Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Sio Freed the Chimera [Ready/Crits]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LeavingGO

Inquisitive Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:57 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
User Image
Name: Sio Freed
Nicknames: None so far

Faction: Monster
Race: Chimera
Natural Ability: Can grow crystal-like scales (or feather-like scales) along back & limbs. Claws on hands too. The 'crystals' are capable of absorbing ambient energy.

Personality: Usually tries to talk normally to strangers, but once she warms up to you, she becomes chirpy. Introvert, daydreams a lot. Bookworm. Skittish, tends to shots around nearby objects or people to hide if startled. Likes cute things, regardless of teeth & claws.
Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
To figure out herself out, since as a Chimera of unknown mix she has a lot of uncertainty about herself.
FEAR Ability: [Either Barrier or Pulse] Can absorb energy from incoming attacks to heal self.

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: Blueish teal
Hair Colour/Style: White bordering on gray
Skin Colour: Pale human skin shade. Claws/scales are white-ish opaque, might turn clear at certain angles.
Clothing Style/Colours: Wears oversized jackets, usually in various shades of blue, over a black turtleneck with long pants. Often wears a monochrome checkered scarf. If feeling particularly shy, might wear a unknown skull as a mask.
Extra: Has scales scattered around her body, though mostly clustered along her limbs. Hides a pair of wings & a tail under her jacket.

Note: Dislikes Rep (Hunter) after an argument with him in the Day Zero meta event's Radio chat.

References:
Possible Kid (Sealed Form) & Teen (Released Form) version.
User Image
Possible (older Year) Overdrive Form.
User Image
Adult Creature Form.
User Image
More pics!
Pic 1 - Her hair can turn into fluffy feathers (?). Final Skull design.
User Image
Pic 2 - Scale patterns, though her 'horns' isn't usually that big.
User Image

Hope it's not too confusing. The drawings were for other stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:14 pm
hello just doing requested crit!

I'll go over approval regulatory and then suggestions

Approval pert-
Age must be 13-18. 13 is very young, and very very few students are at this age, most average out at 14-17.
Appearance wise- just remember that no students are allowed items/weapons with the exception of reapers.

Other-
I notice you have her written as bi-polar, and while I can also see you want to give her two personalities, that's not something that's accurate or really a thing we can approve. Bi-Polar is a mental illness that is very debilitating and characterized by extreme emotional fluctuations and often pairs with depression and violent outbursts. Multiple personality disorder is also a mental illness that often develops as a response to trauma and is also very closely paired with things like depression, aggression, and other very debilitating things. So as the personality is written now, it's not accurate to the actual mental illnesses and could be considered offensive to those who are educated or impacted by those mental illnesses.

We also try to avoid giving characters more than one personality as it's proven very difficult to play and accurately represent. I would suggest that you try to re-write her as being overly emotional, as many teen going through puberty are, rather than falling into trying to use a mental illness or giving her multiple personalities. It's a lot easier as both a player and a RP partner as then gives a good basis for developing her without having keep her stagnant with certain traits which down the road, may no longer be desired or prove too limiting in RP opportunities. Plus, if a character is focused mostly on violent and cruel behaviors, it's harder to find RP partners as most of Amity is focused on student life, and while suffering happens, the majority is lighthearted RP and quite casual. Having a student who rather would simply be dealing with puberty, which is hella rough on its own can allow for instances of such behavior but to a point where it's not limiting or intimidating for RP opportunities!
EmiyaRinko

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

LeavingGO

Inquisitive Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 pm
Thanks for the crit!
  • Yeah, I forgotten about the age thing, sorry.
  • Items/weapons? You mean the skull? I can remove that part if it cross that rule, though I don't remember reading it anywhere.
  • Sorry if I offended someone on the Bi-polar thing. Most references I've seen on it ain't official?
  • I'm not sure if I can write puberty, since my own wasn't particularly memorable.
iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:30 pm
The reference of items is mostly as there is a scythe pictured in the refs, so I wanted to confirm that this item was not intended for the actual student.
Additional but minor- All halloweener have skin as skin- with only minor patches or parts being covered by scales/fur/feathers. So a few scales on her hands would be fine, but not her whole body.

Her wings could also be out 24/7, but perhaps not to such a massive/natural size. Basically, skull pins help students fit into halls and such, including wings, so her needing to hide them and have them rip from her back are not needed. They'd be shrunk to fit while still granting her the ability of flight.

Portraying mental illnesses is a very tricky subject that we do our best to approach with understanding and education- if you are wanting to play a bi-polar character, I would highly recommend doing a great deal of research on the actual illness, treatments, drawbacks and causes. There is a great plethora of information widely available, and we don't say a flat no on such things rather we do our best to mitigate portrayals that would be inaccurate or harmful and rather encourage players to do their best to understand just what they ask for when they give their characters such aspects.

Puberty is a much easier aspect to play however, as it happens to everyone and takes on many different forms. There many different ways to deal with it, and some of the best examples are in common media like TV shows, books, and even games. Harry Potter has Harry struggling with developing feeling for Cho Chang, with having to deal with the stress of school and his home life while expected to be a hero and leader- he fights with his best friends at several point over very simple things. Puberty is a hormonal change and for many writers, it acts as a way to portray a coming-of-age story. It's not a very complex way of writing, but rather a very human way of writing, if that helps.

EmiyaRinko

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

LeavingGO

Inquisitive Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:24 pm
Again, thanks!
  • Ah, sorry. Like I mention below the pics, I drew them for other stuff, so just disregard the unrelated sketches? No, no scythe. Only clothes & maybe the skull.
  • The scales aren't all over her body, I worded that sentence wrong. I changed some of the reference pics, the last one should have an accurate idea of where I think her scales might be placed. Only her fingers & toes are completely covered by scales, & those can also recede (?) if needed.
  • Okay, I removed that part. She doesn't mind walking on the ground, though might start lifting off if flustered/agitated/startled.
  • Yeah, I'm really sorry about it. No way I'm touching it now.
  • I wasn't kidding about my boring puberty. Beyond the monthly bloody visitor showing up, nothing else changed. No attraction to others, no weird emotion shifts, etc. *scratch head*

iStoleYurVamps

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff