Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[LOG] It's a Trap (Ummi x Gil)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:43 pm
Moose: It had been a few weeks since Gil's dispersal from the K'Z. He still wasn't sure if he would return or not, but he did know this; Gil was lonely. He lived each day in the same routine; wake up, work, talk a little, and then sleep. As a rule he tried to distance himself from others, not because he wanted to, but because he didn't know how to react to them. His parents were socialites, but Gil? He couldn't get through a simple conversation without offending someone.

The tall lion padded his way across the softer terrain, moving his silver form through the briars and brush. In his wake he left a trail of blood; some of his own and some of his opponents. Gil's shoulder was torn open, and even though it was a flesh wound the thing had yet to stop bleeding. That's what worried him. He hadn't seen another soul in miles and he couldn't reach the spot himself. This is bad. Real bad.

neessiaing: Ummi had ventrued away from her dad and Kip. They weren't too far away infact she was pretty sure that they were just giving her the illusian of independance. She couldn't hear them to know but she was pretty sure that they were always keeping an eye on her. She swooshed her tail in frustration. It wasn't bad enough that she was deaf and walked with a limp but she had to deal with her dad and his girlfriend babysitting her all the time. Although they had officially declared their relationship as anything, not to Ummi at least, she knew the truth of it, her aunt was now her stepmom.

"I DON'T NEED YOU TWO HOVERING OVER ME!" she yelled angrily. She had no concept of how loud her voice was but she was pretty sure she had yelled just about as loud as she could.

Moose: Gil covered his ears with his paws, and looked around him. The action irritated his wounded shoulder, but Gods above, that had been too loud. He lowered his paws cautiously, afraid for a repeat. Almost as soon as he had spotted the lioness she had let loose with this bellow that could wake the dead. He couldn't see anyone else, but they could have been hidden for all he knew. All Gil really cared about what the female in front of him, and the possibility of assistance.

He came around to her front in an effort not to scare her, and exited the brush. "Do you always yell at trees like that?"

neessiaing: Ummi froze when they grey male appeared infront of her. She found herself hoping that her Dad or Kip really were close by. Since her deafness Ummi had never had to deal with someone other than her dad, Kip or Kip's son's little family that they were sticking aroudn with. Her eyes darted around as she looked for her dad or Kip, leave it to them to be teaching her a lesson at this time.

She saw the males mouth start to move and she tried to focus in on it. In the first months following her deafness Ummi had refused to try to read lips despite Kip's insistance on teaching her. Now she was stuck in a situation that she really needed the skill. She studdied them hard watching what he was saying. He didn't look like he was going to hurt her but she did note his bleeding shoulder.

Struggling she started to shake her head, "You have to talk slower." she finally said. She hated this, she would be much happier living a life of solitude and never having to deal with reading people's lips ever again.

Moose: This is a trap. Gil's training put him on high alert as soon as the lioness started to look around. It was likely that he was surrounded with the majority of enemies centered on his flank. If they were smart they would attack his wounded side first, so he made sure to keep a sharp, peripheral eye on that area.

Gil cocked one brow up. That was...not usually what one said during an ambush. "Okay," he nodded, and tried to do his best with the next few statements. "Do you usually talk to trees? Where are the others hiding?" At this point he was willing to humor her, hoping at any moment she would crack and the fight would begin so the awkwardness would die out. Talking like this was harder than he thought it would be.

neessiaing: Ummi did her best studying his lips as he spoke. "Talk to trees? Who is talking to trees?" She asked him utterly confused as to what this male was prattling on about.

She shook her head angry growing slightly. This was the worst first encounter she could have with someone out side of her family. It should serve to reinforce what Kip had been trying to tell her about needing to learn to read lips but instead all it did was infuriate the petite lioness.

"Its not nice to talk nonsense to someone who can't hear you. You must think you are so smart." she said to him her tone sour and firery.

Moose: "YOU." Gil tried to enunciate plainly. The tension in his soul was beginning to shift into aggravation. This wasn't funny at all. if he was going to be jumped he'd wish they would just get it over with. Due to the adrenaline building in his veins, Gil didn't notice just how much blood he was loosing.

"I'm not..." He growled and shook his head. "It was sarcasm. You were talking to lions who aren't there." Why did he feel a cub who had copped attitude with his mother? This was horrible. Deciding to drop the slow talking, Gil took a step forward. "Drop the act. Are you a bandit? If this is your scheme, it's a poorly thought out."

neessiaing: "They aren't here?" Ummi whispered a little surprised and suddenly a whole lot more scared. "I thought my dad and Kip would be close by they normally don't leave me alone. They don't think I can take care of myself." Suddenly all her firery spirit was gone and instead she sounded like a sad scared little girl.

"You are talking too fast again." She told him as she watched his lips move catching the odd word here or there. "Act... Bandit... Scheme." she said each word slowly as she picked them up and tried to piece them together. "I am not acting I am deaf, can't hear a damn thing." she told him knitting her brow as she spoke. "No Bandits no Scheme, you said it yourself their is no one else out here." she told him.

She shifted her gaze to her shoulders. "You are bleeding." she said suddenly she was distracted by the amount of blood dripping from the male's shoulder. She felt a little bad she hadn't noticed sooner, it was his fault though he had refused to talk slowly enough for her to follow.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 am
nessiaing

"I haven't seen any other lions besides you, but I'm sure you'll surprise me." Where were they? No matter which way he turned his head he couldn't see anyone, but the slight movements he made with his paws seemed to push more blood out of his wound.

The whole situation left him dizzy. She was deaf? And there wasn't an ambush? But...Gil didn't noticed when he started swaying. For a moment he tried to widen his stance, give himself better support, but that didn't seem to help. All at once his eyes rolled back into his head, and he fell onto his left side.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 pm
Ummi was so focused on his lips while he was talking trying to figure out what he was saying that she missed the signs of him being woozy. She started towards him when he started to fall but she was too late he hit the ground with what she assumed would have been a loud thud.

She stood there looking at the male on the ground, panic was starting to rise in her throat. She looked over her shoulder wondering if her dad and Kip were really far away. Should she try to raise the wounded lion or just run to get them. She knew they would't be too far even if they were out of ear shot right now... well Kip was always out of ear shot, but she clearly wasn't with in sight right now.

She moved towards the shrubs and yanked off as many leaves as she could. She packed them around the wound and then whispered in the lions ear. "I will bring help." she wasn't sure if he was able to hear her but she hoped that she would make it back in time. She turned and ran as fast as she could with her limp. She was worried that he would wake up and move while she was away or worse something would come along and try to hurt him. She just had to hope that she was fast enough.

Painted Moose
fin

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces