Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:29 pm
Are there any good places to watch classic Doctor Who? I know Netflix has a few episodes but not that many. I was wanting to branch out and check out some of the older stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:55 pm
The only classic DW episodes I've seen have been the ones on Netflix. Everything else I know about those eras is through web-surfing and some books I've glanced at or own.

Probably the best way of seeing a large selection of classic Who is on Hulu; apparently they have all of the existing episodes ((the episodes that are still missing [due to BBC's poor storage plans] and haven't been recovered won't be available)). However, you have to be subscribed to Hulu Plus to have access to the episodes.

Otherwise, aside from going out and buying the classic DW DVDs, the only other option is going to sites that are technically not legal. The problem with turning to some of those sites is that they can sometimes have a lot of pop-ups, have to click on a lot of stuff just to get to said video, and/or having to wait for the video to buffer. Not as convenient. Not to mention, the potential of getting computer bugs from some of the less reliable websites.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:38 am
Gotcha! Well I'll just stick to Netflix and if I ever get Hulu watch from there. I don't do tv sites. I'm the Queen at managing to get viruses. Thank you for the feedback though!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:07 am
Mama Ame
Gotcha! Well I'll just stick to Netflix and if I ever get Hulu watch from there. I don't do tv sites. I'm the Queen at managing to get viruses. Thank you for the feedback though!

Official television show websites aren't that bad. They're fairly good at staying clear of any potential viruses.

It's the lesser websites where people illegally upload shows that tend to have more virus issues.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:03 am
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Official television show websites aren't that bad. They're fairly good at staying clear of any potential viruses.

It's the lesser websites where people illegally upload shows that tend to have more virus issues.

Yeah, I watched Supernatural on the CW site. So I know about official sites. I tried bbc America for Doctor Who but I didn't see episodes. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, that or it doesn't keep up episodes unless they're more recent.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:34 am
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Yeah, I watched Supernatural on the CW site. So I know about official sites. I tried bbc America for Doctor Who but I didn't see episodes. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, that or it doesn't keep up episodes unless they're more recent.

I believe BBCs episodes are only available on that side of the world.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:01 pm
Saikii
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

I believe BBCs episodes are only available on that side of the world.

Well, yeah, BBC has the region block. However, BBC America should be available to those living in America.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:13 pm
Daniel wants to get Hulu anyways. So problem solved!  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:14 am
Mama Ame
Daniel wants to get Hulu anyways. So problem solved!

Nice.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff