Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[VIKING] Skeletons and Dragons (Tryggr x Kira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:47 pm
User Image Tryggr was returning from his Viking, the band of lions he was with spread out as groups of Reavers tended to do. He was heading back the exact way he had set out a few days ago and he was curious to see if the lioness he had spoken to on the way out was still around. They had had a nice chat when he had left and he had invited her to hang around the area so they could talk on the way back as well. She had sounded interested in coming back to the pride with him and he wanted to make sure she knew the pros and cons.

The Stormborn really was a nice pride, but it wasn't for everyone. Kira had seemed very sweet and he knew that if she stuck around him for a while and got to know which lions to avoid and which were okay she'd be fine, but it was certainly a pride of tough love. His family was big and he knew they'd all stick up for her if she did come back as his Thrall.

He hadn't really thought he'd ever take a Thrall, but Kira could be an exception. She'd certainly not be treated as a Thrall since Tryggr didn't really approve of how they were made to clean dens and hunt while the Freeborn or Reavers sat around and did nothing. He'd appreciate an extra set of paws to help, but he wouldn't force her into servitude or make her do anything she didn't want to do.

Tryggr paused as he reached the area he had left Kira in before, lifting his head to sniff the light breeze. Hm...perhaps she was downwind of him.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:17 pm
Kira had no idea how long a Viking usually lasted - having only learned the term days ago, and still not fully understanding it - and so she had returned to the spot she had met Tryggr every day since. Of course, she had left to hunt, to find water, to sleep in safer places, and to.. well.. relieve herself, but she had always returned to wait.

From the moment she'd seen Tryggr, Kira had been intrigued, to say the least. After they had spoken, she was sure the lion would play an important role in her life, and she wanted to continue spending time with him. Learning that he was part of a pride was off-putting, even more so with what little she'd learned of his pride, but she had decided shortly after he'd left her - with assurances that he'd like to meet her again - that she was more than willing to follow him.

On this, the third day, she was returning to their meeting spot after a hunt, carrying with her a portion of her kill to share should Tryggr return, and a nagging doubt that he would. With the fresh meat in her jaws, there was no way she could catch a scent, but her heart swelled as she neared her new camp and caught sight of his reddish, braided mane. She quickened her step to a trot and smiled around her haul.

"You're here," Kira grinned as she set the meat down at Tryggr's paws. "I brought you something to eat." Her face warmed and she smiled shyly.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm
Just as he was starting to worry Kira wouldn't come back, Tryggr saw the black and white lioness returning to the area. A small smile crept across his muzzle as she brought him a rather fresh looking bit of meat. Aw, that was nice of her. He had gotten that vibe from her though, she seemed like a very kind and gentle gal.

"I am. I told you I'd return," he said with a slight nod. "And that's very kind of you. I hope you've had something to eat today as well?" He didn't want to eat if she hadn't, after all. He was rather flattered that she had thought of him and wondered if this had been a common practice for the days that he had been away.

"I'm glad to see you're still here," he admitted, sitting down to wait for her answer. If she hadn't eaten yet he'd share, otherwise he'd eat her little present.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:02 pm
Kira decided against mentioning that not all creatures kept to their word, and instead took Tryggr's statement to mean he was a lion of honour, whose word did have meaning to him. Yet another endearing quality.

"Yes, I ate when I made the kill," she assured him, " just in case you.. well.. I'm glad that you've returned," Kira fumbled, hastily but genuinely returning the sweetness as she tried to cover up what she'd been about to say. There was no point in mentioning it, since Tryggr had returned, and she certainly didn't want to offend him by admitting she had worried he wouldn't.

Even though she'd thought about this conversation many times over the past few days, now that it was here, Kira had no idea how to bring up her decision to go home with Tryggr to his pride. All she seemed able to do was smile.

SilverLutz

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:30 pm
Tryggr nodded a bit as Kira gave her answer and leaned down to sniff the little gift. Yes, very fresh, and antelope from the smell of it. She couldn't have known it was his favorite, but it made him smile a bit all the same.

"Well, that's very kind of you," he said as he lifted his head again to thank her. "I appreciate it." Food on the Viking was limited and he hadn't really had much more than a few mice in the past few days so the meat was very welcome.

He took a few minutes to eat, making sure not to scarf it down and get messy in front of her. He had manners after all, but it was hard once it touched his tongue. After he finished he took the time to clean up his face, rubbing one paw over his muzzle to get the little flecks of meat and blood off.

"So...you're still here," he said once he was finished. "Can I assume you're interested in coming back with me?" What he lacked in subtly he made up for in kindness, at least.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 am
Kira pretty much glowed with happiness as she watched Tryggr eat her gift. It had taken her a fair amount of effort to catch an antelope on her own, even though it had been a young one, but her exhaustion was totally forgotten at his gratitude and seeming enjoyment of the kill.

She waited patiently as he cleaned himself - giggling to herself at how cute it was, and happy that he was one of the cleaner lions. She'd seen her fair share of lions with no hygiene, and she couldn't say they appealed to her. To each their own, though!

Kira started at his blunt question, not at all offended, just a little surprised. She laid her ears back a little as her face grew hot, but smiled and nodded.

"Yes! I mean.. I do. If I can. I haven't ever really been in a pride.. Once, I almost was, but things..fell apart and the others vanished. I don't know how this works." Kira stopped short, thinking she might be starting to ramble a little.

SilverLutz

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:45 am
The reaction Tryggr got made his own chest tighten a bit in delight. He didn't know Kira that well yet but from what he did know of her, he was glad she would return with him. That meant she would be his Thrall and his to look after and care for, which he was perfectly fine with. She was sweet and thoughtful, not at all scary as her markings would suggest. She was a bit like him in that regard. His size and markings from his father gave him the appearance of a brute and, while he was strong, it couldn't be further from the truth.

"Not to worry," he said with a flick of his tail. "I'll show you the ins and outs of the pride. All you have to do before then is to stick by me as we head to the border of the Stormborn. We'll join up with the other Reavers in the Viking. A few others have found Thralls this venture out so you won't be alone in being a newcomer. Just stick by me and all will be well."

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 am
Rising to her paws - with a small bounce of excitement that she half hoped Tryggr didn't see - Kira took one step in the direction of his pride - my new pride if things go well. She was nervous, especially with all of the new, semi-recognized terms, but she felt comforted by Tryggr's tone. It was hard not to feel comforted by just his presence, even as she felt butterflies in her chest.

"Are you sure I'm allowed to come back? It seems like it isn't safe.. Well, if the other Reavers have Thralls, I guess it's okay.. What's a Reaver again? And a Thrall? I guess you're a Reaver.. and I'm a Thrall.. What do we do?"

Kira hoped Tryggr could follow her rapid fire of questions. Now that the moment was on them, she was definitely nervous. Happy, excited, antsy to start her new future with this male she'd met only days ago - oh, Gods, who knew you could fall so fast? - but so nervous. She had so much to learn!

SilverLutz

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:52 am
Kira's excitement and enthusiasm to go was surprising to Tryggr, especially with the way he thought he had left a sour taste in her mouth when he had left her a few days ago. Apparently not. That was good!

"I'm sure you're allowed. I wouldn't bring you back if you weren't. And I promise I'll keep you safe. That's part of being a Reaver and a Thrall. Traditionally a Thrall belongs to a Reaver, they take care of keeping the dens tidy and hunting, as well as any other errands or tasks the Reaver might want them to do. A Reaver, on the other hand, provides protection for the Thrall and makes sure their needs are seen to."

Granted, some Reavers treated their Thralls horribly, but Tryggr wouldn't do such a thing. His mother would beat him if she found out he wasn't treating those in his care with the utmost respect.

"That's a bit old-fashioned in my way of thinking, though. There's an event once a year where Thralls can fight their Reaver for their 'freedom' if you will, but if you ever wish to change your rank I'll gladly see to it that you become a Freeborn."

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:08 pm
Kira breathed a sigh of relief. Every answer he gave and the way he gave them comforted her. While she would never want to get Tryggr into trouble, she was also concerned about her own safety, of course. Knowing she was able to return to the pride and be safe, and that Tryggr would be personally ensuring her safety, was a huge weight off her shoulders. She was never very good at the fighting part of being a lion, being so reluctant to hurt anyone; but she was an amazing hunter, and a phenomenal housekeeper. She was very clean and good at keeping a home feeling cozy, plus she was knowledgeable about plants and useful items for healing, so she could help keep Tryggr healthy and tend to any wounds he might suffer during his Vikings.

She shook her head gently at his last statement. "I can't see that I'd ever need to do that. I'm very much happy with the set-up of a Thrall. Unless a Freeborn would have the same or similar duties, it's just somehow.. better? Even if I'm seen as your property by others, I don't mind that. It may even provide extra protection." Kira smiled.

She was confident that Tryggr would treat her with respect, even if she was technically his slave by pride rankings. And that's all that really mattered to her. She didn't need others to think highly of her; however, if Tryggr would prefer she was of higher ranking, or even if he provided a good reason, she would happily change. As long as she wasn't required to harm others - aside from hunting - she would be happy.

SilverLutz

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
"Freeborn don't have similar duties, they're like Reavers but aren't allowed to leave the pride unless accompanied by a Reaver or a Captain," Tryggr said with a shake of his head, his braids swinging a bit from the effort. "But if you're satisfied as a Thrall then I won't press another rank on you."

That said, he tilted his head in the direction of the pride. "We can talk as we walk. I'll answer any questions you may have as we go. All right?"

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:42 pm
"Oh," Kira blushed, "I still have a lot to learn. But, yes, for now, I'm more than content with the duties of a Thrall. It seems more peaceful."

Kira blinked affectionately at Tryggr. She understood that his rank in the pride may require violence of him from time to time, but she didn't judge him at all for his choices. While she was reluctant to cause harm, she didn't have anything against those who did. Really, she didn't have anything against anyone.

She padded off after Tryggr in the direction of the pride, asking question as the occurred to her - some serious, some in jest, such as whether or not she should act more like a prisoner. Would that make him look better? She had a lot of learning to cram into their walk.

SilverLutz
So this one is also wrapped up! Just have to wait for the acceptance, and I'll try to knock out another rp in the meantime with one of my other rogue girlies so they can breed whenever slots open. :3

She got accepted, so I'm going to post for her new cert, and get that other rp out of the way probably tomorrow since it's quite late here.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items