Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Lafe - Pooka Misfit (READY!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:10 pm
User ImageAMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Lafe
Nicknames: ... none that he'd ever let YOU call him.

Faction: Demon
Race: Fox Pooka (Púca)

Natural Ability: Shapeshifting. Ability to shapeshift into a fox. Retains his eye color in this state, unable to hide it. His ears and body, as a fox, are solidly red lacking the blackened tips or paws of a normal fox. His tail, however, is entirely white.

Personality:

There is something wild and untamed about Lafe that sets him apart from others. Despite having a human form, he is a fox - an animal. Even being raised to be part of society and courtly functions, to be charming, he is sometimes feral in how he reacts. As if he was nothing more than the animal he truly is or some unruly child of the forest.

Lafe is easily overwhelmed by the moods around him. Good environments are well received but annoying personalities that clash against his own will quickly wear him down and make him want to retreat back to his small group of friends. On the other hand this makes him an excellent friend for those that are close to him, those few he lets in, because he's able to understand others much better than he sometimes understands or expresses himself.

Promises and rules are things that are held in the highest regard where Lafe came from. He is a promise keeper if you manage to get one from him, even to his detriment in some cases. This makes Lafe something of an expert of a bending rules and finding loopholes to work around. If one is not specific enough, they might just find the fox doing far from what he was asked to do.

Curiosity and mischief are second nature to the young fox. Like most other of his kind, Lafe finds delight in being something of a trickster. Sometimes he finds fun in knicking small objects from people especially when he can put it somewhere and you spend ages looking for it. Then there are moments where he just keeps the stuff he's stolen because it's shiny. After all, once in his possession it is his now, not yours.

For those few that he calls friend, Lafe is incredibly loyal and protective. It is a rare soul that he completely trusts in but once that trust is held, he is completely unshakable in his loyalty. The only problem he has is that sometimes he feels as if he is not strong enough, or good enough, to defend those he cares about.

Lafe has creative moments, having found himself getting into music (he favors the guitar the most). He can be found, on the occasion, working out songs and melodies. Quiet and not up to mischief for once, Lafe will spend countless hours scribbling out lyrics to songs you'll never hear.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Lafe wants to learn to be MORE. He can't always depend on others and he desperately wants to learn how to be someone who's stronger and able to protect others.

-----------------

Brief History: The area Lafe calls home is populated by dark faeries and other demons of the fae persuasion. Society there is controlled by the local court, of which he - and his older twin - were born to serve. Whereas his older brother seemed to flourish and come into his powers, Lafe seemed stunted and unable to do so. He was viewed as something of a failure, not nearly as powerful, as well as wild. Far more in tune with his animal side than he should have been.

Eventually there came a point where they started to push at him, realizing that while his brother was the talented one, all the power was within the younger twin. Lafe rankled under the pressure, not wanting any part of the court or their schemes - especially when no one had cared about him until it was clear he could serve a purpose.

Lafe ran away in the dark of the night, taking what he could, and slipped off into the forests. Enjoying a freedom he hadn't had before, he roamed the wilderness and the cities until he ran into a young vampire named Alejandro. They became quick friends and traveled together from there on out. Full of mischief and enjoying causing trouble, they decided to hide themselves into one of the many local orphanages. The Home for Wayward Scarelings and the Recently Appeared gave them a home and food but was only useful until they found they could go to school.

Likes/Dislikes: Lafe is something of a trickster/troublemaker and enjoys getting into all sorts of mischief as much as possible. He loves exploring the wilderness as much as the urban jungle (parkour for life) as well as going to parties (raves are the best), even if they are tiring. Whatever money he has is usually spent on clothing (he might have a fashion problem and like eyeliner), hair accessories, and other frivolous things (sweets forever). He has no tolerance for pushy people or anyone who decides they want to tell him what to do. It's a great way to find out just how spiteful he can be.

-----------------

FEAR Ability:
Fae Fire - Lafe is able to conjure sparks of fae fire that distorts the air around him or can be focused on an attacker to be an annoyance. (The Mind, Tier One)

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Glowy pale silver-blue.
Hair Colour/Style: Ginger! On the darker red side of being a ginger versus orange. Slightly long, usually pulled back into something stylish. Sometimes streaks glow in the dark chalk hair colors into his hair if he's going out to party. Ref One, Two, Three as ideas.
Skin Colour: Pale, ginger baby freckles that darken the more "sun" he gets.
Clothing Style/Colours: Punk, grunge, street style, some visual kei ... Have fun, dear artist! He's a street kid and prefers this kind of clothing, especially if it's the latest high fashion. Adores layers and darker colors mixed with bright colors. Sometimes found sporting a feathered fox mask, as if the ears and tail weren't enough of a giveaway.
Extra: Has an ear cuff on his ear (artist choice of ear, it moves around, lol!). He has a pair of fox ears and a tail. The ears are slightly darker color than his actual hair color and his tail is entirely white. His eyes are slightly glowy ANIMAL eyes and he has a sharp grin (hello canines).
FACECAST: Linus Wördemann
References/aesthetic - the artwork of Lafe is from an old incarnation and does not accurately depict his current clothing style but the physical appearance is correct.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:12 pm
HOLDING THIS FOR REASONS  

azuredreams

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:16 pm
cause matching avatars  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 pm
HEYYYYYY DARLING WELCOME TO TIH biggrin

Age > Older teenager or younger? Students are typically between 13 - 17, so appearance there is totes fine, this is just to clarify!

Species > I LIKE V MUCH

Nat ability > Is a fox his natural form? If so, then all students are given a skullpin to keep them humanoid during classes and such; in their rooms and off campus, they can remove them and revert back to their natural form, and it's not considered a nat ability, just a species ability as a whole! You could choose a different nat ability if you wanted, or you can keep it shapeshifting, either works!

FEAR > ALL GOOD

Overall he looks awesome I AM STOKED FOR HIM <3

azuredreams

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

azuredreams

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:29 pm
kuropeco
Age > Older teenager or younger? Students are typically between 13 - 17, so appearance there is totes fine, this is just to clarify!

Species > I LIKE V MUCH

Nat ability > Is a fox his natural form? If so, then all students are given a skullpin to keep them humanoid during classes and such; in their rooms and off campus, they can remove them and revert back to their natural form, and it's not considered a nat ability, just a species ability as a whole! You could choose a different nat ability if you wanted, or you can keep it shapeshifting, either works!

FEAR > ALL GOOD

Overall he looks awesome I AM STOKED FOR HIM <3

LOL, i actually had like 15~16 on there but changed it at some point? I'll go specify that.

Wifey was talking about that with me and I prefer having it as a natural ability. Puca/Pooka in stories are shapeshifters (horses, dogs, whatever) so that they can get up to mischief. Also fits more with my ideas that he has the ability to shift back and forth at will versus he's a fox without the skullpin.

Edit: to further clarify, I think of Pooka as animal/nature beings. So one can be whatever animal but they just embody that animal without being an actual animal, if that makes sense. Lafe just happens to be closer to his animal side than others but his natural form is a teenager ... with ears and a tail, lolol.

*u* thanks so much, kuro!!!! you're awesome!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 am
azuredreams
LOL, i actually had like 15~16 on there but changed it at some point? I'll go specify that.

Wifey was talking about that with me and I prefer having it as a natural ability. Puca/Pooka in stories are shapeshifters (horses, dogs, whatever) so that they can get up to mischief. Also fits more with my ideas that he has the ability to shift back and forth at will versus he's a fox without the skullpin.

Edit: to further clarify, I think of Pooka as animal/nature beings. So one can be whatever animal but they just embody that animal without being an actual animal, if that makes sense. Lafe just happens to be closer to his animal side than others but his natural form is a teenager ... with ears and a tail, lolol.

*u* thanks so much, kuro!!!! you're awesome!

AWESOME IT LOOKS FABULOUS biggrin

I'm super jazzed to see him in play, I'd love some RP when you get him! <3

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:37 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games