[Disbanding Notice] Fate of the Swampies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:40 pm
I doubt this will come as a surprise to anyone, as this has been a running theme with me for a long while: I just do not have a lot of spare time anymore, and despite fervent hoping on my part, I have to accept that that will never change. As much as I want to do things, as much as I want to be around for this pride and for it to continue on and be fun and interesting, I just can't do it.

However, as it is a large and old pride, I wouldn't feel right just saying "It's done, kthxbye." At the same time, I'm not entirely comfortable rehoming it. My preference at this point is to establish circumstances for the pride's dissolution, in such a way that will free all the characters currently 'stuck' in an inactive pride while still making IC sense.

The circumstances behind the disbanding are:
  • Former king Narindima'moyo dies of old age/stressful life, after which his former consort (and former goddess), Piliroho kwa Kwini, disappears. Meanwhile, Mama Asali has not been sighted in some time, since before Siyarin's group left to reinhabit the swamp.
  • Sometime after the disappearance of Pili, a massive rockslide occurs, resulting in injuries, deaths, and disappearances/assumed deaths. Among those presumed dead is the Queen, Samudranta.
  • After this, La'u Khara'i, mother of Samudranta and former Queen, calls it: it's time for the pride to disband. After a flood, a fire, and now a landslide, they need to take the hint. Perhaps the Jini-misemi simply aren't meant to be. Thanks to their roving ways, they do have informal and family ties to a lot of prides, and it shouldn't be difficult for them to find new homes. Individuals may either strike out on their own, or discuss the possibilities with their fellow swampies and set out in groups if they have the same destination in mind.
  • As it is much smaller, easier to manage, and easier to orchestrate ideas/plans for, Siyarin's cult in the swamp WILL REMAIN and ultimately become its own pride; she will, however, not be amenable to accepting many refugees. Any who come to her will be carefully assessed for their suitability for her plans, and those who don't pass her review won't be accepted. Further information about the cult will come soon-ish.

This thread is still open for discussion! The pride IS dissolving, but you may use this thread to organize groups, if you wish, and/or list the status of your swampies (deceased, missing, injured, where they're going, etc.).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:57 am
Meepfur

Tidis says 'SAAAAM NUUUUUUUUU~!'

But ah, yeah, pretty much sounds about right to me for the most part. =<  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:53 pm
Not really much I can say, other than being sad to see it go. The only lion I have of royal Swampie blood doesn't know it, I don't think (fling kid of Narindima's in the Shrine Keepers).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 am
Sad so see the pride go but totally understandable. RL has the habit of being rather demanding the older we get. I may look into the cult for one of my more die hard members.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:23 am
Alright, going to go ahead and edit up the first post here and make it final.

Tonberry Queen X
Tidis says 'SAAAAM NUUUUUUUUU~!'

IT'S OKAY, TIDIS. She's around. Somewhere. Dazed and confused.

Excited Apathy
Not really much I can say, other than being sad to see it go. The only lion I have of royal Swampie blood doesn't know it, I don't think (fling kid of Narindima's in the Shrine Keepers).

Sooo long ago, but I think 'Cavi and I arranged it so that he would visit a couple times. He probably didn't tell them, but he does have a half-brother there, Jibwa, who would've been happy to talk about the swampies.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:14 am
As far as what's happening with my swampies, here we go!

Known Deceased:
x | Narindima'moyo | Jabali x Asali'jua (prior to landslide)
x | Koko'kizuka | Jabali x Asali'jua
x | Talkh Angara | Mwali x Azachamorel

Missing:
x | Mama Asali | ? x ? (prior to landslide)
x | Piliroho kwa Kwini | Tamu'dhihaka x Ardhi-hai (prior to landslide)
x | Apanthi | Ramlin x Vatii
x | Samudranta | Koda x La'u Khara'i

In Siyarin's Group:
x | Siyarin | Vyoga-kwaa x La'u Khara'i
x | Arth-lobhi | Eshan x Asthal
x | Ihamutra | Niloticus x Thuraske
x | Kala Cor | ? x Koko'kizuka

Dispersing to Other Prides:
(Eventually, assuming they're accepted if/when joining is open.)
Aka'mleli
x | Chemankari | Jabali x Mama Asali
Bonelands
x | Akhet-pasu | Badiliko-geni x Mkimbiaji-a-Ghaibu
x | Nata'matope | Talkh Angara x Ini Haki
Ela'wadiyi
x | Badiliko-geni | ? x ?
x | La'u Khara'i | Narindima'moyo x Piliroho kwa Kwini
x | Mkimbiaji-a-Ghaibu | Maraba Edi x Ini Haki
Firekin
x | Ari-bhiri | Al-Hattal x Luciernaga
x | Ini Haki | Zeus x Epesi'vipawa
Pridelands
x | Mashriqain | Bamidele x Uhai'Tuta
x | Qalb-az-Khorshid | Tultulana x Mashriqain
x | Roa'haere | Beshtetu x Kimya'kizuka
Ulili-Mlindaji
x | Aisa-waisa | Soloren x Mwenye-Heri Tarishi
x | Atqiya'atma | ? x Amkia
x | Mwenye-Heri Tarishi | ? x Asali'jua
x | Ume'itikadi | Badiliko-geni x Mkimbiaji-a-Ghaibu

Undecided:
x | Afsun-karna | Mle'tonoka x Moto'nyota
x | Hal-shikasta | Unuspuniceus x Jaha-mnamo-Ukosa
x | Hawa'i | Mvushi x Eve'angeline (Bahari?)
x | Ubhar-le-Jana | Dalji-fi-Mawingu x Potevu'penzi
x | Udayacal | Nigliktok x Nallant-Seregnen

Currently Pilgrims:
x | Azaf | Amenemsou x Hal-shikasta
x | Hiba | Tauna x Piliroho kwa Kwini
x | Kaa | Tauna x Piliroho kwa Kwini (Mwezi?)
x | Njiti | Jitokeza x Kianira
x | Tifu | Talkh Angara x Ini Haki (Firekin?)
x | Tiisha | Paropakari x Gopala
x | Zawadi | Domevlo x Mama Asali (new!swampies?)

Meepfur
Vice Captain

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:33 am
While I'm sorry to see it go, I won my single swampie lioness knowing that they were going to be disbanded soon. I'm unsure of what I'll do with her now, but I hope she will have had as great a life as she would in the swamp. heart  
[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games