Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Anastazie the Vukodlak [Crit away! Ready!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khody

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Anastazie Romanek
Nicknames: Ana
Age: 17, made immortal (died) one year ago at the age of 16

Faction: Undead
Race: Vukodlak- vampiric werewolf (based off this and

"Vukodlak: A serbian term for "vampire", derived from the word for werewolf, as the werewolf is associated with the undead in Slavic folklore. Werewolves are believed to return after death as members of the vampire species. Over time, as the vampire connotations out-paced the lycanthropic ones, the vukodlak was used more and more frequently in its present sense. In some parts of Yugoslavia, the vukodlak remains a werewolf; stories abouts persons turning into wolves and devouring sheep continued to circulate until the late nineteenth century." The Vampire Encyclopedia; Bunson, Matthew)

Natural Ability: has retained her ability to shapeshift to her wolf form after she was turned.

Skull Pin: Ana is a vukodlak and while there are many definitions of what this might entail, she is, to put it simply, an immortal, blood-drinking werewolf.

The blood lust is not something she is accustomed to and can overwhelm her rather quickly. Her skull pin diminishes this thirst to a manageable tingle and allows her to satisfy the cravings with a normal werewolf diet.

Should her pin be removed, she will get cranky and snappish at others. Occasionally become a bit ravenous if it's near lunchtime. Should she become unmanageable and she starts acting a little rabid, (as was the case before she had the pin when she was still living with her grandparents) a simple bop on the head can distract her long enough for her to get a hold of herself.

Personality:
stubborn - Ana has opinions. The opinion might be homework is stupid, let's go swimming but it is her opinion and she has been known to fight herself into a frothing mess to get her way.

determined - Ana can approach issues (sweeping/baking/playing catch) with a very strong desire to succeed. (How you succeed at sweeping is beyond me.) When it comes to an adversary, her determined tendencies go hand-in-hand with her stubbornness. She will not easily back down and more often than not will get back up ready to go again.

loyal - Ready to back up anyone who she cares about with everything she's got. Ana tries to always be an asset to her friends.

cheerful - Though she might seem a bit..intense.. Ana is generally a very cheerful creature to interact with. Along with this positive attribute, she typically doesn't hold grudges and assumes the best of others.

-prone to bursting into tears when embarrassed or proven wrong or called nice/kind/harmless/adorable/etc.
-will sometimes manipulate others to get what she wants

libraries
cats (though the feeling is rarely mutual)

Dislikes:
humidity
written tests (does much better on practical-type tests)
birds (claims to be allergic)

Ana does not remember her life before her death. She was found wandering about a swamp and brought to her grandparents who took her back in and began to re-introduce her to her past.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?

Ana's father disappeared when she was very young, according to her grandparents. She is no longer able to remember him except for the occasional tucked away photo of a stranger with the lady her grandmother says is her mother. She was raised by her grandparents as her mother wandered in and out of her life, or so Grandma says, Ana is yet to actually see her.
And there were rumors. Rumors of the exact reason why her father vanished from her life. He never had much of a presence.. Did he even know how to be scary? Little better than a human..

The worst of all being.. Oh he never left, hun. Your father ceased to exist. He was never very frightening and one day it just caught up to him.

This absolutely terrifies Ana. She desperately searched for a fail safe, should she prove to be like her father. She discovered Amityville Academy and for months after, begged and begged and begged her grandparents to allow her to enroll, convinced that the school will ensure that she never sinks out of existence. Her grandmother, seeing an opportunity to rid her home of the sweet little abomination her granddaughter had become, fed these fears, making it a nasty habit to refer to Ana as 'adorable' or 'harmless' and sending the poor little beast into hysterics.

FEAR Ability: The Moon's Call - Battle Cry Fear
Ana allows the ancient strength of her ancestors to flow through her, causing her canine teeth and claws to elongate enabling her to quickly deal more damage to her opponent.

Physical Description:
A lanky beast, both as a humanoid and a wolf. Standing at 5'7" currently, she was promised many times by her grandmother that she would grow taller. This seems unlikely now due to the whole undead bit. She might seem scrawny but makes up for it in speed..when it's not being hampered by her clumsiness. "Oh dear..you'll grow out of that too, hun." "..sure, grandma."

Eye Colour: ice blue
Hair Colour/Style: blonde/ shoulder-length, curly
Skin Colour: pale..eastern european never-in-the-sun pale
Clothing Style/Colours: usually with fur/teeth/claws involved either as clothing or jewelery, tends to wear boots. blacks/grays/purples/blues example/scribble
-also likes long maxi skirts and leather jackets.
-typically pants, t-shirt, jacket and boots.
Extra: longer canine teeth (in both bi-ped and wolf forms) retains tawny and cream wolf ears and tail when in humanoid form
References:
quick sketch of wolf form scrappy/tawny little beast  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:25 pm
Hello, and welcome to This is Halloween!

Race and Faction: Based off the information in her race, a Vukodlak would fit better as an "Undead" than a "Monster." Since she died a year ago, this would further put her in the "Undead" category. Monsters are either living, breathing creatures or constructs made strictly out of non-formerly organic parts.

History? In the natural ability, you mentioned Ana has "has retained her ability to shapeshift to her wolf form after she was turned." Was she previously a werewolf, killed, then brought back to life as a Vukodlak? If yes, then she would fall under the Undead umbrella.

Natural Ability: First off, I love love LOVE that you've given Ana additional characteristics regarding her skullpin! You're on point in having the skullpin limit parts of her natural ability until she develops skill to control her bloodlust/hunter itself.

By choosing "shapeshifting" as a natural ability, it means Ana can change between her forced humanoid form and wolf form without needing to remove her skullpin. Just wanted to clarify this. :3

Regarding her death: If you haven't already, here is TiH's guide to life and death in Halloween. When a Halloween character dies and is brought back as a ghost or undead, they forget everything. They have no memory of their previous lif. They don't even dream of it. They still remember basic "facts" like what a bed is, how to eat/sleep/etc, but the finer details like what their favorite book was or who their family is are completely 100% lost to them. Undead/Ghosts have no memory of their former lives.

For example, let's say a character ate an egg salad and had intense food poisoning for two weeks. They got better, but five months later they died and came back as a Pricolici. This Pricolici (man that's a fun word to say) would very likely have an intense aversion to eggs, but they don't know why.

With this said, you mention Ana's grandparents. Are they werewolves? Or are they Vukodlak? The main reason why I'm asking is because undead have no memories of their former lives. It's not uncommon for the newly dead to be shunned/rejected by the family, or to be taken in by one of the many organizations in Halloween that are there to help the newly dead and undead to find their place in the world. In Ana's case, her grandparents could tell her that her name was Ana, show her photo albums and tell her stories... but Ana would not remember the events they're referring to.

Ahh~ does that make sense? We have a lot of information scattered around everywhere, but I hope that was helpful. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! :3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Khody

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:49 pm
Marushii
Hello, and welcome to This is Halloween!

Race and Faction: Based off the information in her race, a Vukodlak would fit better as an "Undead" than a "Monster." Since she died a year ago, this would further put her in the "Undead" category. Monsters are either living, breathing creatures or constructs made strictly out of non-formerly organic parts.

History? In the natural ability, you mentioned Ana has "has retained her ability to shapeshift to her wolf form after she was turned." Was she previously a werewolf, killed, then brought back to life as a Vukodlak? If yes, then she would fall under the Undead umbrella.

Natural Ability: First off, I love love LOVE that you've given Ana additional characteristics regarding her skullpin! You're on point in having the skullpin limit parts of her natural ability until she develops skill to control her bloodlust/hunter itself.

By choosing "shapeshifting" as a natural ability, it means Ana can change between her forced humanoid form and wolf form without needing to remove her skullpin. Just wanted to clarify this. :3

Regarding her death: If you haven't already, here is TiH's guide to life and death in Halloween. When a Halloween character dies and is brought back as a ghost or undead, they forget everything. They have no memory of their previous lif. They don't even dream of it. They still remember basic "facts" like what a bed is, how to eat/sleep/etc, but the finer details like what their favorite book was or who their family is are completely 100% lost to them. Undead/Ghosts have no memory of their former lives.

For example, let's say a character ate an egg salad and had intense food poisoning for two weeks. They got better, but five months later they died and came back as a Pricolici. This Pricolici (man that's a fun word to say) would very likely have an intense aversion to eggs, but they don't know why.

With this said, you mention Ana's grandparents. Are they werewolves? Or are they Vukodlak? The main reason why I'm asking is because undead have no memories of their former lives. It's not uncommon for the newly dead to be shunned/rejected by the family, or to be taken in by one of the many organizations in Halloween that are there to help the newly dead and undead to find their place in the world. In Ana's case, her grandparents could tell her that her name was Ana, show her photo albums and tell her stories... but Ana would not remember the events they're referring to.

Ahh~ does that make sense? We have a lot of information scattered around everywhere, but I hope that was helpful. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! :3

Hi! and thank you for the awesome reply <3

So the undead faction totally makes sense, I feel like a derp for not thinking of that!

From what I understand, the vukodlak is a curse-based affliction? So if this curse were somehow to be removed, she'd drop dead? I still like her better as an Undead.. it just makes so much sense!

Skullpin: Thank you for clearing this up! lol. I confuse myself..

So would she have muscle memory at all? I know you said for basic necessities like eating/sleeping/etc but say she played soccer and then died/came back and a soccer ball was kicked towards her. Would her body know how to react to it or no? Also, the guide says strong emotions? So should I make the 'moment of panic' something that could be her connecting to any part of her life? If that's incorrect, it's fine, I could change it so that her grandparents explained things to her. ^^

Ana comes from a long line of nomadic-ish lycanthropes--guess I should have stated that somewhere. If it works better, her grandparents could have kind of pushed her to amityville to get rid of her by feeding the rumor that her father ceased to exist/etc.

Again, thanks a ton! If you see anything else that should be changed, I welcome any other critiques you might have. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm
Hi!

From our standpoint, anything that's a "curse" is just how humans interpret it. The more humans are afraid of something, the more fear they produce, the stronger that idea/concept is in Halloween. So with the Vukodlak, they started as a scary story but became a vampire/werewolf race in Halloween. They simply are, so there's no curse to lift. When Ana was killed and reborn, she turned into a Vukodlak.

In Halloween, there's two kinds of death: the temporary one (where you run out of HP and respawn), and the more "intense" permanent one. When Ana was killed, something happened that was too traumatic for the temporary respawn death, so she came back as a Vukodlak. The only way she'd drop dead now is if you plotted out her permanent death. :3 If she's ever killed in RP-combat, she'd respawn sometime later no worse for wear.

Memory: If a soccer ball was kicked towards her, she' know how to kick it back! She might not be very good at it, but if she played a lot of soccer pre-death she'd probably feel a surge of joy when kicking it though.

The thing is, when she became a Vukodlak Ana would have forgotten everything in her previous life. When she respawned, chances are someone ran an intense background check on her, checked the recent "missing persons", and tracked down her grandparents for her in order to return her to them.

As far as panic goes... I think it might depend on how she died? Like, if Ana was alone in the forest and attacked from behind then it'd likely result in a large dislike from being approached from behind slash reflective turn-and-kick-whoever-surprised-her-in-the-groin. What kind of panicking did you have in mind?  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Khody

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:33 pm
Oh okay that makes things much simpler!

and I was just wondering. Ana doesn't really have anything like a sport or activity that she participated in before she died. It was more just my curiosity. ^^

..though now I think it would be adorable if she made a friend who can throw balls really far that she enjoys playing some extreme version of fetch with. xD

I had been thinking more non-specific moments of panic. Most characters would probably think she's just a bit of an air-head because she would stare off into space for a second, panic internally and then move on.

Buuut if that doesn't fit then I could see she having mini panic attacks because her grandma was so hard on her.

"Oh, we have a test tomorrow? Uh.." -screams internally- o_______o "That's great, I'm hungry." <-- make sense? or just scrap the whole bit?
It honestly isn't a big part of her character or anything.

Scratch that, it flows better without it! ^^

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff