Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Orb Union-A Gundam Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild Dedicated to all series of Gundam! 

Tags: Gundam, Orb Union, Roleplaying, News, And More 

Reply Roleplay Forum
New lighter RP?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:42 pm
So I understand not everyone is excited for the strict narrative of the current popular RP (Reconstruction) and had an idea of an RP where the story isn't taken directly from one already in gundam, so we don't take the SEEd or 00 story. Rather, taking suits from other eras a new story would be made. Of course this means that each unit's technology will need to be uniformed to a certain degree which I don't think will be hard. Beam sabers will clash, beam rifles and launchers would have their own perspective powers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:01 pm
I don't think the current rp is strict. You just have basic Rp laws enforced!  

Saviour43
Crew

Trader

Orb Network
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:29 pm
* passes silently and observes *  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:40 pm
Saviour43
I don't think the current rp is strict. You just have basic Rp laws enforced!

I don't mean strict as in rules but as in limitations. As far as I am aware, gundam fans like suits from every series and love each story, but the few replacement RP's I've tried have fallen sort of starting. This is also a chance for a new story and suits that haven't been as loved.  

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:42 pm
Orb Network
* passes silently and observes *

*throws masterball*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:37 pm
The issue is likely that many eras have different levels of technology. Some Gundams even have limited energy sources while others are nigh infinite. Some have advanced combat computers like Veda or the Zero System available. Some can beam spam and others can't. Balance in such a Crossover RP tends to be a huge problem.  

Toshiro Yuki
Crew

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:06 pm
Toshiro Yuki
The issue is likely that many eras have different levels of technology. Some Gundams even have limited energy sources while others are nigh infinite. Some have advanced combat computers like Veda or the Zero System available. Some can beam spam and others can't. Balance in such a Crossover RP tends to be a huge problem.

Those are the biggest issues that would occur, and it would be difficult to decide how to deal with such unique designs. I think it might be best to create a story and then ask for unit suggestions, and from those create their weapons, capabilities, names, etc, and this would allow for some things that aren't necessarily gundam to be added.  
Roleplay Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games