[Closed]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:43 pm
First, a few important points to consider before you read further.

> This is a lifelong mate plot. - She has had two flings, and I want a mate who will not leave her, nor a mate she will want to leave in the future. This means it needs to be a very good match with someone I can trust.

> This will be a long plot. - I am very VERY slow at rp right now. You will have to be patient with me. The previous point (lifelong) means I need a rp partner who won't mind it taking forever for this to happen. I'm still around, and health permitting, I always will be. But she's got things to do IC, and I have no intention of making this a quick romance. So time WILL be a factor to consider.

> I am picky. - Awani is special to me. Because of this, I may or may not have a reason to reject a prospective suitor. It isn't a personal insult, it's just me being picky. Please keep this in mind. I will do my best to let folks know if they are out of the running or have a potential.

> Be willing to talk with me extensively please! - She is a well-developed and complex character. I will try to share what I can about her, but inevitably something could come up that I didn't add here that will affect how she considers another character. This is partly why it will take some talking before I know if a prospective male will suit her or not.

> No blank slates. - This needs to be a match of personality as well as looks. If your character has no personality yet, or only a vague idea, please refrain from offering him. Non-rp'd characters are fine as long as they are well-developed in your head!

Will add more if it becomes relevant.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm
User Image

Meet Awani! OOCly, she is a cosplay of a World of Warcraft feral druid cat form. It's okay if this means nothing to you! You don't have to be a WoW player in order to have the perfect mate for her!

However, here is a list of absolute requirements:

Species - Male lions only, please. She has a preference for them.

Color - I will only consider cool colors or, hesitantly, mellow browns for her. Warm colors need not apply. So this means blues, purples, greens, and anything in between them are acceptable. Reds, pinks, yellows, and oranges are completely unacceptable, and will be rejected immediately. Browns are subject to individual consideration. Markings of unacceptable colors are okay in moderation. Neutrals (black, white, grey) are perfectly acceptable as well.

Personality - There are some key things you need to know here.
Awani will not be dominated. If your male needs to be top dog, please don't offer him as mate material.
Awani is a realist. This means she isn't interested in males with their heads in the clouds or who want a female who swoons over them. She isn't that way, and would simply walk off.
Crazy is not appealing. Whether it is the male himself or relatives she'd have to deal with, madness is not something she'd favor at all.
Awani will not be coddled. She is a warrior in her own right, perfectly capable of defending herself and fighting side-by-side with anyone else. She is clever, sly, and extremely good at stealth. Males who want a gentle, dependent, quiet mate need not apply.

So, still interested? Here are some things to know about Awani!

Awani is a fighter. She prefers stealth to brute strength, which makes sense for her species size. That being said, she understands techniques that allow her to handle fights with larger opponents. She also has a very strong sense of right and wrong, and will refuse to fight for the morally wrong side. She has hired herself out as a mercenary in the past, and has no difficulty with traveling long distances without any sense of 'home'. She is beyond her youthful years, though, and is open to the idea of settling down in one spot.

She has had two flings. The first was to be a willing mother to a litter of cubs for a male from a distant pride that needed to strengthen their dwindling numbers. She admired the stoic attitude of the male, and would have been perfectly willing to take him as a mate, had he not already had one he was deeply devoted to. She also had a great deal of respect for that devotion, and would never come between a mated pair like that.

Her second fling was less of a fling and more of a beyond-friendship pairing. The male had suffered much, was recovering, and needed a gentle heart to help his heart heal. Awani stepped willingly into that role, and came to admire and respect him for his endurance and kind nature. They had a litter of two cubs, and when they were still small they were attacked by a roaming male with evil intent. Their father came to their rescue and died saving them. It was a blow to her heart, but in truth she had never deeply loved him, not truly. She mourned him as a dear friend and a lost soul, but once the initial grief passed, she was able to face life once more with a light heart.

Now she is going to be traveling with her two children. They will go first to K'A to meet and visit with their extended family there. After a long visit, they will be moving on and finding Sikukuu. There her two children will find happiness and acceptance, and will choose to stay to make it their home. Once she sees them settled, she will be heading into the wild blue yonder, seeking whatever life may bring her next.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Got a boy you think would suit her? Then by all means, fill out the form and introduce us to him!

[img]CERT HERE PLEASE![/img]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Willing to Change Location?:[/b]

[b]Important Personality Points:[/b]
[b]Shortcomings:[/b] (if not mentioned above)

[b]What does your boy want in a mate?:[/b]
[b]Has your boy had a mate or flings in the past? Tell me about them!:[/b]

[b]Brief History:[/b]
[b]Your favorite RP with him:[/b] (link please)

[b]What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!:[/b]
[b]Anything Else:[/b]

I'll do my best to reply promptly to each offer so you know where you stand!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:00 pm
Questions and their answers will go here, so everyone can benefit!

Q: Is Awani willing to go on a few adventures?
A: She most definitely is willing and able to go adventuring still!

Q: Is Awani willing to persuade a male to leave his pride?
A: The answer is tricky. Simple answer: not likely. He would have to make such a decision himself. She is not an enabler. If he feels drawn enough to her to leave his pride that won't accept her, she'll support him in that. If he chooses the pride he's dedicated himself to rather than to her, she'll support him in that as well, and leave so as not to create strife in him. She would attempt to help him examine the pros and cons, pointing out things on both sides. She just isn't the sort to drag a male from his chosen duty, however. She doesn't consider herself more important than any other person, and thus wouldn't expect or demand a male to leave his entire life just to be with her.

Q: Does Awani want to join a pride?
A: OOCly I originally intended Awani to find a comfortable pride to call home for the rest of her life. ICly, she is looking for a secure place she can be useful with her skills as she ages, so a pride is a welcome thought. She doesn't feel it's a necessity, but it's definitely something she's considered in a positive light.

And with that, I declare this open!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:17 am
Quick question before I offer..

I have two males that I think might suit her. They both have well-developed personalities, but it's.. kind of in my head. I know exactly how I want them to be, but they've never been roleplayed. I care for them, I've just never been able to think of plots for them (one has a plot, actually, but I never got around to playing it out because it's a self plot and I wanted to get plots with other actual living people taken care of).

Is that still okay? I know you asked for well-developed, and they haven't been rped yet, so I wanted to make sure before I offered.

EDIT: I have to run to work, but I'll check Gaia right when I get home. :3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:00 am
Rennekae
Quick question before I offer..

I have two males that I think might suit her. They both have well-developed personalities, but it's.. kind of in my head. I know exactly how I want them to be, but they've never been roleplayed. I care for them, I've just never been able to think of plots for them (one has a plot, actually, but I never got around to playing it out because it's a self plot and I wanted to get plots with other actual living people taken care of).

Is that still okay? I know you asked for well-developed, and they haven't been rped yet, so I wanted to make sure before I offered.

EDIT: I have to run to work, but I'll check Gaia right when I get home. :3

Absolutely, that counts. "Well-developed" means pretty much you need to know your character. I have several that, like you, I've never rp'd, but that have very clear and defined personalities in my head. Non-rp'd characters are welcome, so long as they are not blank slates. ::nodnods::  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:00 pm
User Image
Name: Brutus
Willing to Change Location?: can go any where!

Important Personality Points: Strong, manly, loyal, brave
Shortcomings: prideful, stubborn can be pig headed.

What does your boy want in a mate?: he's looking for a strong, powerful lady who will challenge and try him. He wont be happy with a lady that isn't willing to at least go on a few adventures before settling down. He wants a partner not just a mate someone who he can protect while she protects him too, both emotionally as well as physically.
Has your boy had a mate or flings in the past? Tell me about them!: nope

Brief History: Brutus was born in to the roman pride and became a gladiator before rome fell. Though he was a roman fighter his mother was a great healer and taught him how to heal so that he could be a field medic. When rome fell he had no idea what to do with himself, having dedicated his life to the pride and to fighting and while his mother and siblings went to other prides he decided it would be best to strike out alone in to the rogue lands. Brutus was hurt when 'rome' fell so he has some emotional scarring and is looking for his place in the world, so far, he hasn't been able to do that on his own so he has decided to find a companion.
Your favorite RP with him: n/a

What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!: is she willing to go on a few adventures? Brutus is looking for a companion that will travel and learn his ways while he learns his companions.
Anything Else: I cant find any of his old rps he's pretty old. I think I only rpd him once or twice many years go!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 pm
Syrius Lionwing
User Image
Name: Brutus

What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!: is she willing to go on a few adventures? Brutus is looking for a companion that will travel and learn his ways while he learns his companions.

He certainly seems to be looking for someone like her. His colors are decent but not quite as striking as I might prefer. I'm a little wary on whether you will be here for the length of the plot? You were sorely missed when you had to take a hiatus. Regardless, Brutus is definitely in the running. We should talk concerning a possible meeting.

(To everyone else, this does NOT mean he's been picked! This will be a long process, so I don't anticipate picking anyone for a good long while yet. Keep those boys coming!)

Regarding your question, yes, she is definitely up for more adventuring!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:17 pm
I'm not going any where ^^! And yes aim discussion would be good. If you don't have me its syrius lionwing on aim.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:13 pm
User Image
Name: Ensis
Willing to Change Location?: Potentially

Important Personality Points: Ensis tends to be fairly even-tempered. He doesn't often get angry or even frustrated, preferring analysis to rage. His main goal in life is to improve his combat skills. He takes his responsibilities seriously.
Shortcomings: He is not particularly emotional, or at least has had no reason to be thus far.

What does your boy want in a mate?: He's not especially interested in a mate at this point in time, but he'd want someone who can take care of themselves, or at least someone who was willing to learn what he considers to be basic skills. He'd want someone who'd give him the same loyalty he'd provide as well.
Has your boy had a mate or flings in the past? Tell me about them!: Nada.

Brief History: Ensis made it into the Stormborn on his second attempt and eventually rose to the rank of Reaver. He sought the pride out in order to improve his combat skills, but any combat-oriented pride would've done. Stormborn just happened to be the first he found. He still loses most of his challenges, but that's okay as long as he's still learning, and as long as his opponents will make the pride stronger.

Ensis has one Thrall, claimed as a cub (see below link) whom he's trained. Yes, he technically owns her, but for the most part he's treated her as an adopted daughter with chores, not a slave.

Your favorite RP with him: Thrall Claims

What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!: Is she willing to persuade him to leave the pride?
Anything Else: Ensis does have family (parents & siblings), but he left them long ago to train.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:39 am
User Image
Name: Marzel
Willing to Change Location?: He has no issue joining a pride.

Important Personality Points: He's a little damaged, but he tries hard to be happy in spite of it. He despises 'evil' and is compelled to take action against it. Protective of loved ones because he knows what people can be like. Selfless, affectionate, playful.
Shortcomings: Puts himself in a lot of risky situations to stop wrong-doings, is suspicious and guarded with new people, has a 'grudge' against crazy people (Even if it's harmless).

What does your boy want in a mate?: Honesty, sanity, courage, strength (inner if not physical), someone inherently 'good'. Basically, he wants someone like his mother - she couldn't escape their father, but she knew she needed to get her cubs out of there and was willing to lay down her life for them. Someone who will be there for him just as much as he will for them.
Has your boy had a mate or flings in the past? Tell me about them!: Nope, no romance for him yet.

Brief History: He used to have a family, but his father was abusive and crazy and wouldn't allow anyone to leave, even after the cubs were adolescents. His mother tried to run away with the kids, and they were caught. His mother and one sibling were killed, he and two siblings escaped (I own one other, and I'm planning on getting the other customed). The three took care of each other until adulthood, when one brother left because he wanted to forget it ever happened. Recently, his sister left him to return home, where he definitely didn't want to follow considering the amount of crazy lions down there.
Your favorite RP with him: I haven't rped him. /ashamed

What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!: Does she want to join a pride? I hadn't planned anything for Marzel as far as that goes, but I'm okay with either way.
Anything Else: The family is definitely up for rp if you'd like to involve them, but it would be rather difficult. Since the sister lives in the land of crazies, and the brother (when made) will be pretending he never had a family.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:35 am
mouselet
User Image
Name: Ensis

What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!: Is she willing to persuade him to leave the pride?

Ensis is most certainly in the running. I like his looks, and his focus on bettering his battle skills is something Awani approves of. She wouldn't be terribly demanding in the emotional department, though she does need some emotion there. It could be interesting. His being in SB would be a challenge, though. We clearly will be talking, heh.

The answer to your question is tricky. Would she try to coax a male from his pride? Not likely. He would have to make such a decision himself. She is not an enabler. If he feels drawn enough to her to leave his pride that won't accept her, she'll support him in that. If he chooses the pride he's dedicated himself to rather than to her, she'll support him in that as well, and leave so as not to create strife in him. She would attempt to help him examine the pros and cons, pointing out things on both sides. She just isn't the sort to drag a male from his chosen duty, however. She doesn't consider herself more important than any other person, and thus wouldn't expect or demand a male to leave his entire life just to be with her.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:47 am
Rennekae
User Image
Name: Marzel

What questions do you have about Awani? Ask away!: Does she want to join a pride? I hadn't planned anything for Marzel as far as that goes, but I'm okay with either way.

Thank you for offering Marzel, but I don't think he'll suit Awani very well. I want some emotional stability for her in the long run. His background is incredibly intense, and she'd feel driven to 'fix' him, which isn't a good thing between mates.

In answer to your question, OOCly I originally intended Awani to find a comfortable pride to call home. ICly, she is looking for a secure place she can be useful with her skills as she ages, so a pride is a welcome thought. She doesn't feel it's a necessity, but it's definitely something she's considered in a positive light.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 pm
Syrius Lionwing

mouselet
(I know, you don't get quotes, but added you for consistency's sake.

Both good news and bad news. Good news for Awani, bad news for her prospective suitors. Tana and I have come to an agreement to mate Sliabh and Awani. So, as such, the search for a mate is ended. Thank you for your offers!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces