like he has to hunch over to get his center of gravity in the right place

like his limbs are too long

and the things he hears

well!

they don't bear discussing, only

he thought his walls were thicker than that

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:41 pm
He hurt. Everywhere.

The ache of his limbs feeling too long for his body put a great burden on him to compensate and make it right. His back arched like a cat's to try and fix the disquiet but it only made him limp and trip while trying to find the balance he'd lost. Worse than that, was...the ache that was in his prosthetics. Like they were a part of him.

Lucas swallowed hard and turned in bed for the millionth time that night, trouble writ in his features. He had a small idea what was happening to him, but it was the only logical answer and thus was the one he was trying to reject the most: delayed PTSD. He'd never experienced ghost limbs or phantom limbs, even when the accident had happened, but now...now he was hurting like it was fresh, now he was feeling on things that were not there and hadn't been, for years.

He supposed that's why his hearing had gone and amped up a notch - some sort of side effect of the war, his ordnance experience come back to echo. It was just some cruel twist of fate that everything he heard was things kept mostly...overt.

To say he wasn't coping well was...a bit of a gross understatement. It included bedding someone who climbed in his window and then grievously insulting a...a thing that meant something to Autumn.

That, he still wasn't dealing with. Refused to. Don't wanna can't make him.

He covered his face with his hands and groaned quietly. The scent of Thorne was still there, and he swore he could still smell the flowers that had been at Autumn's. As if everything that had started to drive him up the wall was lingering, clinging, cloying. A reminder of what he did and that yeah, that just happened. Not that Lucas was ashamed, but he could only wonder what in the blue blazes was in the days to come if he couldn't sort out his own personal mishaps. And if it was PTSD, he should...look into getting help for that. Soon. Before it deprived him of his sanity.

The problem was that Lucas didn't really want to go in for that, not when he was helping people with it at work. He'd be unfit to serve. Again. And that just wasn't an option. Sighing deeply, he wasn't sure what his options were otherwise, it's not like anyone could help --

Or could they? Rylan's name flit through his mind, and for a moment, he felt a trickle of hope. Maybe talking with another vet would help? Exhaling slowly and resting his hand over his eyes, he decided he'd look the man up again and have a chat...and hope it didn't turn out like his meeting with Thorne or Pax. He could only deal with so much disappointment in himself in this lifetime, let alone in the span of a week.

A beacon of light might be just what he needed.

Ashdown Crier
+2 RP's trying to deal (or not deal, cough)

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:15 pm
prompt.
    lucas has a surfeit of nighttime visitors

this time, though, it's a much quieter one

until she sits on the bed

and offers him some help.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:13 pm
exclaim Special Delivery exclaim

User Image

On Lucas's doorstep, there is a small bottle and a wax-sealed letter. Should Lucas decide to read the envelope, addressed to him in cursive, it says the following:

Lucas:

I've done a lot of thinking about what you said, and I realized I was kind of being a b***h. You raised some good points... and you're not the first person to tell me I'm in over my head. A friend of mine told me I need to reach out more, and between the two of you, I think you're right. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not a fighter. The only thing I know is you don't deserve my crazy, and I'm sorry for just.. kind of expecting you to take it? Haha, I kind of forget Pax is scary to other people (talk about desensitized...) I know this won't make up for it, but this is a massage oil for pain. Takes about ten minutes to kick in, but it gets rid of just about any ache you might have. Don't feel like you have to reply- I just wanted to say sorry, and I hope you're okay. I can't blame you if you wanna get out of my life. I probably would too, tbh.

Best wishes,

Autumn

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:57 pm
prompt.
    lucas has become quite territorial lately

his things are his things

what wouldn't have been a matter for discussion last week

now is a matter for several minutes' seething

that's his stapler, goddamnit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:20 pm
prompt response

(( how did I not post this?? it's saved somewhere. i'll find it. >[ ))  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:31 pm
congratulations, riser!
    you now have the honor of completing the the flame and the sword challenge. to complete this most excellent quest and unlock the powers that lie within, you must complete these requirements (but not necessarily in this order).
  • three threads of at least 500 words each with other weres (or weres-to-be) where lucas establishes a mentor relationship with them
  • a DM'd thread in which lucas gains access to the otherworld library and discovers an old book written by a familiar person
  • at least one thread in which lucas follows the eldritch instructions from the book in order to gain power
  • a thread with heliodora winters
    in exchange, your character will receive knowledge from the otherworld and open a new power for werebeing visitors.
have fun, and let us know when you've completed your requirements!  
journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff