Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP]Never too Safe (Inkivaari x Yukiko)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:52 am
User Image
Inkivaari came up to the water hole a little bit of hesitation in his step. It hadn't been that long that the male hyena had been out and about on his own and he was still working on figuring out how to live life all on his own. He found a paranoia that had grown in him. He was constantly looking over his shoulder, perhaps it hadn't been the best idea for him to strike out on his own.

Coming to the waters edge Inkivaari looked around him, he was relatively alone where he was. There was only a few others in the area, a few elephants clear on the other side of the water whole. He bent his head to take a long cool drink careful to keep his eyes on where the elephants where. Should they start to stamped he needed to know.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:42 pm
nessiaing

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yukiko was hot. It was a strange, foreign feeling to the hyena. She had come from the icy north where heat had never been an issue. Actually it was quite the opposite, if you got too cold up there you'd die. But down on the plains she was facing, or like suffering, the other extreme of Africa. The near-unbearable insufferably hot days.

She didn't mind the heat and the constant panting she needed to do to keep cool, she could take it. Or at least that's what she told herself. It was worth it to feel funny grass tickle her nose and chase food without snow buildup on her legs as she ran.

She didn't like the flies though. Stupid little buggers were buzzing around her ears and Yukiko let a whiny moan loose as she slapped at them fruitlessly. "Go away." She told the pests, but they didn't listen to her. They just kept coming back!! Feeling defeated at her failed attempt to get rid of the bugs the hyena headed towards a watering hole.

She noted the large beasts on the other side of the water. Er, what were they called? She forgot. But she knew she didn't want to be smooshed by one. Still, she bravely continued to saunter towards the water. Once at the edge she proceeded to dunk her head under the water, hoping that the flies would give up now. Besides the water felt nice all of her face. It was cooler then the heat of the sun...  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:33 am
Inkivaari had been so focused on watching the elephants on the other side of the watering hole that he hadn't noticed the female hyena come up beside him. When he lifted his head after his drink he spotted her and actually stumbled backwards falling on his rump.

"Errr uh Hello." he greeted her shuffling back and up to his feet. He tried to ruffle off any dirt now staining his white fur. "I um didn't see you there." he mumbled. Inkivaari had been socially awkward when he had family around to make things easier, now he was just about a lost cause.

CaliWolfe
I am so sorry for the long wait. I can't remember were we talking about flinging these two?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:23 pm
Yukiko felt refreshed after taking a good long drink. She lifted her head in surprise as the male next to her stumbled backwards and landed on his behind. Her initial reaction was to grin. How silly! She wondered why he had fallen, the ground here wasn't made of ice, it wasn't difficult to walk over. Maybe she spooked him? That thought made her giggle, Yukiko hardly considered herself threatening in any way.

Oh, except towards bunnies. She was pretty threatening towards bunnies because she wanted to eat them.

She opened her mouth to ask if male was alright after slipping like that but he started talking first. She clamped her mouth shut. Then when he finished talking she thought of what to say to him now.

"Hello." She decided on. "Sorry I spooked you!" She added.

nessiaing
I honestly forget if we were or not but I think we might have discussed it once? I'm perfectly fine if we do or don't have them fling, it's up to you. :3

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:04 pm
Inkivaari decided there wasn't anything thing to do but laugh. "You did." he admitted with a shake of his head. "I suppose I am more skittish than I would like to think." he told her a laugh still in his voice. Inkivaari didn't have a problem with laughing at himself, he wasn't able to get through life any other ways.

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat. He didn't want to be so awkward around others but he couldn't seem to get himself sorted out, the laughing helped though. "My name is Inkivaari" he told the female in hopes that they could move past the moment of him falling.

CaliWolfe
Sorry I suck at this staying on top of things.I would love for them to breed I think the teal and brown would make cute babies. We can do mates or just a fling depending on how they get along. I will try to stay on top of stuffs better <3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:23 am
She supposed being skittish wasn't too horrible of a condition. Could be downright paranoid and slowly turning insane but instead the male seemed to just be a bit... um... Careful. Careful was good. Being careful kept people safe. Was always good to be a little bit careful.

"I'm Yukiko!" She replied with a smile. Her eyes drifted over to where the big grey-skinned beasts were standing. Hmm. It bothered her she couldn't remember what they were referred to as... Maybe Inkivaari knew. "Do you know what those are called?" She nodded her head in the direction of the big grey monsters. "I can't remember."

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:58 am
The more the female spoke the more Inkivaari relaxed. He could feel the tension rolling off his shoulders. When she asked him a question he didn't hesitate to answer the awkwardness leaving him just a little. "They are called elephants." he told her with a nod.

Turning so that he could see the elephants again he continued, "They are kind of majestic creatures. Hard to think something so huge can move around. They are amazing to watch really but you don't want to be around if they get spooked and start a stampede." He turned back to Yukiko, "Its dangerous when they start moving like that they trample everything and anything that happens to be in their way."

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:10 am
Yukiko frowned. She didn’t want to get trampled by the big grey beasts- elephants. She also didn’t know what this new word, “majestic” meant. Strong? Powerful? Yeah, that’s probably what it meant.

“Let’s just not spook them then.” She told Inkivaari as her smile returned. She briefly dwelled on how elephants were able to move. “Maybe they’re rocks that came to life.” She mused aloud, completely serious about her suggestion on the matter. “Because rocks are sometimes gray, and the Elephant’s skin is gray.”

“What do you think?” She asked her nervous new friend.

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:02 pm
Inkivaari watched the elephants has his new friend spoke. He bit back a laugh when she suggested that they looked like rocks. He could hear that it was a true thought not a joke. He studied them though and could actually see what she was saying.

"Yes they look like the could be rocks come to life don't they. They skin so dry and they have wrinkles that look like cracks that rocks get." he smiled turning back to his friend.

"What do you think we get away from here and the live rocks." he told. He had had his fill of water and he didn't really want to be here when the elephants started moving, they could make the ground shake. "I have a kill not far from here it is still pretty fresh. I am willing to share." he told her his head cocked hoping she would come along with him. He was happy to have another hyena to spend some time with.

CaliWolfe
I suck sorry life has gotten away from me. Your girl is so cute! Hahah

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:02 pm
“Exactly!” Yukiko nodded with smile. She was glad that she had met someone who understood her way of thinking. Not many did, truth be told. They’d think she was being funny when she was serious, or the other way around. So it made her glad that Inkivaari understood her thought then.

Food? Being offered of food was something Yukiko would always take up. Perhaps because it was always scarce up north where she’d come from. Or it could just be because she really liked food. In any case, she nodded a bit too enthusiastically at her new friend’s offer.

“Yes! Yes, let’s go there. The living rocks can’t hurt us there.” She grinned widely, in an attempt to be reassuring to Inkivaari’s skittish nature. “And, and- it’ll be fun!”

nessiaing
sorry this took so long!

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:24 am
The male breathed a sigh of relief when she agreed to come with him. He wanted to get out of the area but he didn't want to leave the female just yet.

"Awesome" he told her a smile naturally spreading on his maw. "Right this way." he told her turning his back on the elephants and heading back towards the den he had been calling home.

CaliWolfe
Fin. Let me know if you want to do another with them.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games