I am both excited and depressed about the holiday season. The following may seem like a rant but it is just my opinion...There is the joy of spending time with family, eating good foods, even getting presents but on the same days there is fighting with family, over eating to the point of discomfort and of course fretting over whether you got the right gift for each person along with the fear that you may not have enough money to pay your regular bills thanks to all the gifting. Tis the season takes on much more than one thought to different people and in case you ever wondered why more people are depressed during the holidays then it really just requires a little thought to figure that out. As for a solution, I'm not sure there is one other than possibly not getting so caught up in it that we start to have negative feelings towards ourselves or others for not living up to the expectations of the season.

Long story short, chill out and try to enjoy the happy feelings while not dwelling on the negative things that happen.