Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRP] Mastering the Art (Areo x Shimmer Smith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:27 am
AstoriaFallen

User Image

The militant ranks hadn't been her cup of tea, she was simply too 'clumsy' and had no inclination towards violence to be of use. The thought of being in a position where the thieves had been when they had kidnapped her was not one that she wished to be in if any event such as that occurred again. It would have done nothing good for her, if anything it would have upset her a great deal and left her questioning a little too much. Not that she judged those in that position harshly, she simply couldn't set aside her moral convictions in favour of the ends justifying the means.

Thus the young lioness had opted to pursue more artistic and mercantile professions. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to craft just yet, but she had some ideas and with a little practice she would be a huge hit (or so she assumed). All she needed to do, starting from today, was gather as many raw materials that she could find to establish her stockpile... and then promptly destroy them all until she was satisfied she could achieve a good end product.

All that she knew, was that everything needed to be shiny; be it rocks, feathers, flowers... they all needed to have a shimmer to them that would catch the eye and make them appealing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:37 pm
User Image

He had found himself in the Kizingo'zaa lands and it seemed to be that one of his half sisters lived here among them. This was all very exciting to him. He adored his siblings in the pridelands very much and the fact he was getting to know more of his family made him realize he hoped to have a family of his own one day. With lots of cubs! Oh yes, he wanted to be a very spoiled grandfather one day.

What had Solenn said to him? Find some jewelry? He could see that the Kizi were well equipped with making sure they had such fine arts and crafts. His sister had been adorn in a very lovely scarf and jewelry herself. He wasn't entirely sure he'd look good with such accessories. Then again, you never knew until you tried.

This pride was lovely, he had to give it that. And the smell of the sea? It was amazing to him. He could see why lions traveled to live here. As he walked around he spotted a pale colored lioness with light markings and figured he'd go over and see what she was up to. He really didn't have anything else to do. Though, he wasn't too familiar with how this pride worked and he hoped he wasn't doing anything wrong by saying hello.

"Good day to you." He said simply with a light smile upon his face as he approached the female slowly, not wanting to get too close in case not everyone here was friendly.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:07 pm
AstoriaFallen

She was used to strangers in the pride - they came and went, always welcomed, by the Kizi. As such, she was accustomed to random greetings or curious stares as she went about her day to day. She was sure that on some occasions her antics, and those of her pride, might look a bit strange to those who came from other regions. Consequently, he was greeted with a warm smile and the lioness turned around so that she could get a closer look at the individual who had spoken to her.

"Well," she murmured. "You could be a walking shadow with that coat," she observed and pushed one of her collected materials into the pile beside her. "Just as well you have that orange underbelly or no one would see you deeper in the trees," she added with a grin and finally took a seat, tail coiling around her hind legs.

"You're new," she stated. "Visitor or are we going to be seeing more of each other, hm?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:02 am
Epine de Rose

He chuckled at her words, wasn't that the truth. As much of a plus it was to have such a dark coloration, it was terribly uncomfortable during the warmer seasons. "It helps me stand out in a crowd." He said in reply to his orange markings. His size alone made him pop, but his coloration was familiar to something that could cause to get him in trouble in some places.

"Maybe a little bit of both." His voice was light and warm as he approached closer watching her push her collection of odds and ends beside her. "My sister is here so I may come back to visit now and again." He was very pleased to know that he had a sibling not too far away from where he was living. This made him very happy. It also allowed him to meet others which was always a plus in his book.

"What are you doing there?" His large paw motioned towards her pile of stuff.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:28 am
AstoriaFallen

"Ah, I'm not sure I know who she is," she confessed, not entirely able to put her paw on anyone who looked like him. Then again she might know someone by sight and like most large prides, had probably never even said hello. It really was a touch shameful in some respects. That being said, perhaps she would meet more of them now that she had determined what she wanted to be, and what she wanted to focus on, for the rest of her adult life.

"What's her name?" she continued, shuffling more of her collection into orderly piles. Once satisfied she took a seat and gave him her full attention; gypsy or no, she still remembered the manners she had been taught as a child. Not that the gypsies weren't polite, it was just that they had a more relaxed way of doing things!

"Ah this?" she peered at her collection briefly. "I'm training," she said after a moment of consideration. "I recently took on a profession and now it would be beneficial if I learnt it, otherwise I'll put everyone to shame," she said with a soft chuckle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:06 pm
Epine de Rose

"Oh, her name is Emera, but she goes by Misty Starlight." He said with a nod. Though he would assume she was probably trying to think of someone that looked like him. If you were to put the two side by side you'd never think they had the same mother. Since they were on the topic of names he figured he could actually tell her his since introductions hadn't been done yet.

"My name is Areoiris." He gave a slight bow of his head as he state his name. "May I have the pleasure of knowing who I'm talking to?" He asked her with a smile.

He glanced over at her pile as she mentioned recently taking on a profession. "Oh well with the items you have there I'm sure your profession is going to be quite handy." He said giving her a grin. He wasn't too certain what jobs they had within this pride and he was just a humble scout himself for his pride. "

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:20 am
AstoriaFallen

"Shimmer Smith," she offered with a smile and a slight wave of her paw. "They gave me the name Shimmer Smith when I came of age and chose my path," she clarified. For the longest time she had simply been a 'prince', which was a somewhat derogatory rank to hold. It wasn't her fault she had been kidnapped by them! Alas, it was all in the past now and she did have to admit it had actively encouraged her to work towards finding a better place in the pride... motivation as it were.

"Sadly, I don't think I've ever met your sister," she confessed. "I'm sure she's lovely though...but is she as um," she paused for a moment. "Well, as big as you?" she mused. Frankly if his sibling was anywhere close to his size then she'd probably have seen her even if she hadn't said hello!

She did, however, afford a quick glance at her own trinkets. "I want to make jewels," she explained and tilted her head to the side. "But it makes for fiddly work and I wouldn't trade anything I wasn't happy with, bad quality isn't very marketable, you know?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm
Epine de Rose

Shimmer Smith, he liked the name. So they did coming of age ceremonies, he thought that was rather awesome. His pride really wasn't much for things like that, but that's what made prides so different. Their unique customs and ways of doing things. He gave her a small chuckle. "Well,, she's roughly the same size but no where near my coloring... You wouldn't think we were related if you saw us by one another." He wasn't sure if she'd ask why or not but he wouldn't be ashamed to tell her that they had different fathers. It happened all the time, though he didn't really like to think of the way his mother was coerced.

He waved a paw at her. "Surely you have a wonderful quality and a good eye." He said warmly. "Surely they'd fetch a decent trade.. Do you have anything you've made already?" He would very much like to see what she had if she had made anything.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 am
"Ah, so she'd stand out anyway," she mused.

The taller than average lions were sometimes easier to recognise, maybe now that she was aware that his sibling was here she might be able to guess who she was in a crowd. It was food for thought and she'd certainly give it a shot. Ah, but had he found his sister all ready or had he only just arrived? He sounded like he already had a rough idea of where she might be so she'd avoid offering him assistance on that score unless he asked.

"Unfortunately I don't have anything right now," she confessed with a sheepish smile. "I was actually on my way to look for some materials if you would like to come?" she offered. "You can see what kind of things we work with and maybe even some other things that take your interest," she added.

"...And find your sister if you haven't already," she finished.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:42 pm
Epine de Rose

"Yes, I suppose she would." He remarked with a slight chuckle. She would definitely stick out in a crowd, at least he figured she would. He tended to at any rate so it wouldn't be surprising if she did.

He gave an 'ah' sort of look and lifted his head slightly. When she extended the offer for him to join her in search for some more materials he smiled. "I would very much enjoy accompanying you."

Perhaps he could even bring some stuff back for his sisters in the pridelands. While it wouldn't be much he knew they'd enjoy it a great deal. "Well, I can perhaps introduce you to her." He threw in as he prepared to follow her. "Lead the way my far Lady." he said extending his paw outwards.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 am
"That would be nice," she replied to his offer and finally rose to all fours, gathering her little bag to her, she then began to make her way down one of the many beaten trails that were used. There were several, all strewn out across the pride's territory and each tended to be used by a variety of disciplines. There were harder to see ones of course, those walked upon only by those who explored much more thoroughly, but eventually he would find that it wasn't easy to get lost if you followed these paths at least.

She certainly had plenty of items in mind that she wanted to pick up, but hopefully he would find plenty of his own to return with. His siblings would certainly be happy for a gift or two.

...At the very least, he would kill a few hours in the lioness's company while they both looked for pieces of treasure they would like to keep.

AstoriaFallen
/Fin!

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces