm afraid the rogue lands and I don't see eye to eye," he laughed. "I think I'm lost. I was looking for our father, but I got myself completely turned around. I am lucky that I somewhat remember how to get home, or my mates may never forgive me."

He glanced at the male when he cleared his throat, and looked him over, though his smile was still in place. "Ah Rahim! I have heard of you, of course, but I am not sure if we ever had the pleasure of meeting. I am Hilal, one of Khurshed's youngest siblings." He smiled. "I am glad to hear that you and Khurshed were able to stay together after the pride fell." It warmed his heart to know that his sister had been protected.

Painted Moose

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:05 am
Chips of crimson blossomed as Khurshed smiled. "You're lost? Why doesn't that surprise me." She teased, and rose up to stretch. Once she had worked the kinks out of her muscles, the leopon made her way down to their level. "I haven't seen father since...well, since I last saw everyone else, for that matter. If you'd like, you could travel with us and we could all go see him. Unless this is another 'males only' venture, but I was under the impression those were nixed with the fall of the pride." She grinned.

"Parvana's son, yes? Our mother's are half-sisters, which makes you family in more ways than one." Rahim chuckled. That wasn't surprising, given how the U'W had operated. Others might have balked at the complicated family trees, but so long as they didn't blend, merely crossed, Rahim welcomed it. "It would have taken a force stronger than the Gods themselves to keep me away from her." His eyes ventured towards her as Khurshed made her way to his side, melting beside the lion as if she had always been there. "You mentioned mates? Is there a reason why they didn't take this trip with you?"

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff