Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Dee Cipher the Alp (U/C)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:20 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Dee Cipher unintelligible rest here
Nicknames: Cy. Do not call him Dee, and ffs never call him DeeDee

Faction: Demon
Race: Alp

Natural Ability: Alps can naturally shapeshift into an animal, but they must choose between a cat, pig, dog, snake, or small white butterfly. They cannot change into one of these five at random; they must choose one form that they will have the rest of their natural lives, or the form will choose them. However, they must always wear their tarnkappe [hat] as they store their magic inside – if they are to lose their hat, they are unable to use their magic to turn back, and will reward anyone for the return of it.

Cipher’s natural form is that of an orange marmalade colored cat. Without the hole in the chest.

Background: Born into a rather inclusive community of alps, Cipher was kind of an anomaly, born with one-eye, but with the gift of speaking to others through dreams. The other alps always saw it as a strange thing to do -- why would you converse in dreams when you could talk normally when you're awake?

Puzzles are always some of Cipher's favorite things to do, and like his namesake, he can decipher them much faster than other people. He even liked to make puzzles that couldn't be solved by the majority of people, but made perfect sense to him. (lookin at ur zoo puzzles. lmfaoo)

Personality: Cipher is friendly to everyone, though at arm's length -- he mainly becomes friends to people to gain his ultimate love: information. He loves knowing things, and will sometimes make deals to get even more knowledge, depending on the circumstances.

Personal space isn't a problem with Cipher – despite being a loner, he welcomes personal contact, finding it comforting and soothing. It's probably a cat thing.

Cipher loves having two eyes. He loves having two eyes. Did he mention he loves seeing out of two eyes? Cipher is only used to having one eye in his catlike form, so having a human form with two eyes is amazing!

Of course, he'll still wear an eyepatch just because having two eyes is overwhelming, sometimes.

Anger isn't really something he shows very often, because it's a telltale sign whenever Cipher is angry - for some reason, he can't keep it to himself because his entire body turns a shade of red. How's that for a tell in a card game?

The only thing Cipher really hates is for anyone to get near or even touch his hat. His hat is the only thing that really gives him power/what he stores his power in, and he will completely flip out if anyone even tries any funny business with his hat. All alps consider their hats prized possessions, and out of respect, absolutely will not touch another hat, even if there are no alps nearby.

Oh yeah, and he doesn't like lemons. It's an alp thing.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? If Cipher had to be completely honest with himself, he was tired of not knowing enough about his own abilities to make it in life on his own, so he enrolled to further his abilities.

FEAR Ability: The Show Must Go On: With his FEAR, Cipher calls forth a cane to whack his opponent upside the head. A rather silly gesture, but it manages to work!

rework blurb? blue fire? dream fire?

This will work as Battle Cry.

Quote:
battle cry stats here

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Completely white eyes (no color), with black slits for pupils.
Hair Colour/Style: Blond on the front and top, black only behind the ears/bottom/under the blond. See references!
Skin Colour: Bronze tanned skin - like this.
Clothing Style/Colours: Something close to these: [1] [2] [3] [4] with black suspenders under the main jacket, black pants, black gloves, and a black bow tie. Feel free to deviate from the examples however you want to fit the TiH setting ty!
Extra: A hat is a must for an alp.
References: coming soon. no, i am not using bill cipher references. this needs to be changed. i need to draw this.

THEME SONG! coming soon

Cipher's words will be this color.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:00 pm
zips to quests hello hi

While dream demons are very much legit, direct character cosplays are not. Bill Cipher is a known character from Gravity Falls and having a 'version' of him in shop isn't possible in TiH. We allow homages to famous well established iconic characters such as for example Pyramid Head.

IE:In shop we have Ash, played by astra, who is a reaper based on the lore of Pyramid Head. However the actual character from the games does not exist anymore/is a figurehead/unrelated/will never come into play.
So while you can have a Dream Demon Alp for sure, they can't be a direct cosplay of an actual character or be so alike that the two would be otherwise no different. Characters need to basically be independent of lore sources in themselves. I hope this helps you and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Kanth

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:45 am
iStoleYurVamps

Thank you! I'll work on him a bit more and differentiate him a lot for this world/setting so that he's a different character. I thought I did, but apparently I didn't do it enough, so I'll definitely work on this in the meantime.

Thank you Vamps! gaia_kittenstar  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 am
Kanth
iStoleYurVamps

Thank you! I'll work on him a bit more and differentiate him a lot for this world/setting so that he's a different character. I thought I did, but apparently I didn't do it enough, so I'll definitely work on this in the meantime.

Thank you Vamps! gaia_kittenstar

The name is definitely a part of it; no vampire can be named after Dracula, no skeleton after Jack Skellington, etc! (: There's a few students that came about before we really clarified this, so totally understand why you might not have realized!

(the cutest natural form forever omg a cyclops kitty bahHAsdfsd)  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:10 am
iStoleYurVamps

lurks beneath

OKAY I think I took out most of the tell tale signs, and just renamed him to Decipher/Dee Cipher. Any other tweaks I need to make?

Please and thank you emotion_bigheart gaia_kittenstar

(AND THANK YOU I love Cyclops kitty so much omguh adsjskldfj)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 am
dropping in as per request!

Approval pertinent-
Dee should not have the ability to see into the future. As far as I know, being able to reliably predict the future is an OP natural ability, and in itself, would have to be taken as a natural ability even if on a vague sense.
He can say he knows the future by dream divination, but it wouldn't be real- it would legit just him lying through his teeth and making things up. That would be well and fine. (Sorta like how horoscopes work- vague enough they can be applied to anyone at any time).
Being born with one eye is fine, having the gift of foresight without it being a natural ability (which isn't relative to alps as far as I can find), however is stretching it I'm afraid.

I'm also hesitant to say that the references provided are alright to use as not only are they all gijinkas of Bill Cipher, they edge close to cosplay and into a very wibbly wobbly territory I cannot make a call on as it is zoo and liz's realm of what is and is not acceptable. So, be advised that you might have to rethink his design and appearance as to not be considered a gijinka-rip/cosplay. My suggestion would be to focus on the ringleader aspect of the character or the salesman aspect. You could also aim for a more 'gentlemanly' look.

FEAR: No summon items, sorry! Items remain a reaper only thing so this would have to change.

kanth

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items