[PRP] A Little Nonsense Now and Then Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 am
Thaddeus watched Shadow with a stoic expression, quietly allowing the stallion time to reflect and think about his actions. It seems at long long last that Shadow finally understood why the gray cerynei had been so bothered by his pranks. He sighed as he watched the younger male think and reflect on his actions. Besides having been snared by a vine, Thaddeus couldn't say there had been anything particularly bad about his day thus far; the weather was pleasant, the birds were singing, all in all, Thaddeus could say the only sour note was this particularly poorly planned prank that he had the unfortunate luck of walking in to.

Thaddeus' smiled a little at the thought, realizing he was handling this situation like he would be handling a young foal still learning their way about the world. It brought him back to thoughts of his father and how he had chastised Thaddeus. It was a bittersweet thought, he realized. It had been many years since he had even taken time to think of his father, the stallion's passing something Thaddeus had had to accept too quickly. What memories he did have of his father were too far and few between and many were fading with time and age.

With slow and gentle movements, Thaddeus joined Shadow in laying on the ground. The gray and blue dappled stallion waited for Shadow to start talking again. It was for the best that he allowed the younger of the two start talking first. It was what his father had done when trying to teach him a lesson and get him to grow as an individual. It seemed that was what Shadow needed to do for himself in this very moment. Self reflection was never bad to do and sometimes it was incredibly necessary.

"That's a perfectly fine thing to want, Shadow, but sometimes certain pranks leave a bad taste in the other's mouth. Even the most elaborate pranks can be the poorest in taste." He watched the raccoon come up and console his bonded, it seemed there was more to Shadow pulling his pranks than Thaddeus had realized. "You can bring joy to others with more than just pranks, you know. You can make them laugh with jokes that don't involve physical humor." The elder soquili did his best to try and talk Shadow through his feelings, unsure of how to step around the uneasy situation.

He sighed and watched Shadow a little intently, trying to think things through. "There must be more to why you prank others. Why do you do it?" He paused, thinking over what Shadow had said, letting the words mull over in his mind. "Something happened, didn't it?"

Kaya Wolf Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 pm
Shadow had fallen silent. His heart ached fiercely in his chest. He shut his eyes tightly in hopes that the pain might abate, that reducing the world to nothing but a darkened void might make things easier upon him. This was not to be the case. For as much as he wished to disappear, to return to a simpler moment, time could not be turned back. He had acted out his prank and it had brought him here. Face to face with the consequences, just as it had been with Ra’Avyn. I am such a fool. The draft stallion berated himself, feeling vulnerable and childish. My skills have not grown in the least…

He sensed movement in the space around him. The gray dappled Cerynei had joined him on the ground, simply sitting at his side and waiting. Shadow briefly explained his motivations. They were simplistic and pure. At least, that is what the stallion once believed; however, now he could not be so certain. Thaddeus had drawn the pranks into question, illustrated their destructive potential. Could something innocent truly cause so much pain? Shadow could not reconcile it in his mind. His head grew fuzzy and befuddled the more he thought on the other’s words. It cannot be. I—I… His breathing quickened as he grew anxious. The very idea that he would harm another…and yet it seemed so clear to him now that the elder stallion had enlightened him.

Before he entered a fully panicked state, Thaddeus’ remarks drew him from the mire. Orange orbs drifted haltingly over to the stallion at his side. “Jokes?” His muzzle scrunched in perplexed manner as he processed the idea. It never occurred to him to tell jokes. They always seemed so bland to him, so one-dimensional. But a prank, that was surely something for an artist, which is what he considered himself. A perpetuator of artistic expression through bodily humor, and a purveyor of laughter as a result. Yet, if his pranks were truthfully ill-conceived… “I enjoy the challenge of the prank. Also I…I do not know many jokes.” He admitted softly. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he added, “Jokes were more so my brother’s forte.”

The orange and black stallion grew uncomfortable at the mention of his brother. It had been many months since he had spoken of him, years more since he had seen his younger sibling. The pain of that day burned brightly still in his heart. Very few knew of his family, and only his family knew of the events of that day. Shadow sighed wearily, dropping his head so that it rested on his outstretched hoof. Yori curled up next to him. “I do not like speaking of it. And I honestly have not thought on the question you have posed. But, if I were to examine my reasoning, perhaps the two could be connected.” He rolled his head sideways to peer up at Thaddeus. Moisture coated his eyes. “It is likely due to my brother. I do not wish others to experience sorrow. I wish everyone to laugh, like he once did…” A solitary tear fell from the corner of his gaze while he spoke, trickling down his cheek until dropping on the earth below. Oh how he missed his brother!

HoneyTeaTree

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm
Thaddeus hummed softly as Shadow talked. There was little sense in trying to pry in to the stallion's life more than necessary and it was for the best that Shadow opened up to him on his own time. "Well... if you don't know many jokes now, you could always learn some," he offered gently. If pranks were truly such a big part of Shadow's character, it didn't make sense to completely dissuade Shadow of his enjoyment. Perhaps there were ways Shadow could continue to revel in pulling pranks without having his jokes and jests having consequences that caused harm to others.

He exhaled and cocked his head to the side as he thought. There had to be some way, some way for Shadow to retain who he was. "You could still pull pranks you know, you don't have to give up the act entirely. Just.... be more careful, pull pranks that don't necessarily result in someone getting hurt. There are pranks that can be done that are actually very pleasant and can provoke laughter from both parties." The cerynei looked to the orange and black stallion, a gentle, understanding light in his eyes.

It seemed that he had stirred up some melancholy feelings with in the stallion. He grimaced, feeling a small of tug of guilt on his heart strings. Thaddeus had never intended to stir up any hard memories within Shadow, but in the end this situation was perhaps for the best. "You know, it's not good to bottle up feelings or memories, even if they are painful. Even if it does hurt to talk about it, it might be good to try to, even if you only do so a little bit at a time. I also know what it's like to lose a family member. Years have passed since my father's death and it is still incredibly painful for me to think about, but I try to live on as he would have wanted me to." He paused as he thought his words over carefully. Perhaps Shadow had a very similar drive to his own.... Thaddeus did his best to act on as his father would have wanted him to by protecting those that could not protect themselves... Shadow was most likely doing the same.

The cerynei's expression fell as he noticed the tear slip down the orange and black stallion's cheek and the guilt that had pulled at his heart earlier tugged even more fiercely now. "I apologize for dragging up painful memories." his brow knit as he tried to think of some way he could make it up to Shadow. There must be something he could do... "Why don't you tell me a bit about your brother? I know you must miss him dearly."

Kaya Wolf Moon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 pm
The orange and black stallion laid listlessly on his stomach. His ears picking up every word which Thaddeus spoke, yet none of it truly reaching inward. It was as if the world grew silent all around him as he tried to resolve the internal war brewing within. To rid oneself of a characteristic would be to alter oneself at the core. Could he truly do such a thing? Certainly, he did not wish to cause harm or ill fortune to anyone; however, pranks were all that he knew and loved. He could not be rid of them completely lest he risk losing part of himself. Yet…he had to wonder. Why did he cherish his pranks so? For their enjoyment, it was true, but there lay a deeper meaning to them that he had not thought about in many seasons. My brother… The realization slammed into him like the weight of a log. His lungs constricted tightly, squeezing all the air from themselves. Was the answer truly that simplistic in its design? Shadow lowered his gaze to the ground once more, orange orbs darting pensively back and forth under furrowed brow. I remember it well. Brother and I…

His body jerked in response to the dapple Cerynei’s assertion of releasing his feelings. They were very nearly the same words his mother spoke to him before he left his home. The entire family suffered in their own way, each finding their own peace with the tragedy. He, on the other hand, remained unable to move on so swiftly. The loss of his brother, of the one family member who could make him laugh incessantly, drove a deep thorn in his heart. Thus, he chose to journey away from home in hopes of finding his brother somewhere in the great unknown. “You sound as my mother did.” The younger stallion whispered gently. His words faint to the point where Thaddeus need listen painfully close to hear. “It was her belief that allowing my memories and grief to flow freely would help them settle into more manageable levels. However, I was not ready to do so then. But,” he sighed. “Perhaps I should clarify. My brother has not died. At least, that is my hope. He is simply lost to me at the moment and I do not know where. He—he…” Shadow hesitated, at a loss for the proper words.

Taking a moment to collect himself, he heard the elder stallion’s apology for dredging up his troublesome memories. Shaking his head, he closed his eyes and drew in a breath. “There is no need for apology. The memories are painful, yes, but they are necessary at the same token. Truth be told, I have not spoken about my brother in a long time. Which is something I am ashamed of. He is one worthy to be talked about, after all.” A faint shimmer of adoration began to slowly creep into Shadow’s eyes. “My brother was the life of our family I dare say. You heard my mention of his jokes earlier? They were among the most clever ever told. He and I were the dynamic duo. The combination of his jokes and my pranks never left our family in a dull or saddened state. We strove to make everyone laugh, and we were the best at it. He more so than I admittedly. His laughter was a contagious matter. His smile capable of overpowering the sun itself.” He paused before adding, “He was the youngest and the one I got along with most…And I do…I do miss him dearly.” He could barely utter the last sentence. His emotions were flaring wildly, raging and roiling inside his heart and soul. Images of that day flashing like an unyielding storm in his memory.

HoneyTeaTree

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:43 pm
Thaddeus had a hard time catching the soft tone Shadow's voice had taken on. His words came out so quiet that the gray stallion nearly missed them slipping past the purple and orange stallions lips as he spoke. He slowly ducked his head to make it so his ears could better hear the stallion. Right now it seemed that Shadow would need more support than ever, and Thaddeus would happily off the stallion a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on. While he had just met Shadow mere hours ago, Thaddeus couldn't help but hold himself accountable for opening such a heavy wound on Shadow's heart. It was difficult to overcome such loss easily or quickly, and many never truly healed from the loss of family.

He let out an exhale through his nose as he listened to Shadow's words. He couldn't help the soft smile that came across him as he was compared to the stallion's mother. Thaddeus could remember the words of his own mother, telling him that he had a kind heart and soothing presence that could rival her own. It was often that his mother told him she often forgot he had yet to become a father due to his kind heart and mentoring approach to helping others, but she was sure that he would be a wonderful father whenever the day did come, just as Thaddeus' father had been to him and his sister. However now was hardly the time to be thinking back to his own memories; it was for the best that he focus on listening to Shadow and his plight.

The Cerynei's brows furrowed in question as Shadow spoke of his brother. Not dead..? He wondered how long ago the loss of his brother had happened. Although it was incredibly admirable that Shadow remained so determined of his younger brother's survival, it was also equally naive and foolish. Though... while he thought about it, if he were in the same position and it was his younger sister that he had lost Thaddeus couldn't say he wouldn't do as Shadow was doing. If there was a chance that his sister was still out and alive in the world, Thaddeus would do anything to find her, no matter what. His ears flickered at the shudder in Shadow's voice. "Take your time, there's no rush to tell me the tale of you and your brother. I feel honored that you're telling me about him," he offered the stallion, his deep voice gentle and calm.

Once Shadow resumed speaking, blue eyes carefully observed the change in Shadow's disposition. Shadow very obviously cared for his brother and Thaddeus couldn't deny how his heart ached to see a fellow older brother so sad and broken over the loss of his sibling. It was a relief to see Shadow smile since this conversation had started, and Thaddeus couldn't help but smile in response to the one on Shadow's face, however small it was.

"He sounds wonderful... Like a compliment to your own personality, no doubt. I would love to meet him. Your relationship with him sounds much like my own with my sister. She was the bright light in my family, she always found a way to get my mother and I to smile, finding ways to make us laugh and forget our troubles..." Thaddeus paused, his expression flooded with concern as Shadow seemed unable to continue talking about such a sore subject. Perhaps there was a way Thaddeus could help... Something he could do to help ease Shadow's hurt...

"Have you heard of found any signs of his survival? Perhaps I could join you in your search for your brother? I've been travelling for quite a while now and I'm very familiar with the area. With another set of eyes, it might help in the search for him."

KayaWolfMoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm
Shadow’s muzzle twitched with the faintest of smiles. “Aye, he was capable of making anyone he encountered laugh. No matter their troubles, no matter their despair, he brought smiles to their faces. True and genuine smiles from deep within their souls. While I could do the same, there was something more…magical in the way he managed to bring it forth.” Memories flashed across the window of his mind. The way their eyes had lit up when his brother told a joke, the way their guttural laughs echoed all around, it was simply pure and unequivocal talent. A charisma which shown forth in the younger sibling’s every joke and action. Yes, the two of them had been like two peas in a pod. Each practicing their technique with and upon the other. Honing their crafts to utter perfection in a bid to outdo one another, yet also in an effort to support and guide. When his brother disappeared, so too had that part of him. If only I had been closer. Shadow silently berated himself. His thoughts drifting to that horrid day. The day that the laughter- the true, sincere kind- had died. Not physically, mind you. His brother was alive, after all; although, if asked, he would not be able to explain why he thought as much. He merely knew. Felt it in his soul that his brother was alive somewhere, waiting to be discovered, waiting to be brought back home. Then the laughter could resume once more.

A touch of a paw on his shoulder brought Shadow out of his reverie. Turning his head, he glanced at Yori whom stared back with questioning gaze. The stallion’s expression softened and he nodded his head, indicating that he was all right. “Forgive me,” he said softly as he refocused on Thaddeus. “Sometimes I become lost in those days. Afraid that if I do not lose myself there, that I may forget his voice or misremember his appearance. I know that may sound preposterous. How could one forget a sibling, correct? Yet, sometimes—” He hesitated briefly, drawing in a steadying breath, before starting again. “—Sometimes I find myself confusing him for another. His laughter suddenly mingles with that of my other brother, or his likeness melds into the shape of my mother. It should not be, yet I find it is so. In those moments, in those dreadful moments, my heart constricts with terror. A fear that I have forgotten him, never again to remember. What sort of brother am I that I could overlook him in such a manner?” His eyes glistened anew with unbidden tears. Their drops trailing down his cheeks, leaving streaks of liquid stain in their wake. And yet…there was hope. Could it be? Another would be willing to help him in his search for his brother? To aid in filling that black void deep in his heart? “Y—you would help me find him? Are you certain?” He was awestruck by the offer. No one had ever offered their assistance to him before. It would take him a moment to process it fully. His heart already feeling what his mind would come to recognize as gratitude and kinship.

HoneyTeaTree

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 pm
Thaddeus' eyes brightened at the slightest hint of a smile on Shadow's muzzle. It was nice seeing the expression return to the stallion's face, even if it was a faint glimmer of the smile shadow had sported earlier. Even if the memories of his brother were bitter sweet, there were still good memories and lovely moments that the two shared and that Shadow no doubt remembered his brother fondly and it showed in how Shadow spoke of him. Thaddeus didn't know what he could do to help Shadow, aside from help him search for his long lost brother, there was little that came to mind as to what he could do for the stallion. Sure he could offer him comforting words and a form of support that he may not have had before, but there was only so much he could do. Plus there was always the chance that they were unable to find Shadows long lost brother and as disheartening as that was, it was a very real chance that could be the outcome of their search.

Thaddeus hummed a thoughtful sound and gave a shake of his head as Shadow apologized. "Think nothing of it. The memories you have of him are important. There's no need to apologize for thinking of him fondly." The gray and blue dappled cerynei patiently laid beside Shadow, a gentle tone taking to his voice. "I know what it's like, to be afraid of misremembering someone who has been lost to you. To forget their voice, the color of their eyes, the way they looked when they smiled, it's truly terrifying. I barley remember my father's face, but I remember the lessons he taught me when I was growing, and that is what's important. The lessons your brother taught you are what is important even if his appearance begins to fade from your minds eye." The great Cerynei gave a nod of his head at Shadow's question. "Of course, I would be happy to offer you my aid."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm
Orange orbs glimpsed upward at the Cerynei. The elder’s words striking a chord within Shadow. Their meaning coursed through him, and he found himself slowing bobbing his head as he accepted the reassurance. "You are very kind. I do not believe many would be as forgiving or helpful as you are. In fact, I do not believe many could even relate to what it is I have said…nor do I wish it upon them. I am glad to know that I am not alone in this; although, I extend my apologies if I have brought up any sour memories of your own. They are a burden which no one should be made to carry.” He lowered his gaze to the ground while he spoke, staring intently at the debris-strewn earth. The familiar pang of emptiness in his chest threatened to withdraw him from the conversation. His brother’s absence had hit the entirety of the family in a hard manner. All of them shared the same whole in their hearts. Never to again be whole lest he find his brother and return him to them. That had become his mission some years ago. He could not return to them without his brother. Perhaps then his guilt over the circumstances that lead to his brother’s disappearance would abate. Seeing the long-forgotten smiles upon their faces once again would be more than ever he dared dream.

And now…now there was another willing to help him achieve that dream. Someone whom understood the loss he felt, and whom maybe had other ideas to employ. As much as Shadow disliked admitting it, his and Yori’s ideas garnered little information on which to go on. They always ended up leading them back towards the beginning. Dare I hope that our luck is changing? The black and orange stallion could not bring himself to utter the enticing sentiment. Too many times he had his dreams dashed. He would err on the side of caution this time, allowing only the faintest hint of hope to niggle itself into his being. “Perhaps the heavens have not forgotten me then.” Shadow admitted in barely an audible whisper. Urged by the lightest brushing of Yori’s paw on his shoulder, he raised his voice so that his new companion could better hear. “If you are willing to give it, then I would be a fool to shirk it. I accept your kind offer of assistance in finding my brother. Who knows, perhaps the old saying of possessing two heads might ring true, though in this case I suppose it would be three with the inclusion of my bonded, Yori.” A thought struck the younger of the stallions then. It occurred to him that, throughout the progression of their conversation, neither of them thought to introduce themselves properly. Shadow chuckled to himself at the breach before meeting Thaddeus’ gaze fully. “Forgive me but, I believe we have overlooked something of importance. Our names! I shall begin. As I have previously mentioned, my bonded’s name is Yori, and I am called Shadow. What of yours?”

HoneyTeaTree
Okay so I looked throughout the entire RP and realized they hadn't officially introduced themselves. lol At least, I didn't see where they had...but I'm also prone to overlooking things at times. x3 Better late than never though!

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers