Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:40 am
This is a contest for a Boneland's cub.
Pride information
• She must stay in the pride and can only leave if the Ithambo disbands.
• Zulu names prefered, pride lore.
• End date: 16th Jan

User Image Ilanga
Named for the sunshine colour of her fur, Ilanga has a sunny, optimistic disposition, more inclined to claim a kill half-saved rather than half-eaten. Yet she is not frivolous in the slightest, a very practical lioness with the independence and experience that makes a good Cinga. She is devoted to her sisters and the pride as a whole. Good friends with Simosihle and by extension Njalo.
Having been born and raised in the pride, as her mother was a Busisa. Her father was from the last rogue swap and she has two other sisters in the pride. (Ukungcola [CaliWolfe] & Imvula [Andranis]) Their mother died last year in a hunting accident. She received a vulture from a hatching when she was a cub, and as expected, she become a Cinga when she grew old enough

User Image

Jasiri: He sired only one litter before meeting Ilanga, and was challanged and defeated by an ex-Boneland's son called Gabedi not long after the pair spent time together. With Jasiri gone Ilanga's cubs are likely to be his last litter in the pride.

Information:
Ilanga is a Cinga, as such she spends more time on her own with her vulture than most Boneland females ever do. She is a traveller, moving all over the pride's territory on the lookout for rogues, hyenas and anything else of interest. She defends the land and is well adept at looking after herself. These qualities she will pass onto her cubs through advice and training as they grow. Both boys and girls will be taught how to survive on their own, how to hunt solo and how to track prey and encroaching rogues. She will encourage each cub to be true to its nature, the girls of course will stay in the pride, but if the boys wish to do the same Ilanga will be 100% behind their decision. They are her first cubs after all and while she is a very independent lioness, she of course wants to keep her babies safe. If the boys decide to leave, she will prepare them for life as a rogue to the best of her considerable abilities. And if any of the cubs wish to follow her pawsteps and take a vulture companion, she will help them locate their very own vulture (OOC I will be trying to get a breeding out of Ilanga's bird Idla, but it may take a ltitle while).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:49 am
The rest of the litter:

User Image Jaila [Tanakako] A shy cub, she looks up to her mum and dreams of one day being as confident and accomplished as Ilanga.
User Image Jasirku [Annchen] Named for the father
User Image Cub 3 - Contest cub
User Image Isikali [Painted Moose] He'll be on of those boys that will do what his mother says while she's there...but might go off on his own when she isn't. Fasinated with snakes.
User Image Nesibindi "fearless" [Talencia] He wants to fight, and fight well. He'll probably be tussling often with whatever he can find to wrestle and mock-fight with. At first he'll be dismayed if he hurts his 'opponent', but as he grows into his teens, he'll apologize for nothing short of almost killing his opponents. This is one serious fighter!
User ImageIntuthwane [Annchen] She managed to crawl away and get in trouble with a bunch of ants as a wee thing.
User Image Makhosa'zana [Tanakako] Despite being named 'princess' Mako is a complete tomboy. Of all the cubs she gives her mother the most trouble, getting into everything and constantly running off to play with anything that looks interesting and dangerous.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:36 am
User Image

The sunspot
Second born daughter, and third born of the litter, this little golden girl is the one who most closely resembles their mother, as even the third brother has little dot markings on his flanks. Also as the only true golden cub she also looks the most like their father.

[b]Name:[/b]
[i]Meaning:[/i]
[i]Origin:[/i] [Should be Zulu]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Future Rank:[/b]
[i]Do you accept that she must stay in the pride:[/i]

End date: TBA  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:03 am
Open!  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:57 am
Name: Igolide
Meaning: Gold
Origin: Zulu
Personality: Igolide is certainly her mother's daughter, for she has had a streak of independence from day one. This independent nature will grow into an adventurous spirit and while she is not unsociable, Igolide will desire to become a Cinga like her mother, so she has some more freedom in her lifestyle.

While independent, Igolide is also a prideful lioness, taking pleasure in her golden fur. She may not have fancy markings on her pelt like her siblings, instead of being bitter about it, she decided it's what makes the the most special and has a tendency to flaunt it, especially when she's older and spots a handsome male.
Future Rank: Cinga
Do you accept that she must stay in the pride: Yes  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:14 am
Name: Kwelanga
Meaning: sunshine
Personality: Kwelanga is a proud lioness. She loves that in her own way she looks the most like her mother and the most like her father. Because of her pride she will strive to become a female leader within the pride. With her pride comes a fierce loyalty she will protect whats hers with her life, that being said if you cross her you better watch out. Despite her intense personality she is a happy girl. She will work hard for what she wants but she plays hard too.
Future Rank: Umzingeli eventually though I would like to see her raise to the rank of Umama.
Do you accept that she must stay in the pride: Absolutely I want someone in the bonelands!  

nessiaing

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:16 pm
Name: Noxolo
Meaning: Mother of Peace
Personality: Noxolo is a clever and witty cub that can most often be found at her mother's side. She is proud of who she is and tries to learn as much as she can from the lionesses about being an upstanding member of her pride. She can be a bit of a tattler because she feels that her siblings should be just as knowledgeable and mature as she tries to be. Regardless, Noxolo can be found playing and romping with her siblings as well, she just wants to grow up fast. As an adult, she will be a very traditional lioness and will consider herself a shining example of an umzingeli.
Future Rank: Umzingeli
Do you accept that she must stay in the pride: Absolutely!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 am
Going to give this another week then I'll be looking to choose a winner. So if you want to enter, post soon!  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:42 pm
*Coughcough* I ended up unable to resist xD;

Name: Injabulo
Meaning: Joy
Personality: As her name might suggest, Injabulo finds joy in everything. She's a very happy-go-lucky cub, always looking on the brighter side of things. While she's aware her father won't be present in her rearing, she's fully aware that it's just the way things are and that it'll mean no risks of inbreeding. She looks up to her mother and aunts, wanting to emulate them quite a bit. Bulo also has a deep hatred of snakes that she can't quite place.
Future Rank: Cinga
Do you accept that she must stay in the pride: Yes  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:04 am
This will be ending on saturday!! Judging on Sunday. So any last minute entries need to be in by Sunday morning GMT.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:24 am
OVER!!!
I'll post the winner soon!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:29 pm
Good luck everyone!  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:29 am
This was a really hard descision. Sorry it took a little longer than planned guys! And thank you all for participating. I hope to have another Ithambo breeding to give cubs away soon!

nessiaing
Grats Ness!!! I'm looking forward to having a future Umama in the family!

User Image

Name: Kwelanga
Meaning: sunshine
Personality: Kwelanga is a proud lioness. She loves that in her own way she looks the most like her mother and the most like her father. Because of her pride she will strive to become a female leader within the pride. With her pride comes a fierce loyalty she will protect whats hers with her life, that being said if you cross her you better watch out. Despite her intense personality she is a happy girl. She will work hard for what she wants but she plays hard too.
Future Rank: Umzingeli eventually though I would like to see her raise to the rank of Umama.
Do you accept that she must stay in the pride: Absolutely I want someone in the bonelands!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:13 am
Tanakako

OMG thank you so much. My first bonelander  

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:25 am
nessiaing
Tanakako

OMG thank you so much. My first bonelander

Congrats! X3 I'll be posting them for certs today.  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games