Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRP] Paint me the heavens (Sugar Rush x Snickerdoodle)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:05 pm
User Image Light steps brought her towards the crafters usual location and she wondered if the pale and violet male was around. She had been admiring his work for a long time coming and was wanting to see a little more of his goods. She was aware of the closeness of the males mother to her father and it really didn't bother her all too much, if anything this made her visit all that more interesting to her. Though she wasn't entirely sure the males relationship with her father, none the less. She was going to have a wonderful evening, so she hoped.

She thought about some of the items she had seen him paint, let alone what he could do on a lion. She wondered if he'd like to paint her at all, she was sure he wouldn't mind, if she asked sweetly enough anyway. She finally spotted him after some quick searching and approached him with a coy smile. "Good evening Snickerdoodle. Have I caught you at a bad time?" She said smoothly as she paused in her footsteps to see what he had been doing. "If so, I can always come again later when you have some time to spare for me." Her dark eyes looked towards his own for a moment before she looked away briefly.

SilverLutz
Oh the innuendos! haha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:29 am
User Image Doodle was spending the perfect evening by getting his paints ready for the next day. A lot of work went into getting the perfect mix of colors and he spent a few good hours on it, but he honestly enjoyed the process. He was letting a few mixtures sit and getting a new brush made when Sugar Rush appeared through the foliage.

"Oh, good evening," he said with a little smile. tilting his head a bit at her as she spoke. He had known her growing up although they never really had much one-on-one time. They both had a pretty big family and usually one of her siblings, parents, or one of his were around all the time.

"I've always got spare time for friends," he said, setting the makings of his brush aside. He had found that tying very delicate and new ferns to the end of a thick stick was the best, but he also enjoyed painting with thicker, coarser leaves and feathers. And, of course, sometimes his tail and paws got the job done.

"What can I do for you?"

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 am
She watched as he set down the brush he was working on and took a look over at the paints he had made. "I'm pleased you are able to spare some time for me." She said returning her gaze from his wares to him. "I've been admiring some of the work you've done and I have to say I am quite impressed with what you are able to do." It was true, her knack for crafting wasn't really the best. She had recalled many failed childhood attempts, though they weren't all bad.

"I was wondering if you'd be willing to do some work on me." She said with a small smile. She hoped it wouldn't be too much of an imposition for him as it appeared to her she had interrupted him while he was making some brushes and letting his mediums settle.

She wondered if she'd ever really be good at anything. She had tried her paw at quite a number of things, though she had always loved making jewelry. She just never thought it was good enough to try and give or sell to anyone. Though her brothers often reassured her that it looked wonderful, she knew they were just trying to make her feel better. Perhaps she just needed more practice. "That's only if you have the time or the materials that is. I don't want to impose."
SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:19 am
"There's always time for friends," Doodle insisted with a smile. His father being the god of laughter had an influence over him, of course, but even if Iiro wasn't his sire he would have still been a smiley guy. The only difference was he'd snicker and chuckle a lot when other lions would just smile, and smile when they'd have a resting expression.

He tilted his head a bit at her request, ears flicking in thought. He did have some spare paints from the past few days that he was loathe to simply toss because they were running low. He had many brushes that were still working as well, so it really wouldn't be a bother.

"Of course not! What did you have in mind?" he asked, motioning for her to follow him around the small pond where he liked to work. He kept a small cave full of his supplies, whether they were hollowed out coconuts full of paint or just the empty shells.

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:27 am
SilverLutz

She was very excited at the prospect of becoming a canvas for a piece of art. The closest thing she could think of would be her brother covering her in mud, though that wasn't art and it wasn't pretty. She looked over at him when he asked her what she had in mind and she hadn't actually thought about it. She followed him towards a small pond and she probably should have put a little more thought into coming over here. "I really didn't have anything in mind, I was thinking you could experiment. Do whatever came to mind."

She wasn't good at coming up with things on the spot so she figured at least THAT gave him something to work it. Unless he was out of ideas, then they would be in quite the pickle it would seem. "Have you been busy much?" She asked, inquiring about his work.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:25 am
"Hmmmm..."

Doodle rubbed his chin with his paw as he surveyed his canvas, pausing for a moment to pull out his paints and brushes. The little gourds and coconuts were pretty colorful themselves, having held lots of different paints over the months. Once he had all his supplies out he turned to look at Sugar Rush again, tilting his head this way and that.

"Well, the color of your pelt lends itself to the sea, or the sky at night," he said finally. "Perhaps some sort of ocean with the night sky?" He began to stir his paints with his tail, making sure to dip it into the pond to rinse it before starting new color. He didn't want to get the all mixed up, after all.

"Oh yes, although it's mostly cubs and adolescents," he admitted with a laugh. "That come for body painting, at least. Other things like leaves and rocks find new homes after a few days." He had painted a rather brightly colored thief the other day to blend in with the forest, and she had promised she'd be back for more.

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:21 pm
SilverLutz

She watched as he pulled out hallowed gourds and coconut shells with paints littering the innards of them. She had never tried to make paint herself but it was fascinating to her to look at. He did such a splendid job it seemed! She was really impressed.

She listened as he described what her pelt and came up with an idea. "I like that very much." She said with a smile and a small twinkle in her eye. He was good at what he did. She watched as he stirred the settled mediums and then grinned as he said it was mostly cubs and adolescents who sought him out. "It would seem that your days will always be filled with smiles and laughter if that is the case."

She wondered where she should stand. Should she get closer? "Where would you like me?" She asked looking around trying to figure it out on her own, but he was the painter so she figured he'd guide her.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 pm
"That's very true," Doodle said with a laugh. Cubs and younger lions were always fun to be around, and sometime his fellow adults would look at him if he laughed too loud or grinned too long. They were in a pretty liberal pride, that was true, but it was still a bit strange for an adult to be so free without having made a trip to the Dreamer's cave in the past few days.

"Hm...how about standing for now?" he said as he set up his paints. "And maybe later I'll need you to lay down, but standing works best for now."

He got to work after that, taking his time in laying his base paint down without covering up too much of her natural teal color. That would be most of the water with the darker purply paint he had made making up the sky.

"So how have you been? How's being a big sister again?" He knew the queen had just had another litter, but the cubs hadn't been presented to the pride yet.

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:27 am
SilverLutz

She wondered how cubs stayed still long enough if they wanted to get painted. The thought made her giggle aloud slightly as she watched him set up his paints. "I'm alright with standing. I could only imagine the hassle of trying to paint one of the cubs." She said with a warm smile.

She flinched only slightly when he started putting the paint on her but was soon used to the bombardment of paw and paint and allowed herself to just relax into the moment and enjoy it. She then realized he had said something. "Oh, I've been well. Trying to keep myself occupied. And I really haven't gotten a chance to meet them yet myself but I'm quite excited to have little cubs running around again." It made her want to have her own, it was just so hard to find someone suitable. "What of you? Have you been well?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am
Doodle stuck out his tongue in concentration as he started to mix the colors directly on her pelt, letting the water become more muted and smooth. He shook his head a bit at her question, the strange expression turning back into a smile.

"Oh, nothing new to report. I've been well, figured out a new way to make brushes...it's quite fun spending my time like this. I'm glad this pride is so open to letting those who don't care for hunting or fighting find their own niche."

As he moved to the sky he washed his paws in the lake, then began dipping them into the darker paints. He was always a mess, splotchy colored paws nearly every day, but he liked it this way. Being mostly white himself it was easy to tell where he had gotten paint that day.

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 pm
SilverLutz
I'm having an anxiety attack and I hate that random stuff just sets it off!! -growls at self-

She listened to him intently while he talked and she glanced over briefly to catch the look on his face while he was concentrating. She couldn't help but smile a little and she had to agree with him. They were very fortunate to have such a wonderful pride. "Oh? Would you mind telling me, or is it a trade secret?" She said softly with laughter in her voice.

"I'm very happy with how our Pride is as well.." She giggled slightly as he worked the paint over certain ticklish spots of hers and she did her best to stand still. "I can't wait to see what you've done." She said pleased that she had decided to come over here and do this.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:56 pm
"Oh, I could tell you, but it's rather boring," Doodle said with a little chuckle. "There's just lots of different plants, water, and the mud from the pond to hold it all together. The actual process takes a long time with a lot of tweaking. Maybe I could show you some day, it's much more interesting than just hearing about it."

He washed off his paws again before grabbing a brush between his teeth and dipping it into the yellow paint. Yellow was the hardest to make since there were very few berries or flowers that turned the pasty part of the paint the proper color. He began to apply little spots of color in the sky for the stars, and then mimicked them in the water. Once that was done he took his paw to the stars in the water, smudging them to make them match the ripples he had already made.

"There we go! All done."

AstoriaFallen
If you wanna wrap it up in your next post you can!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:08 pm
SilverLutz
XD I think I finished it.

She chuckled, she was certain she wouldn't find it that boring. Arts and Crafts were a sort of hobby for her, so she enjoyed hearing about them. They didn't have to be your profession for you to like them. At least she didn't think so. She listened as he talked about it a little and then offered to show her. She turned to look at him, a smile upon her face. "I would like that very much." Her voice was excited and her tail swished back and forth in tune with it. She was very pleased.

As he finished she turned to see what he had done and could see parts of it, but not much. She walked to the waters edge to look down at it and caught a reflection of the work he had just finished. "Oh my, it looks wonderful!" She looked over at him with a happy expression. "If there is ever something I can do for such lovely work you've done, please let me know." She said not wanting to give him nothing for the wonderful art he had created upon her body.

"I do have to get going though, You know where you can find me." She said giving him a friendly smile and a quick wink before wandering off.  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games